Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

Sport.es said:
Former Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti surprised some people when previewing the Clasico for Sina Sports. The Italian picked a combined Madrid-Barcelona XI and it features 4 Barcelona stars, two Madrid men and five positions drawn.

Ancelotti went for Pique ahead of Pepe, Busquets ahead of Casemiro, Rakitic ahead of Kroos, and Neymar before Bale. He preferred Marcelo to Jordi Alba and Sergio Ramos to Mascherano. In the other positions he was drawn.

This is the team:

Bravo-Keylor Navas (Draw) - Both are having a good season, although maybe Keylor has been more crucial to Madrid.

Dani Alves-Carvajal (Draw) - They have a good attacking capacity, they need to pay attention in defence, especially Dani Alves.

Gerard Pique-Pepe (Barcelona) - Pique's season is excellent. He's concentrating and making all decisions accurately. Pepe needs more continuity but his speed and talent is important.

Mascherano-Sergio Ramos (Madrid) - Mascherano knows how to play this position well despite being a midfielder, but Sergio Ramos is the heart of Real Madrid and always key in these type of games.

Jordi Alba-Marcelo (Madrid) - On paper they are very similar. However the influence of Marcelo at Madrid is bigger than Alba's on Barcelona.

Busquets-Casemiro (Barcelona) - No doubt, Busquets is one of the best central-midfielders in the world. Casemiro has improved a lot recently but isn't as key.

Rakitic-Kroos (Barcelona) - The form of Rakitic is incredible, both mentally and physically. His contribution to Barcelona is essential. Kroos is vital but hasn't reached Rakitic's level.

Iniesta-Modric (Draw) - Both are one of the best players in their teams, capable of taking on any game, they are the best players their team-mates could ask for.

Neymar-Bale (Barcelona) - The growth of Neymar this season is evident. His form is spectacular, and you see his importance to the team. Bale is decisive for Madrid but has lost a lot games through injury. Right now, Neymar is better.

Luis Suarez-Benzema (Draw) - They are different types of forwards. Suarez is the class of striker just born to score. Lots of mobility and can upset any defence. He's red-hot right now. Benzema is good too, although he could score goals sometimes. In other aspects of the play he has a very important influence. It's a tough decision.

Messi-Cristiano (Draw) - What can I say? Both are very good, they are the best players in the world.

A couple of nobrainers and a couple of slight surprises. I really like the fact that he acknowledges Rakitic' influence on the team, and especially so over Kroos who's usually higher profiled.
Not picking Messi and Suarez over Cristiano and Benz is of course face-palm worthy, though.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
So many good ones until the Messi-Ronaldo one. That's just embarrassing. You're not at Real anymore, Ancelotti. Grow some fucking balls. Ronaldo is straight-up woeful this season and still to score against a big team. Saying that it will probably happen tomorrow, tho. :p

Morten

I like Modric as a player, but Ancelotti had him drawn with the Don ? That's maybe a draw too far for me.

These vs-comparisons can be done in various ways, often you end up with a star 11 that could have been vastly different. If Modric was setup against Rakitic instead, he would probably have gotten a spot. But since Ancelotti put up Kroos vs Rakitic the results are different. I believe Modric would have made that midfield, he just belongs there in my opinion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I guess the general mood here is pretty upbeat?

I am getting more and more nervous as the game approaches, a thousand butterflies in my stomach. I think some folks have underestimated Real Madrid, this game could go either way. Even though we still enjoy a sizable lead, a loss would cut our lead to just 6 points ahead of Atletico and 7 ahead of Real Madrid, too narrow in my opinion. More importantly, a loss or a very ugly draw will steal our momentum ahead of two SO important CL games against Atletico.

I'd be very happy with a 1:0 or 2:1 win, a win is all I want. And no injures, of course please.

Morten

I guess the general mood here is pretty upbeat?

I am getting more and more nervous as the game approaches, a thousand butterflies in my stomach. I think some folks have underestimated Real Madrid, this game could go either way. Even though we still enjoy a sizable lead, a loss would cut our lead to just 6 points ahead of Atletico and 7 ahead of Real Madrid, too narrow in my opinion. More importantly, a loss or a very ugly draw will steal our momentum ahead of two SO important CL games against Atletico.

I'd be very happy with a 1:0 or 2:1 win, a win is all I want. And no injures, of course please.

Common, even if Real Madrid by some miracle win this game. We are 7 points behind with 8(?) games left? Its over.

Kuchi

I'd gladly take a draw with no injuries. This will be hard to win, real will give it all

Richard.H

One thing to keep in mind is that this is most likely CR's last clasico...

It's been a long journey. I remember joining this forum when he was at his first season with Real. The clasicos definitely won't be the same next season. Goodbye CR, you were a reputable rival to Messi. Please have another crappy game tomorrow.

Love,
Cules

vlad

One thing to keep in mind is that this is most likely CR's last clasico...

It's been a long journey. I remember joining this forum when he was at his first season with Real. The clasicos definitely won't be the same next season. Goodbye CR, you were a reputable rival to Messi. Please have another crappy game tomorrow.

Love,
Cules

true, as much we are sometimes making jokes here about him, he will be truly missed, el classico without ronaldo, will not be the same :) marca and "messi vs ronaldo", "ronaldo is back again" "ronaldo has knee problems" :lol:

edit: game is today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans