Paul Pogba

Leo_Messi

Players don't start playing like their former self within few months upon returning from a year's absence. Despite his team's struggles wherein no has really shone consistently, İlkay performances have been promising. I reckon, with a full pre-season with the team, and tactical improvements, he'll pick up next season onwards.

Personally, don't think we'd buy any of Pogba, Verratti, or Gündoğan. It will be one of the two K's.

Whatever hap. to Kohe's poll on Verratti/Gündoğan? That was such a close one. :D

Gündogan has been fit for almost 6 months now. I am just saying what I have read and heard from people who actually follow Dortmund on a weekly basis. Also there is no guarantee of him ever coming back to that kind of form due to his injury. As I wrote then I would personally buy him tomorrow morning if he was back to his 2012-2013 levels.

On the other hand I rather pay 20-30 million euros more for a more reliable and better player currently. I have no problem with the club spending serious money. As long as this is done wisely.

I don't think that there is a big chance of Koke leaving Atlético. He is a Colchonero to the bone. Nor is he going to come cheap. But I would be a very happy man if the club bought Koke.

zanela

Gündogan has been fit for almost 6 months now. I am just saying what I have read and heard from people who actually follow Dortmund on a weekly basis. Also there is no guarantee of him ever coming back to that kind of form due to his injury. As I wrote then I would personally buy him tomorrow morning if he was back to his 2012-2013 levels.

On the other hand I rather pay 20-30 million euros more for a more reliable and better player currently. I have no problem with the club spending serious money. As long as this is done wisely.

I don't think that there is a big chance of Koke leaving Atlético. He is a Colchonero to the bone. Nor is he going to come cheap. But I would be a very happy man if the club bought Koke.

Gündogan made his return towards the end of Oct, but was gradually eased in. It's only since Feb, that he's been a regular fixture. Besides, when there is collective failure, it's a bit unreasonable to expect big things from someone who was out a year. Even then, he's been prominent in their short revival, and put in masterclass against Schalke recently. He looks a step slower sometimes (expected), but he should get sharper by next season. I think its a bit early to write him off. Obviously, Pogba, Verratti, and Koke are the preferred choices. But Gündogan at the price he'd come wouldn't be such a poor investment, and even in his current form, he'd upgrade our MF play. I've a feeling, however, that if he doesn't renew his contract, he'll end up in the EPL.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Gündogan made his return towards the end of Oct, but was gradually eased in. It's only since Feb, that he's been a regular fixture. Besides, when there is collective failure, it's a bit unreasonable to expect big things from someone who was out a year. Even then, he's been prominent in their short revival, and put in masterclass against Schalke recently. He looks a step slower sometimes (expected), but he should get sharper by next season. I think its a bit early to write him off. Obviously, Pogba, Verratti, and Koke are the preferred choices. But Gündogan at the price he'd come wouldn't be such a poor investment, and even in his current form, he'd upgrade our MF play. I've a feeling, however, that if he doesn't renew his contract, he'll end up in the EPL.

In a way you're right. We also had sort of a collective failure in the beginning of the season and we singled players out to take the blame. And while it's to early to write him off, it's also way to early to buy him this summer so he could come to us when we can register players in the winter. Will he come cheap? Certainly not under 25M, probably 30M+ - still think it's a to big of a risk.
Koke than? Well, I sort of think he's overrated. He doesn't have the technique required for a Barca midfielder. Tbh even Masche is more technical than Koke almost. No, just no.
Veratti on the other hand is the best out of the bunch, but there is no way PSG will sell.
Pogba will be expensive as ****. Some people think he's overrated, I actually like him a lot.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
You know who is even more underrated? Gündogan. :p

Btw how did Verratti become everyone's favorite player in just a month? Can't quite believe it but so many users here have him in their favorites list and I'm quite sure that one month ago he'd only make the list of a few ones.
Well a month ago there were no "favourite player lists"

Real Blow to Juve's season for this guy to get injured now..

They should be able to get past Monaco anyway. Then it all depends on who they face in the semis... and if Pogba can get back in time

I

instinct

@ADP1113: Barca pres Bartomeu on Pogba "I can say that he's a great player but we must check if Juve want to sell, also understand Raiola's strategy."

@ADP1113: Q: but situation is abnormal, you can buy but players can't join..

Bartomeu "Plan is to buy players & leave them at their club until Jan."

@ADP1113: Q: I'll only mention one name: Pogba.

Bartomeu "No comment. He has a contract with Juventus a club we have the the utmost respect for."

He said this to Gazzetta dello Sport. Confirms our interest in Pogba.

B

Batman

I would like Verratti but PSG won't sell no matter what. We have to go for Pogba before PSG seal any deal. Nedved just confirmed an offer from PSG but also said Barca interested too. If we make a reasonable offer I doubt we lose Pogba to PSG. The downside if he join us in Jan he won't play the CL unless we come to an agreement with Juve to play him in League matches only.

Kohe321

Nedved (director Juventus): "PSG made an offer for Pogba, but they're not the only ones. Madrid and Barça are also interested." [parisien]

Ursegor

World Champion
€ 150M at least. Buying from an Italian club + Mino Raiola as agent + Real Madrid and PSG interested. Yeah, € 150M should be about right.

Leo_Messi

I looking through pogba's matches then i came across this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gepxKypflHw :worthy:

I remember that match. We were quite poor that night and Pogba was playing really well until he was sent off.

"Paul Pogba tiene contrato con la Juventus hasta el próximo 30 de junio de 2016 y a sus 22 años se ha convertido en la gran atracción del 'mercato' de cara al próximo verano. Veremos si el conjunto italiano es capaz de retenerle o, en cambio, prefiere hacer negocio con el que será uno de los futbolistas importantes de la próxima década."

I was not aware that Pogba's contract runs out in the summer of 2016.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/nedved-barca-esta-interesado-pogba-4037368

Wait a second. It's Sport bullshitting as usual. His contract runs out in 2019.

Home of Barca Fans