Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You are starting to play differently and say more correct things, but your diagnosis remains the same - you are a clinical idiot.

If you weren’t so stupid, then you would understand that Messi’s salary caused a domino effect in the club. When one employee in your company earns 100,000 million euros, even if he is the best in his business, then other employees who are among the top 200 workers in the world begin to demand more from your company than they would get in another company which does not have that the best employee with a salary of 100 million euros.

The vice president of Barcelona (or the financial director, I don’t remember exactly) warned Bartomeu about this effect. And there is his interview with these words.

That is why in our club many players received more than they could receive in any other club.

That is why Alemany said - we cannot sell players, because no one will pay them that much anymore.

And someone forced them to pay all these players unreasonable salaries?
They couldn't have simply said no or negotiated better deals? Did most of the players bring even 10% of the consistency and level of play Messi brought?

Putting it on Messi and not dogshit leadership and governance is the work of a retard that doesn't know what he's talking about.

soul24rage

They couldn't have simply said no or negotiated better deals? Did most of the players bring even 10% of the consistency and level of play Messi brought?

Putting it on Messi and not dogshit leadership and governance is the work of a retard that doesn't know what he's talking about.
Honestly, I'm not sure there is even a point in discussing with Mels anymore.

Once a person is so narrowly focused on one thing, they have deluded and misleading thoughts that whatever they think is correct instead of having common sense, thinking outside the box and being objective like us.

M3ls

You can say it but it may have consequences.

You can also tell Messi to go to hell, like Peres did to Ronaldo when Cristiano demanded an increase in his contract, knowing how much Barcelona was paying Messi.

This is exactly how the psychology inside a football club or any other company works.

We cannot allow the gap between the salary of one player, even if he is the best, and the salaries of other players to be so large. This ultimately leads to a domino effect.

Then again, couldn't Real Madrid have made concessions to Ronaldo? You just won the Champions League for the third time in a row, yea Ronaldo is not as great as Leo, but Ronaldo made a significant contribution to winning 3 league champions, why can't you raise his salary? Peres had the opportunity to do this, but he knew about that same domino effect. He knew what this would lead to.

Last edited:

M3ls

In the end you can see where this led. Real Madrid is currently the most financially stable club in the world. And our club is in shit. By the way, Leo, knowing this, did not refuse part of the salary that we owed. We continue to pay him. This is love. BIG love. I have given enough facts.

You continue to claim that Leo is not to blame for our current financial situation and is not a greedy person. Damn it, what's wrong with you?

CatalinR10

In the end you can see where this led. Real Madrid is currently the most financially stable club in the world. And our club is in shit. By the way, Leo, knowing this, did not refuse part of the salary that we owed. We continue to pay him. This is love. BIG love. I have given enough facts.

You continue to claim that Leo is not to blame for our current financial situation and is not a greedy person. Damn it, what's wrong with you?

Shut the fuck up

companyofcules

Messi greatest ever barca player, propelled us to heights we're unlikely to see in our lifetime. His influence on the club will continue to generate money for decades. Also a very greedy guy with a greedy family. Last contract he had should have been around 30m a year less to be a few million ahead of Ronaldo.

Does that settle it?
You can't be greedy if you stay at a second tier club or let's say a new entry club that collapsed while others want to make you filthy rich. Imagine Perez having Messi. Salaries are paid according to the market. If there were 5 or 2 players like Messi, nobody would pay him more than 20 mil, but since he was probably 1 at 200 years player it's more difficult to pay him that low since you have oligarchs that can pay him 100 per year with little stress.
Take FdJ, huge talent, young, not the most rare profile gets a huge salary at FCB. Now we yell it is too much he is a greedy fucker but in reality he could have easily choose PSG for more.
Quality isn't cheap and probably some people here lack a women or a close family, or they are more psycho because you are mot alone in life. Messi doesn't seem to be an egomaniac driven by power but while you are the best you want a fair treatment. Even if you don't your woman, family, relatives friends and media will make you want those money to show you are respected. Life is more complicated and Argentinians are not known to be some Japanese samurais driven by abstract honor.

M3ls

Read the interview with Mars Ingla - Vice President of Marketing and Media from 2003 to 2008 of Barcelona.

This guy here says exactly the same thing I said earlier - about the domino effect.

¿Es usted crítico con el mandato de Bartomeu?

He estado muchos años desconectado pero sí parece que hubo una pérdida de control sobre los salarios. Hay que reconocer que tenía un tema muy peliagudo de gestionar, el hecho de tener al mejor jugador de la historia y cómo retenerlo.

Al final se le abrió la puerta.

Pedía lo que merecía y es comprensible pero quizás el Barça no tenía ya los recursos para retenerlo. Bartomeu hizo una apuesta de riesgo pensando que el Barça no pararía de ganar con él. El problema fue la inflación asociada de otros jugadores.

soul24rage

Read the interview with Mars Ingla - Vice President of Marketing and Media from 2003 to 2008 of Barcelona.

This guy here says exactly the same thing I said earlier - about the domino effect.

He estado muchos años desconectado pero sí parece que hubo una pérdida de control sobre los salarios. Hay que reconocer que tenía un tema muy peliagudo de gestionar, el hecho de tener al mejor jugador de la historia y cómo retenerlo.

Pedía lo que merecía y es comprensible pero quizás el Barça no tenía ya los recursos para retenerlo. Bartomeu hizo una apuesta de riesgo pensando que el Barça no pararía de ganar con él. El problema fue la inflación asociada de otros jugadores.
Again, how is this Messi's problem?

soul24rage

The "love" needs to be reciprocated back and I'm not surprised given how much Laporta kept on reassuring Messi back in summer 2021 that a contract will be agreed and only to backstab him at the end.

soul24rage

What a selfless person. @M3ls

Sources from UEFA and the Spanish Federation explained to @elespanolcom that Messi personally was negotiating with UEFA President Ceferin about the urgent need to create a fund that would guarantee the payment of part of the salaries of players who were greatly affected during the pandemic period.

Leo Messi explained to UEFA: “I would rather not get anything if there is no money to help others.”

Setting up a fund of this type is perfectly legal. FIFA agreed with FIFPRO, the international union of professional football players, and established a similar fund a few weeks before the pandemic period to pay the players’ arrears and their dues.

Rory

You can't be greedy if you stay at a second tier club or let's say a new entry club that collapsed while others want to make you filthy rich. Imagine Perez having Messi. Salaries are paid according to the market. If there were 5 or 2 players like Messi, nobody would pay him more than 20 mil, but since he was probably 1 at 200 years player it's more difficult to pay him that low since you have oligarchs that can pay him 100 per year with little stress.
Take FdJ, huge talent, young, not the most rare profile gets a huge salary at FCB. Now we yell it is too much he is a greedy fucker but in reality he could have easily choose PSG for more.
Quality isn't cheap and probably some people here lack a women or a close family, or they are more psycho because you are mot alone in life. Messi doesn't seem to be an egomaniac driven by power but while you are the best you want a fair treatment. Even if you don't your woman, family, relatives friends and media will make you want those money to show you are respected. Life is more complicated and Argentinians are not known to be some Japanese samurais driven by abstract honor.
Point was more to show even if you accept Messi as being a greedy guy how does 30m a year more mean we’re not in this financial mess? It doesn’t, so his whole shitposting session the last few days is for nothing.

M3ls

Again, how is this Messi's problem?

OH, I apologize, it’s not Messi’s fault, I’ve just received a recording of Bartomeu’s negotiations with Messi about a new contract. Here is their conversation in text format:

Bartomeu says: Messi, we are ready to offer you a new contract for 4 years.

Messi says: Oh, great. I love this club and am ready to stay here until the end of my career. I am ready to sign a contract with a total salary (including bonuses) of 60 million euros. Over 4 years it will be 240 million euros.

Bartomeu says: No, we don't agree. We don't want to pay you 60 million euros a year. We want to offer you 90 million euros per year, a signing bonus of 115 million euros and a loyalty bonus of 78 million euros. So, we are ready to give you not 240 million over 4 years, but 555 million euros.

Messi says:
Oh, it's very difficult for me to accept this offer. My heart hurts a lot. After all, I love Barcelona and I am ready to play for free. But if you insist, I agree.

-----------------------------------
I apologize again, this is not Messi's problem. This recording confirms that this is not Messi's problem, Bartomeu himself offered much more than Messi wanted. And Messi had to agree, even though he was in great pain.

Last edited:

M3ls

Your words: Again, how is this Messi's problem?

This is real madness. You are ready to find the stupidest excuses.

I'm sure if you came home and suddenly found Messi having sex with your wife, the only thing you would say to him is:

- Mr. Leo, should I go get some condoms?

You would go to your room and calm yourself with thoughts - Oh, this is Messi, 8 golden balls, 1 million goals and assists. Sex with him is not considered cheating. My wife is the most faithful woman in the world.

Home of Barca Fans