Ronald Koeman

mc_lovin

Dont agree.

Barca waited and gave the deal Atletico wanted at too late a date and left with signing shite like LDJ.

No plan from Barca whatsoever and no 'genius' move to sell Griezmann on offer Atletico were willing to make.

Braithwaite is shite as well. Not relevant.

The problem was that Atletico had zero pressure. They get Griezmann? Well, nice. They don't get Griezmann? Whatever.

JamDav1982

The problem was that Atletico had zero pressure. They get Griezmann? Well, nice. They don't get Griezmann? Whatever.

Exactly.... that is the point but Atletico know what they wanted and would have like Barca rather it happened earlier but they stuck to guns and got it in end.

Nothing genius at all and showed fuck all planning or idea.

Barca had some idea of Felix if they held off which never happened.

Left with no plan and scrambling for shite players at last minute that other clubs dont want.

mc_lovin

Exactly.... that is the point but Atletico know what they wanted and would have like Barca rather it happened earlier but they stuck to guns and got it in end.

Nothing genius at all and showed fuck all planning or idea.

Barca had some idea of Felix if they held off which never happened.

Left with no plan and scrambling for shite players at last minute that other clubs dont want.

I don't think we would have gotten the same deal a month before deadline for example. Rumours back then were they wanted us to pay part of his salary on a pure loan deal :lol: It was in their interest to make it close. And to Alemany's credit we didn't flinch.

50ME for him is fantastic. No other way around it. Without financial power we couldn't have negotiated for other players simultaneously either.

JamDav1982

I don't think we would have gotten the same deal a month before deadline for example. Rumours back then were they wanted us to pay part of his salary on a pure loan deal :lol: It was in their interest to make it close. And to Alemany's credit we didn't flinch.

50ME for him is fantastic. No other way around it.

Took what Atletico offered and correct to take it.

Dont agree Atletico reject same deal earlier when they want Griezmann. They rejected the offers Barca wanted.

Nothing genius just correct to sell him.

FinBarcelonafan

Club Brugge just achieved a 1-1 result against Neymar, Mbappe, and Messi! No excuses for Koeman.

and their attitude going to the game was "No matter if we lose 4-0, we will have a good game or experience".

Barca is playing scared vs Bayern not to get humiliated. I doubt we are bigger underdog vs Bayern than Brugge was vs PSG.

The mentality of the club is becoming shocking.

Not that I blame Koeman for this.. In a sense, we needed one game without proper trashing. 3-0 ain't that bad.

Birdy

You seem to be deeming stats misleading based on what your "critical mind" wants to believe at the moment.
You are not explaining coherently why xGchain would be useless here.

You should point out sequences from the game where he could've played more constructively. Just by glancing on the passmap you can see that he didn't have many forward options.

NO, I seem to deem stats misleading when people like you and others throw them in order to make an impression
without explaining what the stat says
or even without understanding themselves what the stat is

So, some introduction to xstats for beginners:

Calculation of xGchain from Statsbomb:
-Find all the possessions each player is involved in.
-Find all the shots within those possessions.
-Sum their xG (you might take the highest xG per possession, or you might treat the shots as dependent events, whatever floats your boat).
-Assign that sum to each player, however involved they were.

What this means?
In a decent game, where a team produced some chances, you can say that the best chances came from plays where X player was involved the most.
It's one of the less meaningful stats, that has to be used with parsimony. Why?
CBs many times come up top in xGchain. Simply because they happened to have the greatest sum in the calculation above.
Does this mean that their involvement is crucial in the buildup to a good chance? Not necessarily, especially for CBs that just start buildups (highlighted part above should be enough)

Now, why YOU throwing that stat to defend Roberto is ridiculous?
Because Barca recorded ONLY fuck'n 0.2 xG in 90 minutes last night.
To make it even more clear to you, Barca had 5 attempts of close to 0 xG value
Just to calculate the xGchain would mean making a weighted comparison between those 5 attempts.
If Roberto touched the ball in the buildup of 2 of those, he has probably topped the xGchain.
Does this mean he contributed anything?
NO

Now you are educated,
you can go back to your ideological agenda using less ridiculous points next time...

Last edited:

Barcilliant

For the love of God please hire a world class manager. I don't want another Barca DNA manager like Cruyff or Xavi. I just want someone who knows what he's doing.
We just never seem to learn. It's baffling. If you have great players they can cover some flaws but eventually they also get found out if the manager doesn't know what he's doing.
We don't have any great players now so we need a great manager who will get the best out of the current squad.

serghei

For the love of God please hire a world class manager. I don't want another Barca DNA manager like Cruyff or Xavi. I just want someone who knows what he's doing.
We just never seem to learn. It's baffling. If you have great players they can cover some flaws but eventually they also get found out if the manager doesn't know what he's doing.
We don't have any great players now so we need a great manager who will get the best out of the current squad.

Easier said than done.

jairzinho

Not gonna happen. Laporta is obsessed with anything about Cruyff, Barca DNA, Tiki Taka etc.

jairzinho

Reaction from the Bayern game is a bit bizarre and over the top tbh. I think alot of people are in denial about where we are at the moment. So the defeat came as a shock. The club is in transition and we are in debt. We are levels below a team like Bayern at the moment and we currently do not have the personnel to compete with a team like that. Worse a lot of our attackers are out injured. We just need to be patient and work with what we have for now.

Total-Football

Reaction from the Bayern game is a bit bizarre and over the top tbh. I think alot of people are in denial about where we are at the moment. So the defeat came as a shock. The club is in transition and we are in debt. We are levels below a team like Bayern at the moment and we currently do not have the personnel to compete with a team like that. Worse a lot of our attackers are out injured. We just need to be patient and work with what we have for now.

Thing is I doubt fans complain about competing with bayern or Loosing.. It's the fact that we weren't even in the match.. 0 shot on target and shit like that.

Home of Barca Fans