Rafael Márquez

samg85

I'm glad that Milito has regained his form, this pressures Marquez to step up his game. A fit Marquez helps distribute the ball through long crosses and effective passing. Just look at his passes last season http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu1VlROALUA . This is really important if we play an ultra defensive team in the Champions. A Pique and Marquez pairing would increase the offense. This is one of the reasons why Pep paired him with Pique in all the knockout stages of the Champions league last year(except for the second leg vs. Bayern because of suspension). He was missed against Chelsea in the second half and the second leg, especially since they were parking the bus.

Things need to change, because I fully support Marquez and even I get nervous when Marquez is on the pitch.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I'm glad that Milito has regained his form, this pressures Marquez to step up his game. A fit Marquez helps distribute the ball through long crosses and effective passing. Just look at his passes last season http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu1VlROALUA . This is really important if we play an ultra defensive team in the Champions. A Pique and Marquez pairing would increase the offense. This is one of the reasons why Pep paired him with Pique in all the knockout stages of the Champions league last year(except for the second leg vs. Bayern because of suspension). He was missed against Chelsea in the second half and the second leg, especially since they were parking the bus.

Things need to change, because I fully support Marquez and even I get nervous when Marquez is on the pitch.
Lol, look how open the midfield looked @ those times. Miss it =(

Bionicman

ESPN reports that Marquez will stop playing international games for Mexico after the World Cup and focus on his club performances.

Mexico defender Rafael Marquez has revealed his intention to retire from international football after the 2010 World Cup.

Marquez has played for his country for the last 13 years, earning 88 caps in the process, but now the 31-year-old Barcelona defender believes that it is time to end his international career in order to focus on his club form.

"Now is the time to move on and give a chance to the younger generation in my country," he said. "After this summer I will focus all of my attention on Barca.

"My dream is step aside having done really well in South Africa. This will be my third World Cup and that is a special achievement for any player."

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i went to this shop that sold like old clothes or something like that and no joke they had 15 fake Barça jerseys and every single one of them had 4 Marquez on the back... apparently he is quite popular here in the USA...

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
i went to this shop that sold like old clothes or something like that and no joke they had 15 fake Barça jerseys and every single one of them had 4 Marquez on the back... apparently he is quite popular here in the USA...

Large Mexican population, he's the second greatest Mexican player of all time and the only one to win the Champions League, what do you expect?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He fucked up in the first one... But the second was not entirely his fault... It was a collective distraction that lead to it...

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Rafa, Rafa, Rafa.... his form can really be directly correlated with the minutes spent on the pitch this season. If he'd get a good run of games under his belt, he'd prolly be a less of a liability than he is now. However, I believe we're beyond the part of experimenting with our defence now.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
I really hope we can sell him and get some cash for him in summer. Although I would like to see him finish his career here at Barca..his bad performing is really affecting us.

With Botia back, and Bartra a year older and with Chiggy gaining a first year experience...We have enough backup CB-s...

Home of Barca Fans