Raheem Sterling

Bobo32

A truly shit player, and a very irritating one too!
He somehow is quite useful sometimes for Peps brilliantly structured team, but it would be a shambles to put him in a team lead by Koeman, and Xavi/ten Hag/Gallardo/Pimienta hopefully wouldn't consider him either. Please don't bring up a quote now!

Morten

He somehow is quite useful sometimes for Peps brilliantly structured team, but it would be a shambles to put him in a team lead by Koeman, and Xavi/ten Hag/Gallardo/Pimienta hopefully wouldn't consider him either. Please don't bring up a quote now!

Wait, you defend system-player Busquets, but goes after Sterling for only fitting in certain systems?

This has to be a joke.

Bobo32

Wait, you defend system-player Busquets, but goes after Sterling for only fitting in certain systems?

This has to be a joke.

It is also about what the system is.

Sterling is "fine" in a system where he can start from the flank and get a lot of balls from his dominating team, dribble, and maybe create some things sometimes, although failing almost as much as someone like Depay.
Busquets is the greatest ever holding midfielder, in the greatest team of all time, destroying football. He was probably THE most elegant and creative player in that team.

Rory

Well shall we see if Ronaldinho fancies playing for us again. He was the best player in the world at one point

Bobo32

Well shall we see if Ronaldinho fancies playing for us again. He was the best player in the world at one point

I am sure he would be able to bring A LOT right now still.

He cannot be worse than Depay and he cannot be worse than LongdeJong, and at the very least he would bring more convincing no-look-passes than Sergio 'Sergino' Dest.

Laplacian

It is also about what the system is.

Sterling is "fine" in a system where he can start from the flank and get a lot of balls from

Yes, wingers tend to do well when they play as wingers. Good job mate.

his dominating team, dribble, and maybe create some things sometimes, although failing almost as much as someone like Depay.

Yes, wingers tend to do even better when they get even more touches on the ball.

Like seriously, what a horrid post. Do you actually believe you're saying anything illuminating here? Just because a player does well in a dominating team does not make him a "system player." Seriously, what bollocks.

He's excelled in 3 different roles, on opposite sides of the pitch, since 17/18 now. If anything he's a versatile player...

mc_lovin

You are probably the user, who has the biggest problem with Dembele... and you advocate Sterling? He has the same issues (to a lower degree though).

But my biggest problem still remains City's demands. No way they will loan or sell him for a reasonable fee. Just no freaking way. And when is the salary cap updated anyway? I thought next season, which makes business in January impossible?

Bobo32

Yes, wingers tend to do well when they play as wingers. Good job mate.

Yes, wingers tend to do even better when they get even more touches on the ball.

Like seriously, what a horrid post. Do you actually believe you're saying anything illuminating here? Just because a player does well in a dominating team does not make him a "system player." Seriously, what bollocks.

He's excelled in 3 different roles, on opposite sides of the pitch, since 17/18 now. If anything he's a versatile player...

No it should be obvious that I don't enjoy watching these stupid, hit'n'miss players.
lol@being versatile because he can play on both wings!

What is it with you people, claiming my posts are horrid etc, and expecting me to think I write anything special, all the while posting so very simplemindedly yourself? I just post very simple opinions out of my preference of play, which stems mostly from watching the best versions of Barcelona play. I just don't enjoy this contrived and frankly stupid player, who is pretty fast and forceful though.
He would be no better than Depay in current Barcelona, and none of these two players are very good.

Zidane82

We seem to be on the same page as regards Sterling and Busqs !!

Sterling is the only player I have ever seen who occasionally scuffs his passes as well as his shots on goal !!

iniestaGOAT

Bunch of low IQ posters in here. Sterling at 19 was already a better player than Dembele is today.

Would be out best attacking player and I am all for improving the team.

SIGN HIM UP

Zidane82

Bunch of low IQ posters in here. Sterling at 19 was already a better player than Dembele is today.

Would be out best attacking player and I am all for improving the team.

SIGN HIM UP

Joker - Sterling does not even start at City these days plus he cannot trap a bag of cement. He makes Luke De Jong look like Zidane in comparison .

Nearly every one of his City goals was a tap in as they make so many chances . He scores the odd decent goal but even a broken clock comes good twice a day

Laplacian

You are probably the user, who has the biggest problem with Dembele... and you advocate Sterling? He has the same issues (to a lower degree though).

But my biggest problem still remains City's demands. No way they will loan or sell him for a reasonable fee. Just no freaking way. And when is the salary cap updated anyway? I thought next season, which makes business in January impossible?

Yes Sterling and Dembele are completely alike. Just like Sterling, Dembele has consistently scored more than 20 goals for several seasons whilst being a huge reason behind his teams league titles winning seasons.

Literally brain dead comparison, he is several levels above Dembele and if you think otherwise you don't know ball. Simple as.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans