Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
cheap players are hardly annoying for Madridistas .. Emerson became one cause Capello played him nothing more

Not really. It all comes down to his performance on the pitch: Will he be a Cannavaro or a Larsson, Emerson or an edgar davids (In terms of last bit of juice transfers). Madrid will love him if he turns out to be a great addition and earns a starting spot, madrid will hate him if he turns out to be an expensive (what does his wage look like, anyways?) flop.

There's no way Carvalho will be a flop , he might not be amazing at Real but he wont flop , he's still one of the best about.

gvt2000

First Jose never said that , he will give a canteranos a shot considering our average is ridiculously low if anything we do need some experience
+ We don't have a single good CB in the cantera.. so don't jerk off just yet ;)
it's one of the positions we failed to introduce a single quality player since 1980 (Manolo Sanchiz ) .. on the contrary to your youth team who always produced quality CB

And if we are talking about what Jose did said he actually said he loves players with experience who can give 2 years of their best that's why we were linked with Gerrard and co

Pepe out for 3 weeks and just in case you didn't notice Maicon deal was broken and u cannot enter the season with 3 CB
2 players for each position .. it's not a rocket science

Indeed

Carvalho is a very experienced CB and considering our current average age must be the lowest from all the big boys and the oldest in the team is Iker who is 28/29.. some experience is needed
and for 8 Mil it's quite good signing .. 2 years max out of him is fine by me for this price

The canterano comment was before the Carvalho deal, its directed at the fact that you guys have all 25 spots taken with the only canterano getting a "shot" being Adan. As for 2 players for each position, you have more than enough capable players in each position:

RB:
Ramos
Arbeloa
Lass

CB
Garay
Albiol
Pepe
Ramos

LB:
Arbeloa
Marcelo
Drenthe

you guys have a total of 8 players capable of playing the 4 spots in defense, with the obvious LB weakness. I have a hard time grasping the fact that Mourinho hasn't made reinforcing your LB a priority

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
3-5-2? makes alot of sense
casillas
ramos-pepe-carvalho?
leon khedira alonso lass di maria
ronaldo higgy
also I like the fact that he bought fernando hierro 2.0 in terms of goalscoring (no CB can ever be close to hierro in terms of goalscoring but carvalho scored a couple of screamers. he likes going forward and is excellent at tackling.

gvt2000

There's no way Carvalho will be a flop , he might not be amazing at Real but he wont flop , he's still one of the best about.

He's not exactly young and he's never played in La liga. Can he adapt to la liga at his age? only time will tell. He's a quality player, no doubt, but don't rule anything out just yet.

casillas
ramos-pepe-carvalho?
ronaldo higgy
also I like the fact that he bought fernando hierro 2.0 in terms of goalscoring (no CB can ever be close to hierro in terms of goalscoring but carvalho scored a couple of screamers. he likes going forward and is excellent at tackling.

Doubt Real will play with 3 defenders

---Ramos---Pepe--Albiol/Carval--Arbeloa---
------------------khedeira/lass----------------
--------------Alonso----Canales-------------
--P.Leon----------------------------CR7-----
------------------Higuain--------------------

or

---Ramos---Pepe--Albiol/Carval--Arbeloa---
--------------------------------------------------
----Leon----Alonso----Khedeira---Di Maria----
-------------------------------------------------
------------------Higuain----Cr7----------------

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
The canterano comment was before the Carvalho deal, its directed at the fact that you guys have all 25 spots taken with the only canterano getting a "shot" being Adan. As for 2 players for each position, you have more than enough capable players in each position:

RB:
Ramos
Arbeloa
Lass

CB
Garay
Albiol
Pepe
Ramos

LB:
Arbeloa
Marcelo
Drenthe

you guys have a total of 8 players capable of playing the 4 spots in defense, with the obvious LB weakness. I have a hard time grasping the fact that Mourinho hasn't made reinforcing your LB a priority
Lass is a make shift RB did u include him to make sense on your first post ?
.. does that mean u count Keita as a LB simply cause he can stand in crisis ?
it's called versatility .. don't work in football if you plan on building teams with such logic
2 players for each position is the proper way of building a team , having a versatile player is a plus cause you can have up to 3-4 player missing in games for various reason
.. Caravalho take the total defenders to 7 providing Drenthe could leave.. so we are still short on a defender a lb to be precise
i'd love how Granero was simply overlooked in your cantera count .. it's about the quality of the current squad not to show off " oh look i played a cantera but hey i lost the game "

come on ...

casillas
ramos-pepe-carvalho?
ronaldo higgy
3-4-3 when the team is down according to Jose which will probably look similar to what u posted @ the back but with a forward not a midfield as a change .but Jose will never start a game with 3 defenders
and again shut up Boludo :)lol: ) Ricardo has nothing on Hierro..
nothing
nothing

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
3-4-3 when the team is down according to Jose which will probably look similar to what u posted @ the back but with a forward not a midfield as a change .but Jose will never start a game with 3 defenders
nothing
nothing
well of course. he's one of the biggest in your history. would be like comparing muniesa to puyol. similar in terms of looks (not the same in rickys case but goalscoring wise maybe a lil' bit).

and fuck you on the bold part :p it's balouda from now on!

Beast

The Observer
formation will be

Ramos--------Pepe/Garay------Carvalho-------Marcelo
---------------Sami----------------Xabi----------------
Pedro------------------Canales/VDV-------------CR--
------------------------------Higuain ----------------------
Pedro will start over Di Maria till the later adapt

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
so he will change di marias style of play? he never played RM before. always LM. not robben type of winger..

although mourinho has worked miracles before (thiago motta)

gvt2000

it's called versatility .. don't work in football if you plan on building teams with such logic
2 players for each position is the proper way of building a team , having a versatile player is a plus cause you can have up to 3-4 player missing in games for various reason
.. Caravalho take the total defenders to 7 providing Drenthe could leave.. so we are still short on a defender a lb to be precise
i'd love how Granero was simply overlooked in your cantera count .. it's about the quality of the current squad not to show off " oh look i played a cantera but hey i lost the game "

come on ...

I was talking about new canteranos, not current ones, hence not counting granero, arbeloa, and Casillas. I counted adan cause he's not exactly a first team regular . Lass has actually played as a RB a lot more often than Keita LB. He wouldn't be first option, but he can still play and HAS played in the position on more than just a few occasions.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Lucio was rubbish in Bayern when he moved to Inter where he looked great again so who knows. Carvalho might be a hit.
Thing that bugs me is that Chelsea gets 8 million for him while we release Rafa who is younger than Carvalho for nothing. Like noone would pay couple of million for a defender of Rafa´s quality.

Trequartista

The good

come on ...

nothing
nothing
Mourinho will never play with 3-5-2,he evn criticised the formation oneday and criticised the Egyptian national team for playing with this useless formation,its either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1
..............................Casillas.........................
Ramos.............Carvalho.......Pepe............??????
.....................Alonso...........Khedira.................
..............................Kaka/VDV/Canales..............
...........CR...............................................Di Maria
.................................Higuain...........................
A better team than you may expect but the LB gap still needs someone,Fabio Coentrao?

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Well, Lucio was rubbish in Bayern when he moved to Inter where he looked great again so who knows. Carvalho might be a hit.
Thing that bugs me is that Chelsea gets 8 million for him while we release Rafa who is younger than Carvalho for nothing. Like noone would pay couple of million for a defender of Rafa´s quality.
Difference is that Carvalho did jack shit for Chelsea but Marquez "brought" us 1 double and 1 treble..

Beast

The Observer
I was talking about new canteranos, not current ones, hence not counting granero, arbeloa, and Casillas. I counted adan cause he's not exactly a first team regular . Lass has actually played as a RB a lot more often than Keita LB. He wouldn't be first option, but he can still play and HAS played in the position on more than just a few occasions.
Apologize that i understood your post wrong as it wasn't clear .
Adan was there last season .. playing lass as a RB is like playing Toure as a CB or Abidal.. u do that in crisis but never first choice and not counted towards the defenders .

Difference is that Carvalho did jack shit for Chelsea but Marquez "brought" us 1 double and 1 treble..
Carvalho was one the best CB in the EPl in the last few years and helped them win 3 League titles .. and did win 1 double with Porto ;)

Mourinho will never play with 3-5-2,he evn criticised the formation oneday and criticised the Egyptian national team for playing with this useless formation,its either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1
..............................Casillas.........................
Ramos.............Carvalho.......Pepe............??????
.....................Alonso...........Khedira.................
..............................Kaka/VDV/Canales..............
...........CR...............................................Di Maria
.................................Higuain...........................
A better team than you may expect but the LB gap still needs someone,Fabio Coentrao?

Spot on .. he only play with 3 defenders if his team is down and want to score ..
Coentaro problem is Benfica.. they rate their players highly , Luiz is a safe option as a LB especially that Coen, plays a lot like Marcelo..
however Jose has been smart this season.. first he criticized Di Maria as not ready for la liga and that level than he signed him.. a week ago said Caravalho is too old for Real than signed him.. he also ruled out Coentaro as similar a lot to Marcelo .. will we sign him too ? i don't know
but from the available LB (after ruling out A Cole ) it's him although i would buy Cissokho in a heart beat

So many similarities between Lucio and Ricardo case .. as for Rafa i always loved El Mariachi if he was on the market and it's my decision i would take him .

Trequartista

The good
1- Yeah Carvalho is among the best,he showed that he is still a superb defender at the WC
2-Playing Coentrao and Ramos wogether will be suicidal,Cissokho would be a superb addition but you know Lyon,they wont sell for less than 30m

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans