Raphael Varane

hellsangel1

Thanks Zidane for such a great talent and gift...

Last night would have made Maldini proud... had Messi in his pocket all night.. sadly he was partnered by two idiots (Arbeloa on the left = crap & Ricardo who was our weakest link )

Pepe moves to the DM position and Ramos-Varane in the centre , Arbeloa RB and Marcelo LB

The idea that Varane had Messi in his pocket is pure delusion but I guess Madrid fans are desperate for positive stories this season, there was an entire wall of Madrid players that did the job to stop Messi, not one player.

Sergio

Sergison
Last night would have made Maldini proud... had Messi in his pocket all night.. sadly he was partnered by two idiots (Arbeloa on the left = crap & Ricardo who was our weakest link )
Yes, a 20 year career at the highest level and winning everything there is, is really comparable to playing well in Madrid's desperation tactics in 1 copa game. Just like Maldini indeed.

hellsangel1

Yes, a 20 year career at the highest level and winning everything there is, is really comparable to playing well in Madrid's desperation tactics in 1 copa game. Just like Maldini indeed.

Like I said before, these guys are desperate for a positive story after that entire 'Barca's era is over' thing didn't work out.

Arachnid

He didn't have "Messi in his pocket", but certainly had Iniesta on a very short leash. The kid is really good, which goes to show that signing quality CB's is not as difficult as Zubi seems to find it.

Wonder if Zidane would take the Sporting Director spot for us?

Beast

The Observer

Learn how to read first ;)

Where did i say he is better or has a similar Maldini career ? i said last night would have made Maldini proud... do you know what this phrase means ?

China fumes has affected your ability to comprehend

And yes he did have Messi in his pocket , Essien played on Iniesta most of the time
I'm sorry if your full squad couldn't do much against a makeshift defence lead by a 19 year old and keeper who was benched for most of the season and joined 4 days ago :)

Or should we go to the pre-game comments ? oh wait... that would be comedy gold ;)

Sergio

Sergison
I don't think you are in any position to question others comprehension when you think playing well in 1 game of Madrid's parked bus of desperation, justifies Maldini comparisons.

Egypt riots must have effected your ability to comprehend.

Beast

The Observer
I guess you forgot football if you think last night Real played was a parked bus we are not "Milan " ;)... too many steroids Serg ?

ivan22

it was a clasico, why shouldn't messi give a shit?

Varane's performance yesterday was worldclass, so all the hype he gets is deserved. Only time will tell if he's going to be and stay a worldclass player. smh if you can't acknowledge his outstanding performance. Imagine if it would've been Bartra. This forum would go nuts and the CB-discussion would be over.

Last edited:

Yugi

well Messi clearly wasnt at his best yesterday...Pique was better in this match than Varane but you know Varane is 19 y.o. so he is being talked about

Maria

Varane is a world class talent and this wasn't his first impressive performance(the game against City comes to mind), but he deserves to be praised. He had a better performance against us than any of the those hyped as PL's best CB's had against RM or Barca(Vidic and Kompany come to my mind). What I can't understand though is how it is possible to fault Barca for scoring only one goal and then compare Varane with Maldini.
And if we're taking into account Rm's defense and say that it was a failure for Barca to score only one goal, then it wasn't less of a failure than that of Rm in Oct., when they were at 8pts and played a Barca without Pique, Puyol and Dani Alves and still couldn't win.

Home of Barca Fans