Matthijs de Ligt

Messi983

As I understand it Ferran's signing will be made with next season's money, with nothing being paid now. If we sell Frenkie the money will probably be used towards Haaland, which is an improbable transfer.

Probably next two seasons money as Barca wants to include more installments.

Considering this I think it would be more likely to get MDL on payments over next 2-3 seasons, Juve is also broken (not as much as we) but I see them accepting those conditions before Dortmund who will insist on getting 75m (if clause really exists) upfront for Haaland. Multiple teams like PSG, Madrid, City and United can pay that without problems and we can't. Wages and commisions would also be lower for De Ligt. Probably still higher than we can afford though.

Also with FDJ potentially sold and Koeman gone don't see much reasons for MDL prefering to come here over other interested teams.

mc_lovin

The club is not spending that kind of money for many many years on anyone.

I would like us to generally not spend 100m+ on anyone anymore, and hope we avoid Haaland with his ~400m package like plague.

But I am pretty sure we will get to a "normal" spending for a non-oil top club (~80m net per window?) rather quickly again.

Birdy

Rather spend 60mil on Vlahovic then on Torres.

Vlahovic is massively overrated.
Good finisher, and that's it.
He lacks a million other elements a modern striker needs.
Ridiculous price tag Fiorentina put on him.
Not a penny above 30m

Devils

He's a true Serbian Killer. Not a fake one like that bum Luka Jovic.

I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

Vlahovic/Ansu/Torres/Dembele/Abde/Depay/Cavani is a stunning and versatile attack.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

He's a true Serbian Killer. Not a fake one like that bum Luka Jovic.

I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

Vlahovic/Ansu/Torres/Dembele/Abde/Depay/Cavani is a stunning and versatile attack.

Totally forgot we had Depay and he was gone for few games haha.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
As for De Ligt, he has regressed and is far from the prospect he was ahead of arriving at Juventus. Even when he has played for Oranje he simply looks a worse defender. Moreover, every team should have at most one pizza boy client - openly trying to move him in the press lately is a shit stirred you don't want in your squad

He's young so he can improve certain aspects of his game but I agree that he has the morphology of a player that will only become less agile/quick as time passes. Not even sure he'll be better than Maguire who has similar attributes

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

According to
@tuttosport
, FC Barcelona have initiated contacts with Juventus for Matthijs de Ligt.

Got bust written all over him. 30m max.

FinBarcelonafan

He will bust. He is a better Garcia(taller/stronger). Not quick enough or fast. He would struggle the same.

If you play high line, play quick D.. please.

Barcilliant

If De Ligt came here cheap I wouldn't mind. I called out people who were riding his dick along time ago. He has the turning radius of the Titanic and is basically another Ajax system player. If we had Ten Hag or Pep here I wouldn't mind but la liga is faster than Serie A and I think De Ligt would be shown up very quickly here.
Basically Raiola is using Haaland as leverage to get is other clients to big clubs.

Home of Barca Fans