Real Madrid vs Manchester United

• Real Madrid

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loozy

Real will win as they are really strong at home. All internal troubles aside, those seem to fly straight out the window when they play at the Bernabeu. I'd honestly be really surprised if they lost or drew against United.

That being said: I am quite neutral towards this game, though I wouldn't mind Xabi breaking a few legs :D

XaviMessiGirl

Wasn't necessarily to him, someone called me a glory supporter yesterday:-

Didn't really think much about it, but someone mentioned 'glory supporter' and 'United' together again, so thought it would be a good time to reply and lay down a few home truths in what goes off on here and WHY people are here.

tbf that's quite an arrogant thing to say especially on another club's forum, like someone said earlier United might have a great QUANTITY of fans (which a lot of is due to marketing, though the same can be said of Barca's marketing strategies), and they are most successful in the PL, saying they're the biggest club/have the best fans in the world is not a factual statement. It only reinforces the stereotype of English fans.

S

Smile

I think the scoreline tonight will be 3-2 win for Man U.

Real have too many internal problems at the moment which will be their undoing.

I just think for United tonight it's about scoring, SAF even said the acid test is tonight, it's just about still being in the tie and getting something out of it.

If United score twice and draw or even lose 3-2 that will still be a good result, if United draw though or win tie i believe it is as good as over, United won't lose at Old Trafford, i'm more confident in saying that than saying Madrid won't lose at the Benabeu, City (who are shite in Europe) was 2-1 up against them in Madrid's own backyard on 85mins, if positions were reversed United would have seen that game out.

S

Smile

tbf that's quite an arrogant thing to say especially on another club's forum, like someone said earlier United might have a great QUANTITY of fans (which a lot of is due to marketing, though the same can be said of Barca's marketing strategies), and they are most successful in the PL, saying they're the biggest club/have the best fans in the world is not a factual statement. It only reinforces the stereotype of English fans.

It's not quite arrogant at all, nothing I've said isn't the truth and everyone knows it deep down and I'm not the only one who said it in this thread either.

As for the other point. United are the biggest club in the world, if an English person says the truth they are arrogant? Pull the other one, there is a difference between arrogance, making bold statements up with this arrogance and the actual truth, maybe that's something you need to learn.

XaviMessiGirl

It's not quite arrogant at all, nothing I've said isn't the truth and everyone knows it deep down and I'm not the only one who said it in this thread either.

As for the other point. United are the biggest club in the world, if an English person says the truth they are arrogant? Pull the other one, there is a difference between arrogance, making bold statements up with this arrogance and the actual truth, maybe that's something you need to learn.

:lol: If you seriously think that United are, historically, the biggest club IN THE WORLD, then I don't know what to say. Your definition of "biggest" must be different from mine. I won't even use Barca as an example, even though I could - Madrid and Milan both say hello.

I never said all English people are arrogant or wrong, I don't think that at all. But you can't deny there's a stereotype, and comments like that do enforce it.

S

Smile

:lol: If you seriously think that United are, historically, the biggest club IN THE WORLD, then I don't know what to say. Your definition of "biggest" must be different from mine. I won't even use Barca as an example, even though I could - Madrid and Milan both say hello.

I never said all English people are arrogant or wrong, I don't think that at all. But you can't deny there's a stereotype, and comments like that do enforce it.

United aren't the biggest in every department but they are biggest in most, so when you do the calculations and taking everything into account, United are the biggest club in the world, as said only Madrid can challenge them on this and tonight is the 2 biggest teams playing each other.

Don't even go there with Barcelona, yes maybe they are the best team in the world at present, but they aren't the biggest team in the world, nowhere near infact, they've always played 2nd fiddle to Madrid and 70% of Barcelona's history (that people will remember anyway) have been in this glory era they are in now.

As for this sterotype of an English person you are talking about, i'm not even going to go there because i don't have a clue what you are talking about. But by the sounds if an English person believes England may win the World Cup (just like other big country's think they might), people outside England don't like and English people are deluded or arrogant. If an English person wants or thinks there team might win and gives reasons for thinking this = arrogant. If an English person believes the PL is the best league in the world, which many believe it is = arrogant. If an English person believes so and so English player is a great player and one of the best in the world = arrogant, it's funny stuff really :lol:

See what i said to you before, to me the agenda and PROBLEM seems to be against English people, so don't even go there with this 'stereotyping' and 'arrogance' because it's just a load of shite and shite anti-PL and English folk make up as a reason for hating the English when the real problem is them.

