Raheem Sterling

ajnotkeith

Has already peaked. The fact that Pep does not rate him enough tells you everything

Pep doesn't rate him? He's literally been an undisputed starter since he came to City. Where did we get this new found pickiness from? Since we went into 1 billion debt?

He is a great footballer and has started for City and England for many years now. Now that he's struggling a bit for playing time this is the perfect opportunity to snap him up.

Good luck attracting any better player than Sterling in our crisis right now /. Last time I remembered we have also been playing Gavi and Dest there in recent games, so a position of need as well. Or maybe you think those are better.

Sterling has been undisputed starter for nearly 6 seasons in a ultra competitive City that has walked the hardest league in the world for several reasons now. Over here he will compete with 17 year old out of position Gavi, fullback Dear, and leaving in the summer Dembele who is fit once in a blue moon. Not good enough for Barca tho whatever that means

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pep doesn't rate him? He's literally been an undisputed starter since he came to City. Where did we get this new found pickiness from? Since we went into 1 billion debt?

He is a great footballer and has started for City and England for many years now. Now that he's struggling a bit for playing time this is the perfect opportunity to snap him up.

Good luck attracting any better player than Sterling in our crisis right now /. Last time I remembered we have also been playing Gavi and Dest there in recent games, so a position of need as well. Or maybe you think those are better.

Troll. I can see you aren't paying attention - 13th in squad in terms of minutes

ajnotkeith

Troll. I can see you aren't paying attention - 13th in squad in terms of minutes

"He is a great footballer and has started for City and England for many years now. Now that he's struggling a bit for playing time this is the perfect opportunity to snap him up."

ajnotkeith

'Since Pep Guardiola's arrival at City in 2016, Raheem Sterling has made 307 appearances, scoring 116 goals and registering 89 assists, as the England international established himself as one of the Premier League's best players.'

Now that he found himself on the bench for one season in probably the most competitive side in the world it means he's not good enough for us really after the six seasons starting at City. May I add he is benched because Pep wants to move to central system.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Less than a month ago, after Sterling had spoken publicly about being "open to going somewhere else for more game time," Guardiola was clearly unimpressed by the 26-year-old's comments -- "I didn't know it and I think the club neither" -- and suggested he could leave if he so wished.

"I don't know if he wants to play more game time like Riyad [Mahrez], who doesn't play and he doesn't complain, like Joao [Cancelo] doesn't play and he doesn't complain," Guardiola said. "What I want from Raheem and everyone is they have to be satisfied to be here and delighted to be in this club. If that's not the case they are free to take the best decision for the player and his family."

Sources told ESPN that Grealish, Bernardo Silva, Phil Foden and Riyad Mahrez are all regarded as being more comfortable on the ball by Guardiola and his coaches, while also being more able to replicate the quick, short-passing game that worked so successfully for the manager at Barcelona.

Likely his poor effort/pressing also explains why he is 13th in minutes this season, not even cracking into the XI

M3ls

FCBarca

Lie. Sterling was good enough at pressing and off the ball.

The problem is that Guardiola's football is becoming more and more progmatic.

He divested of wingers in order to minimize the number of ball losses. Due to this, he wants to protect himself from the opponent's counterattacks.
Wingers love to dribble, and this dribbling does not always end well, which can lead to a counterattack by the opponent.

To be honest, I don't like the current City without wingers.

mc_lovin

To be honest, I don't like the current City without wingers.

+1.

To Sterling: he definitely makes sense for us (even though I am not a big fan), which is progress, but I just can't see how. City would have to be really accommodating to us.

Messi983

If we can get Sterling on loan with a non-obligatory buy option is a no brainer imo. We won't find a better player in January.

ajnotkeith

'No end product' Sterling has over 200 goals and assists in 300 appearances under Pep's City but because he started 1 season on the bench he's not good enough for the current Barca

ajnotkeith

And Sterling is not a past prime old man either. He's in his prime years and lightning fast. Literally everything about the signing makes sense. We would be total fools to turn it down, if there is an opportunity (I doubt).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
FCBarca

Lie. Sterling was good enough at pressing and off the ball.

I guess that's why he plays so much eh? Ah right, he doesn't - only one liar here, only dealing in facts

The problem is that Guardiola's football is becoming more and more progmatic.

He divested of wingers in order to minimize the number of ball losses. Due to this, he wants to protect himself from the opponent's counterattacks.
Wingers love to dribble, and this dribbling does not always end well, which can lead to a counterattack by the opponent.

Like Mahrez who plays more than Sterling?

ajnotkeith

I guess that's why he plays so much eh? Ah right, he doesn't - only one liar here, only dealing in facts

Like Mahrez who plays more than Sterling?

The facts are he has started for Pep's City, THE most competitive side in the world, for 6 seasons now and racked up 205 goals and assists in the process, a remarkable number especially in the Premier League, and this is his first season where he's been on the bench. Just because he's starting 1 season on the bench for present day Man City is no shame, particularly with a record like this. Most of our team would not make City's reserves let alone do what he has done with them.

Jenks

Would he frustrate you when he misses a chance he should bury? Yes, but the reality is that you will create more chances than you normally do purely off the back of his pressing and movement off the ball. Besides, at City he had a similar conversion rate to Aguero. It's just that there's a certain confirmation bias when the guy who's supposed to miss actually misses. When Mane misses a chance it's no big deal, but when Sterling misses a chance "ah, you see...".

Home of Barca Fans