Rafael Márquez

adil_909

pep is making a huge mistake by not doing anything about the DM position. honestly, busquets needs competition if he's going to improve, and he's not all that world class to begin with. plus if he gets injured/suspended...then what? i really REALLY hope we pick up a DM otherwise we're going to have major problems in games against the big teams.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
So we are shipping three of the four players out that could play defensive midfielder.

It's becoming a bit odd to say the least.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
makes sense from a CB perspective.

we're doubled up at FB which means CB's will only have to be CB's so having 3 top-class ones is enough given the talent we have coming through the ranks (fontas, bartra, muniesa) to fill that fourth spot.

where we are shallow is in midfield.

we have oriol who could be a backup DM, but someone more experienced could be good as busquets is still young himself. dunno who though.

we certainly need one top-class creative CM to backup xaviesta. should be cesc but we'll see.

iced1776

Considering his performances last year, and that fact that I'll be able to watch him live along with Henry, I can't say I'm disappointed in this transfer :D

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
pep is making a huge mistake by not doing anything about the DM position. honestly, busquets needs competition if he's going to improve, and he's not all that world class to begin with. plus if he gets injured/suspended...then what? i really REALLY hope we pick up a DM otherwise we're going to have major problems in games against the big teams.

I'd be interested to know what sources have informed you that Pep is "not doing anything about the DM position". Really, please tell us.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
MD claim it's "a matter of days", the names Kaburé (OM) and Capoué (Toulouse) are mentioned, but SPORT reckon we'll sign a player from another La Liga side. As usual neither of them knows what's going on!

adil_909

I'd be interested to know what sources have informed you that Pep is "not doing anything about the DM position". Really, please tell us.

my source is my common sense, considering we haven't been strongly linked with anyone and every time the words "barca" and "dm" are mentioned in the same sentence in the press, it involves a barca player who can play DM leaving the club. so until i see something in the press strongly linking us with someone, what else am i supposed to believe other than nothing is being done at this moment in time? i'm fairly confident something will be done before the window closes, but all one can do is come to conclusions based on the information that is afforded to him/her. and from what i can see right now, our midfield is getting weaker and squad getting considerably thinner and unbalanced.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
So basically you're jumping to conclusions based on nothing whatsoever aside from your own paranoia, the Catalan press has constantly featured articles about our intention to sign a DM asap. Chill out and wait and see what happens, we've only just started pre-season training so there's plenty of time yet for the squad to be shaped.

BADGERBHOY

Totally disagree with that.
I think he is a fantastic player.
Does all the donkey work with a minimum of fuss, absolutely world class

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
If Busquets plays like he did in the world cup, then he certainly is WC, was so impressed by him, (not that i wasnt before)

im sure we will bring in a Back up, also i hope Oriol is given a chance.

Home of Barca Fans