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Manchester United have far less international titles than AC Milan, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Juventus and Barcelona, how do you come to the conclusion that they 'are the biggest club in the world' am i missing something? certainly not the most successful.. in terms of international trophies won AC Milan are the most successful in Europe.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
People talking about English press early on:-

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...l-news/marca-label-rooney-demon-ahead-1313050

Jesus Christ :lol: now that is bonkers journalism! Funny, but bonkers :lol: That is just how it is in Spain though, if United play Madrid off the pitch the likes of Marca will never admit how the game went and tell it how it was, unlike English press if United lose, that's the difference. So yeah i really don't understand why people have agendas with English press on here.

Wait, Marca (admittedly a poor newspaper) makes a profile on one of the Man U players and you consider that poor journalism? Demonio in Spanish isn't exactly the same thing as "demon" in English... it can also mean someone who plays as if he's possessed. The same goes for hooligan. They're referring to his hooligan-like looks, his relatively poor fitness and his temper. They're not saying he stabs people on the terraces.

How does this justify the British tabloids tapping up phones of dead girls and celebrities, and making up quotes and even whole stories?

XaviMessiGirl

United aren't the biggest in every department but they are biggest in most, so when you do the calculations and taking everything into account, United are the biggest club in the world, as said only Madrid can challenge them on this and tonight is the 2 biggest teams playing each other.

Don't even go there with Barcelona, yes maybe they are the best team in the world at present, but they aren't the biggest team in the world, nowhere near infact, they've always played 2nd fiddle to Madrid and 70% of Barcelona's history (that people will remember anyway) have been in this glory era they are in now.

As for this sterotype of an English person you are talking about, i'm not even going to go there because i don't have a clue what you are talking about. But by the sounds if an English person believes England may win the World Cup (just like other big country's think they might), people outside England don't like and English people are deluded or arrogant. If an English person wants or thinks there team might win and gives reasons for thinking this = arrogant. If an English person believes the PL is the best league in the world, which many believe it is = arrogant. If an English person believes so and so English player is a great player and one of the best in the world = arrogant, it's funny stuff really :lol:

See what i said to you before, to me the agenda and PROBLEM seems to be against English people, so don't even go there with this 'stereotyping' and 'arrogance' because it's just a load of shite and shite anti-PL and English folk make up as a reason for hating the English when the real problem is them.

You're completely missing the point, I give up.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Madrid is probably the biggest club in the world, although Man U and Barca are on the same level or higher right now. Bayern München and Milan should also be mentioned.

How come when we play Real in 09 most of you wanted Madrid win
People seriously wanted that? :facepalm:

Fishdoll

Bakalao
I think this 'biggest' and 'best' club discussion is far too subjective to come up with any sort of comprehensive agreement.

Smile seems to consider # of fans, $ of revenue an indicator of 'big' and 'best'.
Madrid fans may point to domestic and CL titles.
Milan fans may point to CL titles and # of Ballon d'Or winners.

So really, it's rather pointless for everyone to think that they and only they are right in this because there are a whole lot of different measures of what constitutes 'best'.

S

Smile

How does this justify the British tabloids tapping up phones of dead girls and celebrities, and making up quotes and even whole stories?

Well other countries show dead body's on front pages of peoples brains blown out (man/woman or child), what's your point?

We are talking sport here and fact is the British media is one of the most neutral out there when it comes to reporting sport from a previous game ie. one of our teams vs another country's, there's no bias OR if there is, it's not OTT how it is in other countrys.

I don't care about anything else, every country's press make shite up, it's what tabloids do and it's the only way tabloids can stay in business since the emergence of the internet. The tapping up you are talking about, the people response have been punished or are being punished and that Newspaper (which was a shitty Sunday newspaper) no longer exists because of that.

Last edited:

barca7788

Nepali Cule
united fans would never in a million years support liverpool or city against a foreign team, i am really shocked to see barca fans supporting madrid in this tie, if you ask me any barca fan that supports madrid in a champions league tie is not a true barca fan, just alot of closet premier league supporters in here who are jealous at united's success..........
THIS THIS N THIS. How can a barca fan support madrid, i just cant get it.

XaviMessiGirl

I think this 'biggest' and 'best' club discussion is far too subjective to come up with any sort of comprehensive agreement.

Smile seems to consider # of fans, $ of revenue an indicator of 'big' and 'best'.
Madrid fans may point to domestic and CL titles.
Milan fans may point to CL titles and # of Ballon d'Or winners.

So really, it's rather pointless for everyone to think that they and only they are right in this because there are a whole lot of different measures of what constitutes 'best'.

Pretty much this, but at least Madrid's and Milan's fans have a better argument.

frostdude1

This is sacrilege, but part of me wants Madrid to beat United in this tie. The reason is, I am so sick of hearing the English media and their fans saying they have the best league in the world and that La Liga is shit. Of course, what makes this hard is Mourinho and CR7 and make no mistake that I want Madrid immediately trashed in the next round ... but I would not mind them beating United.

Does anyone else agree?

Home of Barca Fans