New 2013-2014 kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulFCB

Banned
As I said, 85 euro looks like a cosmic sum of money for a shirt, usually the prices started at 70 euro's when they were launched, that's how much I spent max for one, including online and offline shopping.
I usually bought them online in pounds, was cheaper by 5-7 euro that way actually, the exchange rate here makes it very bad to buy in Euro compared to US Dollars and especially Pounds, don't know about other places in Non-Euro Europe.
The thing with Barca shirts is that they're not very nice to wear with the stripes and shit, the sponsor makes it even less wearable. The most "casual" shirt I can think of is the 2006/07 away with no Unicef, it's orange but not very bright as the 2009/10. Another good one could be considered the 2002/04 3rd kit...
Polo shirts, even brighter ones are actually very OK, such as this years one, hope I can catch one in a store and buy at a decent price, it was in our Nike stores all season...

barcelona-polo-shirt-orange-2012-13.jpg

And another thing ( FFS ), some shirts don't have the same sizes, example Argentina World Cup 2006, XL...beats many XXL shirts also made by Adidas in the same period.
Another thing, many of our shirts are different, even in the same season Home vs. Away, the 2009/10 bright orange is very nice, while the one before, the yellow, despite being a nice shirt, has a very wide cut compared to it.
I'm like in a twilight zone...sometimes need L, sometimes XL, never know what to choose, online shopping disadvantage.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Football shirts are just so damn expensive. It's outrageous. Not just this year, but in general. I mean, over 50 euros for a short-sleeved shirt? A hundred euros? Give me a break. I'd love to own one or more, but I wouldn't know where to wear it, and it's too expensive. I'd only consider buying one if I visit Barcelona again. I'd love to get one at Camp Nou and have a customized name printed. That way it would be more of a souvenir from the trip than a clothing item. Now I only have to visit Barcelona before these kits are replaced. :D

You wear them when you play football (atleast I do)

PaulFCB

Banned
Seriously, is it worth playing football in $100 shirts?
I play tennis in them, but except for some clay you can't really destroy them.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah, the shirts are really expensive, but I've found that's common for all sports in general. A reason why I've never owned an actual jersey for any American sports because football jerseys & F1 stuff eat up all my money already. For example an NHL jersey costs around 120 USD uncustomized, if you want to customize it, costs $60 extra (at least in my team's shop). I'd rather just buy a t-shirt in that case.

F

Flavia

barcastuff
Barcelona kits are manufactured using recycled polyester. Maximum of 13 recycled plastic water bottles are used for set of shirt and shorts.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Didn't the players dislike the plastic bottle shirt thingy back in '09?...Did they change the formula or something, I wonder?...I remember the players complaining that they got too hot in them

Barca8

Yeah, it seems like wearing club merchandise is a sign of being a tourist in a lot of places. I was in Milan back in February, I was wearing an Inter scarf & Josh was wearing Milan (non match day), we went in a shop & the guy working there just automatically started speaking English to us instead of Italian.

I was also in Liverpool for the second leg Barca v Chelsea last year & I got stared at so much for wearing a Barca shirt. I didn't care though lol.

lol Yeah I didn't care either. My wife and I grabbed drinks and a table for tapas and I took my jacket off to reveal my Barca home shirt and half the people turned to look at me. I just looked back and smiled like "You're in Barcelona! WTF do u expect? ManU?" lol
But I have found very few people wear jerseys casually in Europe, it's usually just me.

I saw that same 2nd leg match at an internet cafe in Rome. I was lazy and didn't want to get dressed so I just went downstairs to the cafe and about 10 minutes into the match everybody who was sitting around me had turned their chairs and watched the stream with me. With whatever broken Italian I can speak I asked the guys and everybody except 1 wanted Barca to lose. It really really sucked when Torres ran the ball all the way down to score and they were all cheering.

The thing with Barca shirts is that they're not very nice to wear with the stripes and shit, the sponsor makes it even less wearable. The most "casual" shirt I can think of is the 2006/07 away with no Unicef, it's orange but not very bright as the 2009/10.

I have collar-less Barca polos and I wear the jerseys with jeans all the time. I do see what you mean with the stripes but if you have the right shade of jeans it fits.

Gilberto

I'm absolutely loving the new kit! Now I really don't know which kit I'll buy.. I''ll just have to go with one of the barca kits :wub:

My friends ain't making fun of me in my barca kit this year :party1:

XaviMessiGirl

lol Yeah I didn't care either. My wife and I grabbed drinks and a table for tapas and I took my jacket off to reveal my Barca home shirt and half the people turned to look at me. I just looked back and smiled like "You're in Barcelona! WTF do u expect? ManU?" lol
But I have found very few people wear jerseys casually in Europe, it's usually just me.

I saw that same 2nd leg match at an internet cafe in Rome. I was lazy and didn't want to get dressed so I just went downstairs to the cafe and about 10 minutes into the match everybody who was sitting around me had turned their chairs and watched the stream with me. With whatever broken Italian I can speak I asked the guys and everybody except 1 wanted Barca to lose. It really really sucked when Torres ran the ball all the way down to score and they were all cheering.

Definitely seems like pretty much everyone hates Barca except Barca fans. No one is ever really neutral or has only a moderate like for the club, it's either love or hate. At least in this era anyway.

In England I had a guy ask me why I wasn't supporting Chelsea. I said I'm not English so why should I have to. He asked if I was Spanish then and I said no, that I'm American. He looked at me like I was a horrible person :lol: it's going to be interesting when I move there if people are going to ask me questions like that on a regular basis.

And yeah, Barca shirts definitely go best with blue jeans I've found. They don't look quite as nice when paired with anything else.

slvtn

Didn't the players dislike the plastic bottle shirt thingy back in '09?...Did they change the formula or something, I wonder?...I remember the players complaining that they got too hot in them

Not sure on the authentic jerseys, but the 2012/13 Replica is a lot lighter than the 2011/12 one.
I recently ordered a blank Nike jersey (which is even lighter than the club jerseys), because it would be a bummer to ruin such an expensive shirt while playing football and it's a little more understated.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
The new kits seem to have the old printing on the website, I assume this will change? Or will we have the same style again?

mac10

Definitely seems like pretty much everyone hates Barca except Barca fans. No one is ever really neutral or has only a moderate like for the club, it's either love or hate. At least in this era anyway.

In England I had a guy ask me why I wasn't supporting Chelsea. I said I'm not English so why should I have to. He asked if I was Spanish then and I said no, that I'm American. He looked at me like I was a horrible person :lol: it's going to be interesting when I move there if people are going to ask me questions like that on a regular basis.

And yeah, Barca shirts definitely go best with blue jeans I've found. They don't look quite as nice when paired with anything else.

nah he was a chelsea fan says it all really were not all like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans