Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

M3ls

how much money should he have been on per year? simple question.
Look how much Ronaldo received, for example, in the 2016-2017 season (this contract was until he was 21 years old)
He received approximately 33 million euros.

Okay, let's give Messi x2 Ronaldo's salary, that is 66 million euros.

Fair?

But Messi received a contract of 555 million euros, 115 million of which is a signing bonus and 78 million euros is a bonus for loyalty.

555 / 4 = 139 million euros per year.

Don't you think this is crazy? Wouldn't x2 of Ronaldo's salary be fair?

M3ls

It’s just funny when you swear your love to a club and get a 115 million euro SIGNING bonus and 78 million euros for loyalty.

That is, this man who shouted that he madly loves Barcelona received 115 million euros from the club for signing a contract (a signing bonus, which is usually given to free agents from other clubs for choosing your team) and a loyalty bonus in the amount of 78 million euros - 78 million euros as a guarantee that he will not leave for another club. And these are the requests of a person who madly loves the club?

M3ls

And after all this, losers come and tell me how holy Messi is, how he loves Barcelona, Messi is not to blame for Barcelona’s current financial problems. Blah blah blah.

You are crazy, your love for Messi has clouded your mind.

M3ls

2010 y.

"Si tuviera que jugar gratis lo haría. El dinero te permite vivir mejor, pero no es lo que me inspira. Yo vivo para jugar al fútbol, no por sus beneficios económicos. Además, juego por el equipo y no para mí mismo", reconoció Lionel Messi, considerado unánimemente el mejor jugador del mundo.

"If I had to play for free I would do it. Money allows you to live better, but it is not what inspires me. I live to play football, not for its economic benefits. Furthermore, I play for the team and not for myself".

malvolio

Look how much Ronaldo received, for example, in the 2016-2017 season (this contract was until he was 21 years old)

Fair?

But Messi received a contract of 555 million euros, 115 million of which is a signing bonus and 78 million euros is a bonus for loyalty.

He didn't receive that exact amount you cretin.

The projected sum would have been 555M(even though we don't know for sure) IF he/the team hit all their targets, which didn't exactly happen.

Was it "fair" that we got him for free basically? Was it "fair" that we probably paid him 1Billion for 17 years, which comes around 60M per season? Was it fair that in the mean time he made us the best club team in the world and the club with the biggest revenue in the world?

Your comparison to Ronaldo doesn't make sense, as he wasn't in the same bracket of legend status for the club he played. Real fans couldn't give a shit about him and he didn't have the same impact(sporting, marketing, financial etc) on that club as Messi did for Barca.

Last edited:

MagIX

Rookie numbers, compared to what Papa Flo will give Mbappe, just watch.

Yes, that's probably how it will be (btw for me, I don't even know if you need a player like Mbappe).
But in general, there are crazy amounts of money involved nowaday.
Anyway, it would be interesting to know how much a player of Mbappe's caliber will generate in terms of revenue. Surely, Perez knows how to do the math well.

Catta

I just wanted to point out that Leo is as responsible as Bartomeu for the current financial situation in Barcelona.
Should get permabanned for comparing anybody to the piece of shit that is Barto, let alone the biggest legend in Barcas history, a guy who in his time here was responsible for 90% of the success we had.

Franco would be proud of the damage Barto did to Barca.

Rory

Fair?

You're using incorrect stats. You're using Messi's total compensation which includes bonuses etc and comparing it just to Ronaldo's base salary.

Morten

Yes, that's probably how it will be (btw for me, I don't even know if you need a player like Mbappe).
But in general, there are crazy amounts of money involved nowaday.
Anyway, it would be interesting to know how much a player of Mbappe's caliber will generate in terms of revenue. Surely, Perez knows how to do the math well.

That players pay for themselves with shirt sales and whatever is generally a complete myth, it doesn't add up most of the time.

Making Mbappe by far the best player at the club feels wrong for me, but Perez is obsessed with him, so it is what it is.

M3ls

You're using incorrect stats. You're using Messi's total compensation which includes bonuses etc and comparing it just to Ronaldo's base salary.
555 mln.

115 loyalry bonus
78 loyalty bonus

555 - (115 + 78) = 362 mln

362 / 4 = 90 mln euw

Ronaldo received 33 million euros at that time.

Are you telling me that CR received (90-33) 57 mln euw as regular bonuses (we are talking about bonuses for example for trophies, goals scored, etc.) per year? It's a lie. For winning various tournaments, goals scored even if you are Messi, you will not receive more than 15 million euros.

In addition, you should not exclude the signing bonus and loyalty bonus here. He is a graduate of La Masia, he has played all his life in this club, he swears his love, but demands a signing bonus of 115 million euros and 78 million for loyalty? Why the hell shouldn't I take this money into account when calculating his salary?

MagIX

That players pay for themselves with shirt sales and whatever is generally a complete myth, it doesn't add up most of the time.
Absolutely agree, but not taking into account the revenues the player generates for the club, it's also not correct in order to know how much he really costs to the club. For sure Perez is not stupid and a smart businessman.
Good luck with Mbappe the diva in your dressing room.

Home of Barca Fans