Sergio Canales

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
What do you want? He´s a madridista. And it´s a match day. Comparison between Barca player and a madridista just dont add up an of course Cules would be "ecstatic" over a Barca player. I bet you didn´t like the Nou Camp whistling at him either.
As for the "overrated" part. Sure, I was just throwing it out there. But if anything, people were making over the top long term prognosis based on couple of games which is worse than few us making bad ones for laughs.

Thats the problem when "People" watch la liga and base their "prognosis" on games where Canales has scored. He is not a goal scorer. He is winger/attacking midfielder who came on set back in October/November when he had no hype but his play was very commendable for a 18 year old.

Just throwing it out there but he is better than our kids that have graduated from the Barca academy so calling him overrated would surely mean that our kids are much worse than that.

Again, he is 18 who has actually stepped up for a team like Racing instead of buckling down under pressure to perform.

karthik

Well, Canales certainly was not bad but he wasnt good either. Well, what can you do, when you will be facing the Yaya?

I dont think he is over rated. He is young, he has brilliant vision, trying to pick players and his set pieces arent bad either. Pretty good for an 18 year old.

However i was boo-ing the bastard myself :)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is better than who exactly? And no. He is not 18. He is 19. Thiago is 18. And I am confident had he had same opportunities as Canales, or had pep had the luxury to give more opportunities to youngsters, who is to say that he wouldn´t be the hyped youngster of La Liga atm.

karthik

Yep, i accept with Bojan. Thiago is better than canales, his performance in the Gamper trophy against Man City showed he is quality,

and Man city did field a pretty strong line up that night at the nou camp :)

Beast

The Observer
Before jumping into conclusions about his performance it was kinda expected
Munitis the leader and Racing main and top assist man was missing , so was Colsa the main DM plus their main runner (wouldn't call him a striker ) Tchite those 3 + Canales allow Racing to tick

Their fans were furious about those three getting the second yellow and missing the game in a way some said(it was all over the Spanish press last week ) Racing already throw the towel before the visit and decided to clean slate the yellow cards in a game they were bound to lose with or without their main players

He was actually good considering the remains of Racing squad around him and the first time booing(which was expected after he picked Real over Barca and others ) from the faithful cule's .. good warm up for future classicos

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
only you, Gneg... can come up with such stats.
I know!

I kinda like him though, not "waaaaaaaaaa wawa waaaaa canales!" but more like "yeah, he's alright alright". And as i said, I very much liked his mature approach yesterday, that can only be rewarded with respect.

House of Flies

LOL. He turned 19 like 5 days ago... excellent argument, Bojan. 2 more months, Thiago would be 19 as well.

Why is he better than our kids? Simple. They dont have the mental toughness to sorta carry a team like Racing Santander on their 18 (oh my bad, 19 year old) shoulders.

Can he build on that? Time will tell and how Real Madrid manages the kid (who also have a terrible track record at managing kids). But currently, he is better than Thiago/JDS x 2.

E

Esteve

Oh come on kids. He was the best racing player out there. All the best racing moves came via Canales and he was 18 playing at Nou Camp.

yeah.

If Bojan was at loan at Racing and he did half of what Canales did last night, most of you will be going absolutely ecstatic. Absolutely pathetic response on how a 18 year old played against Barcelona.

yeah.

and that Marquez tackle was terrible but thats what he gets for choosing Madrid.

yep.

But currently, he is better than Thiago/JDS x 2.

erm, no. disagree. ya lost me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
to hof: Thanx. At least the message that he isnt younger than Thiago came through.
Well raving on about Canales and ignoring Thiago is what you are doing now basically. Not a single post in Thiago thread by you after last match as opposed to this one.
You didnt like the tackle, didnt like the whistles, said that he is better than our kids... Would you have liked it if he scored vs. us?
Point is Thiago played way less for anyone to label him is worse than Canales and in those few matches he played he showed a great potential.

House of Flies

LOL. You know what? I give up this discussion.

Not because your points are good but there is no way that I can debate such "valid" points that you have made in your last post.

I mean- how being 2 months older equals to being OLD especially when talking about 18/19 year olds. bahaha.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Coming through the ranks at Barça and doing it at Racing are totally different things, eventually a player with ability will find his way through wherever he is playing but he may have to wait a little longer at a top club because of the quality of those ahead of him so it's extremely unfair to write off (younger) Barça canteranos because they're not getting the same minutes as Canales at a small club. For the record I thought Canales played reasonably well last night when you consider that he's young, the players around him are average and his team was on the back foot right from the beginning of the match. He beat his man a couple of times and had some decent touches but given that Racing had nearly half their first team missing he was always going to struggle so not a lot can be read into what he showed (or didn't) last night. Lastly, Canales isn't "carrying" Racing, he's chipped in with a few goals and had a few bright games but he most certainly isn't carrying the side and if he is it isn't very far because at the moment they're 15th in the table.

Home of Barca Fans