Pedro Rodriguez

B

barcelonista

He was never the player to make an impact as a late sub. Probably wasn't even prepared to play today.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Yeah I read that he never scored a goal off the bench. Not sure if it's true but he does seem especially poor when he comes on as a sub. But then again he has been poor for the whole season.

F

Flavia

We are short upfront. Pedro needs some rest. Asexis is being really missed. Now with Cesc back things will probably get better.

coolasif

I was kinda puzzled when I saw pep benched pedro and gave adriano a starting berth in the right wing.Boss is experimenting way too much and constant rotation is having an adverse effect on our players confidence level.

dalitis8

Banned
Fantastically ineffectual so far this season.

The injury to Asexis in early September has proved to have been nothing short of disastrous for Barca...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I was kinda puzzled when I saw pep benched pedro and gave adriano a starting berth in the right wing.Boss is experimenting way too much and constant rotation is having an adverse effect on our players confidence level.

I'm afraid I have to agree. Imo, if one player gets benched a match here and there it doesn't affect their confidence level (it's not like anybody in Barca would do A 'Tevez', we have far far more harmony and comradeship). But the constant switching of positions this season (the 3-4-3, Adriano as winger, Keita on DM, rotation with Cesc and Thiago in midfield and so on) unsettles the players and the flow we had. We can beat 'easier' opponents because we are individualy better than almost all players, but when it comes to playing as a team with clear tactics we just loose it with so many changes every game.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I'm afraid I have to agree. Imo, if one player gets benched a match here and there it doesn't affect their confidence level (it's not like anybody in Barca would do A 'Tevez', we have far far more harmony and comradeship). But the constant switching of positions this season (the 3-4-3, Adriano as winger, Keita on DM, rotation with Cesc and Thiago in midfield and so on) unsettles the players and the flow we had. We can beat 'easier' opponents because we are individualy better than almost all players, but when it comes to playing as a team with clear tactics we just loose it with so many changes every game.

I agree with this sentiment. There is really no need for this much rotation/change of tactics. That's something that I was afraid of Cesc arrival. Not saying Cesc is to blame for this at all. But when Barca was so insist in bringing in a first team player to a squad that was already set in their first winning eleven it was obvious that there has to come this rotation thing alot. Though I seriously didn't expect Pep does that this much and at the very beginning of the season, and even change tactics to fit the players in. How many times for example did we see Keita playing as DM for Barca in previous seasons? Cesc playing as a false #9. Adriano playing as a winger.... Experimenting is fine when the opponent is not that strong. But against the likes of Valencia and Sevilla was a mistake.

When Pep doesn't field a complete team it means that Barca hasn't gone out with all fires. It is simply a sort of understimating the opponent at the first place which we noticed in all 3 Sociedad, Valencia and Sevilla matches which resulted in 6 points lost overally. Going to the field with 60-70% power won't give you a 100% outcome.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Feel bad for him because of the injury, but his form is just atrocious, this can't go any longer, he's been out shape for so long...

coolasif

I would like to see Cuenca in action more in his absence.IMO,currently he is having better form than Pedro and deserves a starting berth until Alexis returns.

Cataloniakid

Poor Pedro. Injury seems to look worse than it is - nothing broken. Tendon strain or some bruising to his ankle. More test tomorrow.

Home of Barca Fans