Mikayil Faye

Andresito

Staff member
el_barcelona_ya_tiene_a_la_gran_joya_del_futuro_mikayil_faye_el_monstruo_llega_para_re.jpg
faye.png

Andresito

Staff member
So this cat is joining us from Croatian 2nd divison for 5m plus addons.

Must say, if he turns out to be the real deal it's a big W for the scouts who apparently pushed for him. Would never have imagined we'd spend 5m for a Senegalese guy from a relegation fodder in Croatian 2nd league. Seems like a joke tbh.

M3ls

Athletic, very fast, excellent on the ball, has a great first pass. From his gestures during the game, you can see that the guy leads the defense.. Can play on the left flank of the defense.

khaled_a_d

This is one of the transfers that in 5 years, it will be either look like an Araujo type of purchase, or we will wonder why we paid 8M for him and Julian Araujo instead of F.Diaz (or whoever is successful cheap purchase in 2023)

M3ls

To appreciate it properly, you need to watch several games. But I see impressive basic skills - athleticism, speed, technique, balance, speed, passing.

Porque

Looks very good in the clips. Not gonna lie. In the media stories of Chelsea interest, says he turned down moves to Marseille and Reims a year a go. Who knows what true is in that.

Fee is way too high on paper though. I expect it to end up being way less if we ended up signing him (Sport said Messi had signed too remember).

But could be a case of him being the only viable asset at that club and them thus asking a king's ransom. I met a ton of business people like that.

So yeah, atleast doesn't look a shit when watching on YT like Mexican guy, Pocho, Maia, Matheus Fernandes and others looked.

Messi983

Looks talented but level of competition is ofc questionable. Clearly compared to Barca's first team but probably not that far away from Primera RFEF level so he shouldn't have too much troubles adapting playing in that league.

Don't know if he's the right guy or we'd be better off signing a random CB from Ligue 2 but in theory I always support these type of transfers.

It also fits that strategy I was talking about some time ago to double down on the positions you're signing older players in (like Inigo) while at the same time also bringing their potential replacements. Now do the same with the Turks. Sign Gundo on a 2- year contract and buy Arda Guler to loan him for a season. Don't expect it to happen though so we could use Torre as an understudy next season after he returns from (hopefully a good) loan.

We don't need immediate starters at CB but needed better depth behind Araujo, Christensen and Kounde (especially if he'll continue to play mostly as RB) so getting Inigo there makes sense. But within 2 years either Faye or Chadi Riad could replace him as left-footed CB. And in Faye's case he could also be versatile enough to be used as a LB so could potentially replace Alonso in 2024 as Balde's backup. Although I don't see us having two kids at one position and we'll probably look to get a more proven LB next year it would help Faye's chances to make a fast breakthrough if he could be a hybrid LCB/LB.

For developments of players aged 18/19 I think the most important is to play every week (that's why I believe we've mismanaged Pablo this season) and where they play is less important. It's not like we'd ask him to play as a striker where he (probably) never played before anyway.

Porque

If this guy ends up legit, a reminder that Valencia went to Diambars FC (his old club) at the time and come back with Libasse Gueye, who left after a year.

giphy.gif

Raketa10

So this cat is joining us from Croatian 2nd divison for 5m plus addons.

Must say, if he turns out to be the real deal it's a big W for the scouts who apparently pushed for him. Would never have imagined we'd spend 5m for a Senegalese guy from a relegation fodder in Croatian 2nd league. Seems like a joke tbh.
I am afraid this is a joke. Chances that this guy will be a real deal are bellow 1%.

Porque

This makes it much more understandable to most people, to reposition Faye as an UnderX national player that was scouted during a world cup competition

Question would be why not bought before his move to Croatia in this scenario.

Expecting the final fee to be lower. But atleast there seems to be a semblance of talent here.

Home of Barca Fans