Paul Pogba

King5Puyi

Thats not how it works though. You dont buy 3 players for one possible position in the hope that one comes good.

To give three players the minutes to prove themselves and improve it would be at the expense of other player at the club such as Samper, Thiago or an ageing Iniesta who would still have a lot to give.

Not to mention the wages of three players wasted on the hope one comes good.

Toure just off the back of a horrible season, can barely get up and down park these days and will want big wages.

Whoa! For Thiago read Rafinha!

If we are actually willing to give a chance to Samper, Rafinha, Halilovic, then why bother buying a guy for WR transfer fee?

I wasn't saying we have to buy 3 players. But that we "could" instead on one. I simply cannot stand us wanting to shell out that much money for one single player and it's not like his wage demands are low either.

Toure on the other hand, I would say isn't yet to be crossed out. He had a hectic year, with all the drama, then the African Nations Cup, the niggling injury, and a heavy last season. Plus, he's willing to go to Inter for 6/7M a year and some 14 transfer fee if rumours are to be believed. If we need a player who can slide in like a glove as a cover for just a season or two, while giving the young guns a run for their money, Yaya is pretty solid case.

JamDav1982

If we are actually willing to give a chance to Samper, Rafinha, Halilovic, then why bother buying a guy for WR transfer fee?

I wasn't saying we have to buy 3 players. But that we "could" instead on one. I simply cannot stand us wanting to shell out that much money for one single player and it's not like his wage demands are low either.

Toure on the other hand, I would say isn't yet to be crossed out. He had a hectic year, with all the drama, then the African Nations Cup, the niggling injury, and a heavy last season. Plus, he's willing to go to Inter for 6/7M a year and some 14 transfer fee if rumours are to be believed. If we need a player who can slide in like a glove as a cover for just a season or two, while giving the young guns a run for their money, Yaya is pretty solid case.

Because Samper, Rafinha and Halilovic can still get chances in the first team much more so than they would by bringing in three players on big fees who will want to play.

If those three have one more player ahead of them they get less minutes than they do if they have three more players ahead of them.

King5Puyi

Because Samper, Rafinha and Halilovic can still get chances in the first team much more so than they would by bringing in three players on big fees who will want to play.

If those three have one more player ahead of them they get less minutes than they do if they have three more players ahead of them.

Again, was implying how many solid players that money could buy, not stating we have to. Moreover bruv, if that's how you'd like things to be, we should just shut shop and not bother buying another midfielder.

JamDav1982

Again, was implying how many solid players that money could buy, not stating we have to. Moreover bruv, if that's how you'd like things to be, we should just shut shop and not bother buying another midfielder.

How do I want things to be?

I am saying bringing in one midfielder doesnt hinder the young players anything close to what bringing in three midfielders does.

So no it doesnt suggest Barca should shut up shop and not bring anyone in at all.

King5Puyi

How do I want things to be?

I am saying bringing in one midfielder doesnt hinder the young players anything close to what bringing in three midfielders does.

So no it doesnt suggest Barca should shut up shop and not bring anyone in at all.

:facepalm: I shouldn't have bothered about the three player statement. I keep saying it was a comparison for the amount of money Paul would cost us.

Well, tell me this, are you willing for our club to spend a World Record fee for Pogba?

JamDav1982

:facepalm: I shouldn't have bothered about the three player statement. I keep saying it was a comparison for the amount of money Paul would cost us.

Well, tell me this, are you willing for our club to spend a World Record fee for Pogba?

But we could throw in the dice with a few players and expect one of them to work out well for us.

Apologies if picked up wrong but that reads to me like you suggesting buying three players and hoping one works out rather than a cost comparison.

No I wouldnt pay a world record fee for Pogba, which is over 100m euros but I would be in favour of paying 80-100m for him but not desperate to see him at club and think club can go on without him.

King5Puyi

But we could throw in the dice with a few players and expect one of them to work out well for us.

Apologies if picked up wrong but that reads to me like you suggesting buying three players and hoping one works out rather than a cost comparison.

No I wouldnt pay a world record fee for Pogba, which is over 100m euros but I would be in favour of paying 80-100m for him but not desperate to see him at club and think club can go on without him.

Well, I apologise for my English :lol:

And I guess we're on the same page after all :cheers:

StarLord

I see what you are saying, but Samper/Rafinha are unlikely to be ever good enough as starters for FCB. Halilovic is still way too young, nothing but a prospect at this point in time. Yaya was mega, but I doubt that he has even one more good season in him. Would be worth a try for maybe for next year though since we cannot sign a star player in all probability. Yaya would be more than willing to avoid CL GS games until January came also.

But I think that the most rational approach would be for us to scout minor teams around Europe and Latin America for a good midfielder (I can assure you that hidden gems do exist) and then go for a star player (Verratti if this forum is even half-right over how good he is) in the summer of 2016.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I hope this 100M rumour is some kind of fu***ing joke. The guy is somewhat good with some potential to spare, but 100 fu***ng millions (OR EVEN MORE?)??? Mino and Juve can go f***k themselves. We better not even think about paying anywhere over 60M for him, and even that is 10-20M to much. I understand great players prices are somewhat inflated right now, rich as f***k oil economies and crooks running the show - but 100M?????

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The problem is we don't have any alternatives: Verratti won't leave PSG, Gundogan seems to be Manchester United bound, Koke is linked to Chelsea...

Who can we buy, realistically?

The problem is we don't have any alternatives: Verratti won't leave PSG, Gundogan seems to be Manchester United bound, Koke is linked to Chelsea...

Óliver Torres. Real signed Isco when he was about the same age as Torres currently is and look how it turned out for them.

Granted, he may not have the same immediate impact on our squad as any of the players you mentioned, but neither will Verratti, Koke or Pogba since they'll all be cup tied for the CL and will be missing half of our league games either way. Gundogan can still play CL for us, but he won't have impact unless he regains his pre-injury form –*and that's not a given.

Torres would be ideal for us both in terms of potential and playing style, and he's only 2 years than Verratti, Koke and Isco. So if he can emulate them, in 2 years time we may have a world class CM that's on the same level.

JamDav1982

Óliver Torres. Real signed Isco when he was about the same age as Torres currently is and look how it turned out for them.

Granted, he may not have the same immediate impact on our squad as any of the players you mentioned, but neither will Verratti, Koke or Pogba since they'll all be cup tied for the CL and will be missing half of our league games either way. Gundogan can still play CL for us, but he won't have impact unless he regains his pre-injury form –*and that's not a given.

Torres would be ideal for us both in terms of potential and playing style, and he's only 2 years than Verratti, Koke and Isco. So if he can emulate them, in 2 years time we may have a world class CM that's on the same level.

Does he play CM though?

Never really seen him given a game there for Porto and always seems to play further forward for Porto when I see them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Koke is staying at Atletico. He said it today. I get that many players say something, but do the opposite, but Koke seem dead serious about it and rejected us last summer too so there's that.

King5Puyi

I see what you are saying, but Samper/Rafinha are unlikely to be ever good enough as starters for FCB. Halilovic is still way too young, nothing but a prospect at this point in time. Yaya was mega, but I doubt that he has even one more good season in him. Would be worth a try for maybe for next year though since we cannot sign a star player in all probability. Yaya would be more than willing to avoid CL GS games until January came also.

But I think that the most rational approach would be for us to scout minor teams around Europe and Latin America for a good midfielder (I can assure you that hidden gems do exist) and then go for a star player (Verratti if this forum is even half-right over how good he is) in the summer of 2016.

[youtube]vOkjXIfaaPc[/youtube]

:wub:

Home of Barca Fans