Mikayil Faye

M3ls

Klingor also trained Gvardiol in the Dinamo Zagreb academy... "If we compare them at same age I would say that Mikail is more explosive and powerful...I also think Mikail is technically better and has more shooting ability. But keep in mind we are comparing him to Gvardiol."

Klingor goes on... "Faye's technical execution, composure and decision-making under pressure and in compromising situations [are most outstanding]." "He reacts to actions like he's never seen before. He should take more advantage in 1v1s, he can be very dominant."

Klingor continues... "[He's] a player with a good knowledge of the game and who reads the games very well...I had never seen that reading in a player before". "[His qualities] will allow him to anticipate often and that the interceptions he makes are incredible."

Chomutov

Sounds good. I wonder If he could be used as a defensive midfielder with all these mentioned attributes (physical strength, reads game well, good shot, good technique, fast and so on). Sounds like a young version of Yaya Toure to me...

Raketa10

People should really lower their expectations for this guy. He played for a Croatian team that got relegated to a third tier competition this season. Consequently, any comparison with Gvardiol is laughable.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah. Keep the hype on. Croatia 3rd division is on par with Spain 2nf tier. Which is where we got that washed up dm

Messi983

People should really lower their expectations for this guy. He played for a Croatian team that got relegated to a third tier competition this season. Consequently, any comparison with Gvardiol is laughable.

There were some strange things going on with his agents and how he got to Kustosija but clubs like Marseille and Dortmund (won't mention Chelsea because they're interested in everyone, lol) clearly must saw something in him too.

Nah. Keep the hype on. Croatia 3rd division is on par with Spain 2nf tier. Which is where we got that washed up dm

Romeu didn't play in 2nd tier team since his last season at Barca B 12 years ago.

Has played in La Liga last season and in EPL in previous 7 years.

BBZ8800

I think that we are back to scouting and selling young CBs.

This guy reminds me on cases like Mina, Todibo, Marlon.
Buy a cheap, tall, strong, black defender and hope to resell him to EPL in 2 years time for 15-30m to some rich bottom table team.

If we buy a short, slow, technical Spanish CB like Eric, no one on Earth will buy him.
But if you have a strong, fast CB, then everything is possible.

So, imo, this transfer's logic in a nutshell is:
1. if he turns out to be the next Araujo = awesome
2. if he turns out to be horrible = fine, we'll lose 1-2m, it was worth to try
3. if he turns out to be ok for bottom table EPL teams = very good. We'll earn 10-15m easily.

You can see the pattern with these young CBs bought by Barca,.
They are always somewhat strong and fast.
And we earn some money on majority of them.

We are broke, we need to make millions in every possible way.

** Btw, I have read some reports in Croatian papers in the past few Months how this guy was apparently a gem and how Dinamo Zagreb should buy and resell him.
It is hard to tell though whether those were genuine or paid articles.

Messi983

He was reportedly training with Dinamo for some time but they didn't sign him. Thankfully for us (if he turns out good) because otherwise would probably be out of our price range. Or at least what we would be willing to pay for an unproven talent in current situation.

Porque

Supposed to be starting with Araujo on Sundays game.

So we will get alot of signals on his potential then, and where he stands on the scale between Macky Bagnack and Ronald Araujo.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Too much negativity. Guy is a legit talent. Think he will play next season a handful of games but Xavi won't risk him at centre back yet.

Will probably play at left back, when Balde is injured.

Kul_z

On paper, is he being bought for the B-team or for the first team?
I think for b team, and i hope if our board is smart enough they would follow madrid route. They bought vini and rodrygo for b team and by that they manipulated the ffp

Home of Barca Fans