Sergio Busquets

M3ls

Joseph Martinez spoke about playing in the same team with Lionel Messi and Sergi Busquets.

- In our team there is such a player as Sergi Busquets - he is great. I think he is a genius. I prefer Busquets Messi (laughs).

- Why is that?

– Because he is ######## (great ). He is very smart,” said the Inter Miami striker.

Porque

I recall pre-season last year that Busi was loving life. Dribbling like prime Ginola.

Doesn't surprise me if he looks great there. He can lose the ball in defensive midfield and know that the odds are the opponent will miss.

While even if they score, Messi can go and score a hatrick merely using his farts to control the ball.

ajnotkeith

This is not true. Any team looking to dominate games need midfielders of very high class. Bayern, City, Madrid (who are not even a possession team per se usually) all have them.

Bayern had both Kimich and Thiago when they won last CL. City are stacked in creating midfielders department, with De Bruyne, Bernardo, Gundogan, even Rodri. Madrid have Modric and Kroos who are still going strong. Even United have a much better passer than us in Bruno Fernandes.

Sailor Mars

Busquet's skillset was so underrated and unappreciated. Bad squad planning by the Bartomeu board not only hurt Messi, but also hurt Busquets' legacy.

Another chance to appreciate him in the MLS. Other midfielders like Pirlo, Lampard, and Gerrard were flops in the MLS.

Andresito

Staff member
Never thought I'd see this comment from Harry Kane.

“When I was young, and still now, I love Sergio Busquets' game. He is an incredible player because of how he plays, how he orients his body to play and I take his example to act sometimes in that position or similar. I know that he is now in Miami but I have appreciated him a lot and he has always been in the shadow of other teammates like Messi, Neymar, Xavi or Iniesta. He is one of the greatest midfielders in history."

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Never thought I'd see this comment from Harry Kane.

“When I was young, and still now, I love Sergio Busquets' game. He is an incredible player because of how he plays, how he orients his body to play and I take his example to act sometimes in that position or similar. I know that he is now in Miami but I have appreciated him a lot and he has always been in the shadow of other teammates like Messi, Neymar, Xavi or Iniesta. He is one of the greatest midfielders in history."

No wonder Kane has some midfield qualities as a striker :D

Home of Barca Fans