Ronald Koeman

serghei

Nah, if he gets sacked by the new board I'm sure he can go back. I said two weeks ago that I feel bad for him and the situation he's in. Look at what transpired today. Koeman had no idea what he was getting himself into. Valmierda and Setien are sitting at home with popcorn in their hands laughing at this.

Yea, massive weakness of the club on an institutional level if they let Messi dictate who should manage the team. This is not even the board anymore, it's the barcelonismo here. The whole culture inside the club. It reeks of weakness of character.

Richard.H

Im done supporting this club for a while if he gets sacked over this

I'm honestly almost at the same point. I've been enjoying watching more La Liga last year when we were horrible under EV and Setien. Other teams play with a lot more heart than us. Sevilla, Real Betis, and Valencia all had entertaining matches.

I will still be a barca fan, but i want to take a break to calm my nerves from all this shit that's happening. Wait until we have a brand new squad and all current squad members that are 28 or older are gone.

FinBarcelonafan

I'm honestly almost at the same point. I've been enjoying watching more La Liga last year when we were horrible under EV and Setien. Other teams play with a lot more heart than us. Sevilla, Real Betis, and Valencia all had entertaining matches.

I will still be a barca fan, but i want to take a break to calm my nerves from all this shit that's happening. Wait until we have a brand new squad and all current squad members that are 28 or older are gone.

True. It's been tough to watch this team the past two years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I didn't want Koeman to be our next manager and I am not up to date with regard to what happened recently. Can someone tell me why Koeman is risking being fired? What happened?

Richard.H

I didn't want Koeman to be our next manager and I am not up to date with regard to what happened recently. Can someone tell me why Koeman is risking being fired? What happened?

- 2 minute phone call with Suarez (and I believe Vidal too) telling them they need to leave and are not in his plans. If they refuse, their contracts will be terminated.
- Meeting he had with Messi did not go well, most people are assuming it's because he told him the truth (about this squad and how we're past it)
- Has said both Griezmann and Coutinho are in his plans. Keep in mind they are not part of amigos squad and I would even argue are not in best of terms with amigos
- Has said other players like Raki and Umtiti are free to leave too

If new president comes in, then he is most likely fired. You don't mess with the messi mafia and come out alive.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

It's pure speculation but if Messi forces Bartomeu to resign and a new / temporary board is established, there's a good chance they will try to keep Messi as happy as possible. According to earlier reports, Messi didn't like what Koeman told him. Suarez may stay. It depends on what Messi wants exactly.

Home of Barca Fans