Marc Muniesa

yeswecan

since we can't afford buying a world class defender , I'd rather keep Muniesa and Bartra hoping they become something good.

Alcantara

Defender Marc Muniesa (20) is close to joining Ajax. Both Barcelona and Muniesa agree with a move. Left to decide: loan or sale+buyback [md]

I think it will be a good move with him getting some playing time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Defender Marc Muniesa (20) is close to joining Ajax. Both Barcelona and Muniesa agree with a move. Left to decide: loan or sale+buyback [md]

I think it will be a good move with him getting some playing time.

Great move for everyone concerned...This was part of what I was hoping would happen with some of these youth players who didn't really fit into 1st team plans atm...Muniesa is a good kid and will be at a solid club in a competitive league who play in a manner that will lend itself well in the event of a possible return

AFCA

Apparently Cruijff advised us to go for Muniesa. Rather go for him than some 6 million signing. All dutch clubs suddenly increase their prices when Ajax want a player.:roll eyes:

Seems logical that we're going for someone who can play both LB and CB. Boilesen has been out for an entire season. Blind can't play all games and is still kind of weak. And Denswill(19) just isn't ready yet. Seems like a good move for Muniesa and Barca too. Frank de Boer did a great job with Vertonghen.

Trequartista

The good
Looks a good move for him,shame injuries didnt allow him to show his full potential so far but anyway dont Ajax have a similar player in Boilsen?similar age as well....

XaviMessiGirl

Better be a loan, or at most a sale with buyback clause, or I will break things.

I agree he should go somewhere to gain more experience, since to me it seems like Bartra would start ahead of him if we decided to use one of them in the first team, but I don't want to let go of him completely.

Trickykid

Looks a good move for him,shame injuries didnt allow him to show his full potential so far but anyway dont Ajax have a similar player in Boilsen?similar age as well....

Nah, Boilesen is much more of a fullback nowadays, way more attacking than Muniesa, who would be utilized at a cb.

AFCA

Boilesen has been injured since september. Will start training with the team in 2 weeks. He can't play a full season, neither can Muniesa.

Narsingh is probably going to PSV. So Ajax are also after one of Deulofeu, Tello, Cuenca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Marc Overmars (sports director Ajax): "We want to sign Marc Muniesa on loan for one season. The boy is open to it." [de telegraaf]

G

Giannino

Beside the fact that the Dutch Eredivisie will be a nice experience for Muniesa, I'd love him to stay with the team for this season. I don't know whether Adriano is gonna leave or stay with us, but Muniesa could be used as a back-up for Alba, at least in cup matches. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that it's only a short-term loan, instead of selling him with an option to buy him back after a few years.

P

PhilS

Beside the fact that the Dutch Eredivisie will be a nice experience for Muniesa, I'd love him to stay with the team for this season. I don't know whether Adriano is gonna leave or stay with us, but Muniesa could be used as a back-up for Alba, at least in cup matches. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that it's only a short-term loan, instead of selling him with an option to buy him back after a few years.

I think Alves is still hurt, I don't know if he will be ready by the start of the season. Adriano is going to start a lot of games at both LB and RB this year, he is not going anywhere. He may sign a contract extension any time now. If the team has about 60 games this year, assuming it goes as far as usual in both Copa and CL, without LT injuries, iron man Alves 50 games, Alba 40 games, Adriano 30 games.

Home of Barca Fans