Paul Pogba

Co0ter

Since Modric's injury and Kroos overload were basically reasons why Madrid dropped out of both competitions, I can see Perez investing heavily in midfielder as to prevent this happening again.
Fits perfectly too with his young galactico policy and Zidane will pull his strings too.

Well, at least I hope this happens and we end up with another Rakitic or something. Someone who will work his ass off and thus give balance to msn.

Yea....James, Isco, Modric, Khedira, Illara and Kroos... poor Madrid.

:D

JamDav1982

We went from 8 (pep's days) to 5 La Masia starters.

In terms of starters yes there are less now but La Masia players make up a bigger number in the squad I think and are being given the chance to impress.

Who were the eight starters in Peps days? Bit of grey area to count Pedro and Busquets as La Masia is it not?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
La Masia boys are dwindling because La Masia is dwindling.

The academy has been handled really badly for years now. Several key members who knew La Masia in and out were removed from their positions with new guys coming in and replacing them and everything has gone bad ever since.

Not saying we'll get Xavi's and Iniesta's coming through all the time, but it really can't be this bad either. Many key talented players regressing. Youth teams regressing. So much has become a joke now. Farcical. Hopefully whoever is elected in summer works to set things right again so atleast the players in the academy get the right conditions to develop and hopefully succeed and make it to the 1st team.

Anyway, you'll still need to buy regardless of how the academy is doing and we need a midfielder, and we need someone who can make an instant impact. Should go for one CM who can make an instant impact + a talented player who can do so in a few years/bank on the likes of Samper, Denis Suarez....

JamDav1982

La Masia boys are dwindling because La Masia is dwindling.

The academy has been handled really badly for years now. Several key members who knew La Masia in and out were removed from their positions with new guys coming in and replacing them and everything has gone bad ever since.

Not saying we'll get Xavi's and Iniesta's coming through all the time, but it really can't be this bad either. Many key talented players regressing. Youth teams regressing. So much has become a joke now. Farcical. Hopefully whoever is elected in summer works to set things right again so atleast the players in the academy get the right conditions to develop and hopefully succeed and make it to the 1st team.

Anyway, you'll still need to buy regardless of how the academy is doing and we need a midfielder, and we need someone who can make an instant impact. Should go for one CM who can make an instant impact + a talented player who can do so in a few years/bank on the likes of Samper, Denis Suarez....

Almost all the youth teams won their categories last year did they not and Youth CL? Has that ever happened before?

Not been a great year this time round but its swings and round abouts with plenty of good players coming through.

ceefoo

Yes of course, but paying Arsenal a bonus for a player that hasn't played a minute for us must be a joke. :lol:
I can't believe the club would be STOOPID enough to a pay bonuses to a player that hasn't played a single second of first-team football... Oh, wait! I forgot who the President is: :bartomeu: :banghead:

G

Gasgas

It seems we have drawn put of the race after juve having refused a 125 offer :lol:
If that's the case, i will root for us to sign Gundogan, atleast he is more attainable. DrPepper must be happy :D

Bertus

Since Modric's injury and Kroos overload were basically reasons why Madrid dropped out of both competitions, I can see Perez investing heavily in midfielder as to prevent this happening again.
Fits perfectly too with his young galactico policy and Zidane will pull his strings too.

Well, at least I hope this happens and we end up with another Rakitic or something. Someone who will work his ass off and thus give balance to msn.

There are reports in france that Pogba had a meeting with Flo and Benzema right after the semi final.

King5Puyi

The club doesnt need three CMs.

But we could throw in the dice with a few players and expect one of them to work out well for us.

And what about Toure? I know he'd love to come back, and he'd be a safe bet along with a younger Gundogan, Torres, Pjanic, Herrera, Kovacic, hell, worst case, even bring back Thiago. I know half of this is a FM mode fantasy, but I'd prefer to roll the dice than honestly pay a world record transfer fee for a player more than half of us even doubt can actually improve us or fit us.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I loved Touré but no thanx. And definite NO to Thiago. He's been disloyal and can fuck off anywhere else.

JamDav1982

But we could throw in the dice with a few players and expect one of them to work out well for us.

And what about Toure? I know he'd love to come back, and he'd be a safe bet along with a younger Gundogan, Torres, Pjanic, Herrera, Kovacic, hell, worst case, even bring back Thiago. I know half of this is a FM mode fantasy, but I'd prefer to roll the dice than honestly pay a world record transfer fee for a player more than half of us even doubt can actually improve us or fit us.

Thats not how it works though. You dont buy 3 players for one possible position in the hope that one comes good.

To give three players the minutes to prove themselves and improve it would be at the expense of other player at the club such as Samper, Thiago or an ageing Iniesta who would still have a lot to give.

Not to mention the wages of three players wasted on the hope one comes good.

Toure just off the back of a horrible season, can barely get up and down park these days and will want big wages.

Whoa! For Thiago read Rafinha!

Home of Barca Fans