Raheem Sterling

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The facts are he has started for Pep's City, THE most competitive side in the world, for 6 seasons now and racked up 205 goals and assists in the process, a remarkable number especially in the Premier League, and this is his first season where he's been on the bench. Just because he's starting 1 season on the bench for present day Man City is no shame, particularly with a record like this. Most of our team would not make City's reserves let alone do what he has done with them.

You're talking in the past or you talking recently? You want to change the discussion to fit your narrative then by all means, spin away

Currently, he's 13th in minutes - fact

ajnotkeith

You're talking in the past or you talking recently? You want to change the discussion to fit your narrative then by all means, spin away

Currently, he's 13th in minutes - fact

So you think he has regressed? Or that he's not as good as he used to be?

If you do think he has got worse or have any criticisms of his playing profile other than 'he got benched for a run of games after 6 seasons starting and playing great' then crack on. I'm pretty sure every player in the world has been benched for a run of games before, not least at City, where he also has a sparkling record.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I'm not a fan of Sterling as player (really dislike his diving antics among other things) , but he would be by far our best attacker if he joins.

KingLeo10

I'm not a fan of Sterling as player (really dislike his diving antics among other things) , but he would be by far our best attacker if he joins.

I agree with you on his quality compared to the rest. My thinking is that we should hold out for a genuine world beater though (or maybe have the scouting team actually earn their living and find the next Haaland or Mbappe. Tough odds I know). Sterling isn't the guy to bring us to CL contention (like say CL semis) for the 30-50 M we'd spend on him.

Rory

Issue we face is are we rebuilding to be straight back into ucl contention? Only way to do that is with money we don't have. Signings like Sterling push us far closer to the league title that we should firstly be aiming for. UCL contention with the correct signings, youth development and the right manager is 3-5 years away now. Signing a cut price Sterling isn't such a bad option, so long as he is max 40m.

I can't stand him as a player though and would struggle to watch him play with any level of excitement.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So you think he has regressed? Or that he's not as good as he used to be?

If you do think he has got worse or have any criticisms of his playing profile other than 'he got benched for a run of games after 6 seasons starting and playing great' then crack on. I'm pretty sure every player in the world has been benched for a run of games before, not least at City, where he also has a sparkling record.

A player under Pep playing less can only mean one thing, if you can't understand that nothing will help you

gregorrin10

Issue we face is are we rebuilding to be straight back into ucl contention? Only way to do that is with money we don't have. Signings like Sterling push us far closer to the league title that we should firstly be aiming for. UCL contention with the correct signings, youth development and the right manager is 3-5 years away now. Signing a cut price Sterling isn't such a bad option, so long as he is max 40m.

I can't stand him as a player though and would struggle to watch him play with any level of excitement.

Liked especially because of the last line, couldn't agree with it more.

serghei

I'd take him as a loan for 1 season + option to buy for a reasonable sum like 35-40m. City will hold on for something like 70-80m and then this deal gets instantly dead as he's in no way worth that much.

That City is a greatly oiled machine offensively, and if he has been underwhelming there, struggling to get into the team, I struggle to see how he'll play what we need him to play in a worse side.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Small question, but does UK players like him count as one of the 3 foreign players in Liga?

Not this season, but likely will be the case from next season.

Actually that seem to be for only players who joined a Spanish club prior to Brexit, like Bale. Sounds like he might count as a Non-EU player if he joins us.

Mateka

pls no. we dont need another pep reject like aguero (may he be well)

Aguero was not a Pep reject. Aguero had missed through injury, practically a whole season. Barca jumped in too soon to sign him on a free, without thinking ‘why are City not giving him the contract he wants?

Sterling has got squeezed out. Silva is playing better than KDB, and ran rings around Liverpool. Foden has stepped up. Jesus has a new position, wide on the right, and pushed out Mahrez, Grealish then arrives. Sterling got left behind.

Is he better than most attacking players for Barca today? Probably yes. Loan initially with option to buy.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans