Neymar Jr.

Jadentheman

I just wish he wasn't so last minute on it. Barca is doing him a huge favor investing the time to get him back. Had the board known they would have not pursued Griezmann

FinBarcelonafan

and who are these 'big clubs' Neymar has been offered to? from the rumours i've seen;

United - as if Neymar would 1. want to live in Manchester, 2. play for a Europa league team under a rookie manager, 3. he wouldn't last a minute in the PL, they would literally kick him off the pitch.

Juve - same issue for Neymar as PSG, big fish in a little pond league and they cant afford him anyway, struggling to afford Lukaku ffs

i'm not all aboard the Neymar return train but seriously its always been Barca or Madrid. other teams claiming they aren't interested wouldn't interest Neymar

the loan thing isn't going to happen, PSG will look like massive cucks if they dont get what they paid for back

Maybe Liverpool? They could pull it off. They will have the money next off-season.

Tiny Kim

Maybe Liverpool? They could pull it off. They will have the money next off-season.

I highly doubt Liverpool would want Coutinho back, especially at anything close to what they sold him for. Just like Barca would be highly reluctant to take Neymar back for the same amount they sold him for. The only difference is that Barca's higher-ups may be 'interested' in bringing back Neymar while Liverpool board have not given the slightest hint that they're even thinking about Coutinho.

Andresito

Staff member
I highly doubt Liverpool would want Coutinho back, especially at anything close to what they sold him for. Just like Barca would be highly reluctant to take Neymar back for the same amount they sold him for. The only difference is that Barca's higher-ups may be 'interested' in bringing back Neymar while Liverpool board have not given the slightest hint that they're even thinking about Coutinho.

He's talking about Neymar to Liverpool.

Tiny Kim

He's talking about Neymar to Liverpool.

Neymar to Liverpool? Why? Is the world coming to an end? Neymar is probably one of the current few "World-Class" forwards that would fit poorly to the current Liverpool squad, not to mention the huge probability that neither party is interested at all in the other.

Andresito

Staff member
Neymar to Liverpool? Why? Is the world coming to an end? Neymar is probably one of the current few "World-Class" forwards that would fit poorly to the current Liverpool squad, not to mention the huge probability that neither party is interested at all in the other.

You should ask FinBarcelonafan.

FinBarcelonafan

Neymar is better than any of their front 3. Yes, Salah is good in PL, but we know PL players are very overrated. Salah is good, though. Not great. Neymar is much better footballer than Firmino and MAne. Salah you can make a case. Healthy Neymar much better than any of those 3. Right now Neymar is a gamble, because we don't know how his injury is going to affect his future career, but If it works out.. Neymar will be top dog again.

Andresito

Staff member
Alright, as of today I fully believe Neymar will be a Barcelona player this summer.

If we can't get rid of Valverde at least we can force him to play an offensive lineup by signing all these superstars lol

BBZ8800

Neymar is better than any of their front 3. Yes, Salah is good in PL, but we know PL players are very overrated. Salah is good, though. Not great. Neymar is much better footballer than Firmino and MAne. Salah you can make a case. Healthy Neymar much better than any of those 3. Right now Neymar is a gamble, because we don't know how his injury is going to affect his future career, but If it works out.. Neymar will be top dog again.

What does it mean to be a better footballer?
For what? For some universal standards or for Barca's standards?

I personally believe that Neymar would ruin Liverpool's tactics with his ballhogging and his style of play.
So what does it matter if he is "better" if other players fit better and bring better results?

For example, Rafinha vs Coutinho.
We can't get 10M for Rafinha and Coutinho was paid 165M.

If you play both of them as a LCM for a full season, we would probably have exactly the same results (or even better with Rafinha) because Coutinho doesn't fit our style.
And who is a better footballer then?
It is irrelevant if Coutinho is overall a better footballer when he is useless for our team and we could get better results with cheaper and weaker (yet better fits) players.

The same is about Neymar and Liverpool.
It is totally irrelevant whether he is better than any of Mane, Firmino or Salah.
Imo, he is surely a way worse fit for their style of play.

** If youa re talking about Neymar and Barca: where have we downgraded after he left?
In terms of victories, trophies, what?

I personally wouldn't be surprised that we'll actually have weaker results now with too many superstars than playing with a crappy 442 with Raki-Paulinho.

behindbrowneyes

A healthy atmosphere and a homogenous attacking line is much more worth than Neymar being the better individual than Mané. This Liverpool squad is a real team and Neymar would hurt them more than helping them.

Home of Barca Fans