Mikayil Faye

Porque

Alexis Olmedo too

Nice clip. This is the typical Barcelona style CB that we develop. Good clean distribution and positioning but seems a tad underwelming phyiscally, who could get turned into a potato omelette if intensely attacked.

Just turned 18 a few months ago so one to keep an eye on along with Cuenca.

M3ls

Faye is tearing apart - he scored 5 goals, if I'm not mistaken, in the last 7 games.

There were reports about its possible sale to replenish the budget - I think that this would be a terrible mistake.

Faye is a pumped up version of Araujo. Why pumped?

1 - tactically he is more disciplined, as I see it.
2 - stronger on the ball - it's just a fact.

That is, we have on our hands a 19-year-old LEFT-FOOTED (cool left-footed CB is a scarce “product” on the market) defender who:
1 - well trained tactically
2 - has excellent starting speed, fast over long and short distances
3 - physically very strong
4 - good on the second floor
5 -. good on the ball - in possession, passing, shooting
6 - has a high level of gaming intelligence - this can be seen, for example, in the passes between the lines that he distributes.

Why did Xavi call Cubarsi and not Faye, who is older? As far as I know, Marquez was against it, believing that Faye is one of the team’s key players, who is very necessary at this stage of the season.

I am absolutely convinced that in terms of the totality of qualities, Faye has much higher potential than Cubarsi.
Cubarsi is not superior to Faye in any game skill, but he is inferior, for example, in physics, acceleration, speed, playing on the second floor, hitting (although this is not the most important indicator for a central defender).

So, selling a left-footed, young central lock with such a set of qualities would be a big mistake, even for a conventional 50 million euros.

If I were confronted with the fact that Araujo or Faye were leaving, I would undoubtedly keep the latter.

vuji_31

I see a lot of clubs are interested. I see Italian cheap mofo-s like Inter, Juve and Leverkusen are interested.

Juve and Inter can f*** off, they will probably offer us idiots like Ranocchia or De Schiglio in direct swap for this beast.
Lever will also not offer more then 20mil, so I would not sell him any way.

His price can skyrocket in one season much more then we can sell him.

Martinez and Alonso are gone in summer, so there is place for him,

jamrock

Seems like something sport just pulled out there ass tbh.

Not a terrible idea though if it's a loan or a reason buy bask

khaled_a_d

Not a terrible idea though if it's a loan or a reason buy bask

Loan won't be that good for them and maybe not even for him. They are fairly rich club and those rarely invest in player's they don't own. They will get him but without the idea of developing him.

And French league has no buyout clauses, including buyback option.
Most we could do is 1st option + percentage of future sale.

jamrock

Loan won't be that good for them and maybe not even for him. They are fairly rich club and those rarely invest in player's they don't own. They will get him but without the idea of developing him.

And French league has no buyout clauses, including buyback option.
Most we could do is 1st option + percentage of future sale.

Okay didn't know that,if that's the case it's a noo.

Thuram has only 1 year left on his contract, have them keep all of the transfer fee for todibo and throw another 20-30m on it, if we really want him.

But Faye has to stay under our control for the next 2 years to see how he develops.

Porque

Same owners as Man Utd right.

Didn't realise Khephren Thuram was 23 already (well just turned a few days ago to be fair but thought he was 21/22). A loan would be good for Faye, but to Girona would be even better if we can sell Eric somewhere else.

I think the play would be to try and get Thuram on a free in 2025. If he is in no rush to leave now and Nice are not interested in lowering his price, then would love to see us work the 2025 free agent pool already.

BJJ

Loan him out to Girona and see how he develops. He can play lb,cb and I think DM.
He us too good to sell imo. He needs to get chances.
It's pretty obvious that there's alot of bias towards la Masia players. Cubarsi is great but Faye should have opportunities too. Faye is way ahead physically.

Messi983

Can't play too many Barca B players at the same time. Still think Cubarsi will start and then probably Mika come on for him or Fort in 2nd half.

Roberto and Christensen will surely start as they are suspended for PSG.

Home of Barca Fans