Ronald Koeman

Devils

Imagine justifying Eric Garcia's disgusting defending by progressive passes.

Freaks on the internet analyzing football these days lmao.

JamDav1982

Not his fan but would be better than Luuk.

Yeah he is average at best but far better for Barca for what club needs than LDJ.

What on earth were they thinking sanctioning that for Koeman.... they panicked due to shit planning and got in anyone they could.

mc_lovin

Media claiming Barca tried to loan Rodrigo from Leeds on last day of window but Leeds couldnt as not enough time.

That.. the sale of Griezmann on Atleticos terms and LDJ being signed all further point to no planning whatsoever from board.

Circumstance have been difficult but should be dong better than this.

The Griezmann deal has been a stroke of genius.. unless we don't finish top 4 (which I doubt). Couldn't care less whether we got Luuk, Rodrigo or whoever on a one year loan.

JamDav1982

The Griezmann deal has been a stroke of genius.. unless we don't finish top 4 (which I doubt). Couldn't care less whether we got Luuk, Rodrigo or whoever on a one year loan.

Not quite a 'stroke of genius' but correct thing to sell him.

Ateltico waited until last minute and did deal on their terms while Barca probably sat until last minute thinking they would get Felix in return.

Barca were left scrambling for forwards and shite like LDJ.

Griezmann deal should be been long done by then.

You may not care but signing a player like LDJ is ridiculous and panic driven and type of player not needed.

ajnotkeith

Yeah he is average at best but far better for Barca for what club needs than LDJ.

What on earth were they thinking sanctioning that for Koeman.... they panicked due to shit planning and got in anyone they could.

I believe Barca were literally just looking for any striker to come after Griezmann and Manaj left. I don't think Luuk De Jong was an actual target but simply a placeholder, Koeman knew him and he was in Spain & Sevilla wanted to get rid of him at all costs so the board signed him to not be incredibly thin at forward, as our only fit central striker is him now.

Griezmann move was clearly not planned and improvised so we rushed to sign a trunk without any foresight or a striker waiting in case we would sell one. Bull in a china shop from Laporta.

ajnotkeith

Could they be expected to produce a shot on goal?
Or have a map picture that looks slightly better than this?
2021-09-14-Zone-14-plot-Barcelona-0-3-Bayern-Munich.png

The 3-5-2 is bad and I've been saying it since we played Salzburg and I do agree with you there. We don't have ANY of the profiles necessary to play a defensive 3-5-2, all our players are slow possession-based players and not used to having to defend and counter so obviously it was never going to go right. We sold off some guys who could be useful in such a system also. So yes we could have done a little better with a better tactic,

But again, look at the squad we played. We have 2 world-class players there, 3 if you REALLY want to push it, whereas Bayern have positional leaders at every spot in their team. We can't compete with them on a quality level

vegitot

2021-09-14-Passmap-Barcelona-Barcelona-0-3-Bayern-Munich.png

-Feverish Alba with the most passes
-Nothing player Eric with the most progressive passes
-Isolated Roberto still with the highest xG-chain stat
-Giant de Jong with the tiny dot standing on Pedris shoelaces
-World class de Jong playing sideways instead of recieven further upfield
-MOTM Araujo only playing on the outside

Wow now you actually try to search and bring some passing map into your post. That's some progresses even though you don't have a clue about what it is.

Bayern simply dominate centre area, force Barca to play more on the wings because they know Barca don't have any threat from the wing. So it is normal to see Alba with most passes or De Jong plays sideway passes.

Progressive passes = pass move forward like 10m. When you are a CB but the only one good thing you do is passing, not defending and is the worst of the back line.

Kimmich would step on Mavericky like he steps on some insects.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Not quite a 'stroke of genius' but correct thing to sell him.

Ateltico waited until last minute and did deal on their terms while Barca probably sat until last minute thinking they would get Felix in return.

Barca were left scrambling for forwards and shite like LDJ.

Griezmann deal should be been long done by then.

You may not care but signing a player like LDJ is ridiculous and panic driven and type of player not needed.

Atletico had the far better hand, and we still got very good deal for ourselves. Nothing to regret there. Personally I don't mind Luuk as an impact sub, but starting him vs Bayern was damn retarded. That's on Koeman.

Having both, Braithwaite and Luuk, is pretty shameful. But the Braithwaite deal has been far worse.

Wambo

People on other forums are already calling Barcelona "the Arsenal of La Liga". Yes, you know it's bad when you are compared to fucking Arsenal. Conman needs to get sacked ASAP if we want to win at least CDR this season and finish 3rd in La Liga.

delancey

The 3-5-2 is bad and I've been saying it since we played Salzburg and I do agree with you there. We don't have ANY of the profiles necessary to play a defensive 3-5-2, all our players are slow possession-based players and not used to having to defend and counter so obviously it was never going to go right. We sold off some guys who could be useful in such a system also. So yes we could have done a little better with a better tactic,

But again, look at the squad we played. We have 2 world-class players there, 3 if you REALLY want to push it, whereas Bayern have positional leaders at every spot in their team. We can't compete with them on a quality level
I personally choose to believe in the power of having a strong mental game, something that the manager is in charge of instilling onto his players. A winning attitude of always putting up a fight. Look at Young Boys yesterday who beat Man U 2-1. Also, it?s not as if Barcelona doesn?t have top talent. Coutinho, Depay, De Jong, Pedri, Alba are all good enough to put up a fight with proper tactics, which leads me to my next point.

We should have played a 4-3-3 formation imo, with Coutinho, Depay and Demir/Roberto up top. Instead we failed to record even 1 shot on goal, for we were too busy defending for 90 minutes in a 3-5-2 formation. Tactics and mental game going into this game were totally off. That?s on Koeman.

Devils

People on other forums are already calling Barcelona "the Arsenal of La Liga". Yes, you know it's bad when you are compared to fucking Arsenal. Conman needs to get sacked ASAP if we want to win at least CDR this season and finish 3rd in La Liga.

this is fair given that Koeman is the Dutch Arteta.

Raketa10

People who think we can't compete with this players should take a look at Club Brugge. This is how you fight for your club!

serghei

People who think we can't compete with this players should take a look at Club Brugge. This is how you fight for your club!

Brugges plays like a weaker side knowing they are a weaker side, and working harder and putting more passion as a result. We are a weaker side filled with washed-up unfit players who think they are still top. And the guy in charge has the arrogance of Guardiola or peak Mourinho even though he is a mediocre manager. Recipe for crapness.

JamDav1982

Atletico had the far better hand, and we still got very good deal for ourselves. Nothing to regret there. Personally I don't mind Luuk as an impact sub, but starting him vs Bayern was damn retarded. That's on Koeman.

Having both, Braithwaite and Luuk, is pretty shameful. But the Braithwaite deal has been far worse.

Dont agree.

Barca waited and gave the deal Atletico wanted at too late a date and left with signing shite like LDJ.

No plan from Barca whatsoever and no 'genius' move to sell Griezmann on offer Atletico were willing to make.

Braithwaite is shite as well. Not relevant.

Home of Barca Fans