Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

soul24rage

He requested signing bonus and loyalty bonus of €193 million (115,225,000 + 77,929,955). And we are talking about our club graduate, a man who swore his love to the club. He didn't even stop at just a high base salary and standard performance bonuses. But no, he wanted some kind of damn loyalty bonus and signing bonus. And in total it cost an insane 193 million euros. You are truly crazy if you want to say that Leo and his family are not greedy people.
You keep talking about the expenses only.

Tell us about the $$$ and brand recognition that he brings to the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi's salary was crazy, but he was also by far the best player at the club.

With a competent President his salary likely would have been less and we wouldn't have wasted hundreds of millions on useless players which is the reason for why we're in this situation.

When you're taking out a loan with not so great terms to pay Griezmann's 100m+ buyout clause and then make him the second highest paid player in Spain then you're asking for trouble.
And Griezmann was actually a great player, but a terrible fit. Guys like Coutinho and Dembele on the other hand....

The issue with people who have their heads up their asses like in this thread is that they rely completely on bits of information they use some shitty translator to understand, but miss the context.

Even that Messi contract leak have quite a few terms and stipulations along with milestones he needed to hit to get the full value of his contract, quite a few of them which he didn't hit because we didn't win the CL, treble and more. Still got paid hefty though north of 100m per year fixed.

M3ls

His 14-15 season is arguably the greatest ever individual club season, or at worst, second only to 10/11.

Man dropped 90 goals + assists in 14-15 (out of our 175 goals scored) and spearheaded a dominant European treble win :lol:

Then there's 18-19 where he absolutely carried us too :lol:
AND? Does this mean that he should receive 118 million euros more than De Bruyne's conditional salary? More by 118 million euros???

Man City didn't have Messi in their squad, but they were more successful than Barcelona over the last 8 years. Yes, they didn't have player with 90-goal+assist or Suarez with his 50-goal record, but they did have a balanced team with goals and assists distributed more evenly among several players.

DonAK

I'm sure the 930m the former board spent in transfer fees alone during the duration of Messi's contract didn't play a role whatsoever in our financial situation.

That's not even including agent fees which they handed out like candy nor the inflated salaries they gave almost every single player.

North of 1 billion euros in all costs included over a four year period where the best player they signed during that period is perhaps Frenkie de Jong who most people now have acknowledged is a bit overrated and not worth his salary lol.

KingLeo10

AND? Does this mean that he should receive 118 million euros more than De Bruyne's conditional salary? More by 118 million euros???

Man City didn't have Messi in their squad, but they were more successful than Barcelona over the last 8 years. Yes, they didn't have player with 90-goal+assist or Suarez with his 50-goal record, but they did have a balanced team with goals and assists distributed more evenly among several players.
Man City over the last 8 years with a GOAT manager (Pep) + unlimited oil funds - 1 CL, multiple PLs :lol:

Barcelona in Messi's last 8 years with average managers + lesser funds (and no, Messi's salary alone wasn't the reason - we are just not an oil club) - 1 CL, multiple LL :lol:

Anyway you slice it, Messi wasn't our downfall. He slowed down the downfall initiated by Rosell, Barto, and co. The only part you could argue is whether he could have slowed our downfall even more by taking less money (relative to his output). That's it.

M3ls

For real though, why are you obsessed with Ferran Torres? I don't think they like that type of stuff over there in Chechnya. Be careful so you don't end up disappearing due to your extreme Ferran desires and fantasies mate.
It is you who mention him when you lack arguments, saying - oh, you were mistaken in praising his playing abilities, which means you don’t understand football.
You are a typical clown. Don’t transfer your sexual preferences to others, in my religion there is only one treatment for people like you.

soul24rage

You are comparing Barca to a club that is backed by one of the richest men on Earth who doesn't need to worry about expenses with a competent board and a coach like Pep.

They have a $100 million player as a squad player.

Again, you are talking about expenses only. What about the $$$ and brand recognition that he brings?

DonAK

It is you who mention him when you lack arguments, saying - oh, you were mistaken in praising his playing abilities, which means you don’t understand football.
You are a typical clown. Don’t transfer your sexual preferences to others, in my religion there is only one treatment for people like you.

So I praised Semedo before he turned out to be a failure and don't understand football, but you're glazing Ferran all the time despite him being mediocre, but are a football genius? :lol:

Sit down you muppet. Why are you sitting in a cave then instead of coaching football or scouting?

DonAK

Anyway my "arguments" or posts about Messi's contract and how it affected Barca are above. Unlike a pizda with a peanut brain like you @M3ls I don't take out bits out of context without reading into the details first. While his contract certainly wasn't good for the club as you'd prefer to enforce a proper salary structure in the squad, his contract didn't "break" the club or its financial situation when the club was spending over a billion euros on transfer fees + agent fees + salary amortizations during Messi's four year contract duration.

If they had spent well or cut down the unnecessary spending they could have went 1-3 years barely spending on players and recovered a lot financially back then. This is essentially what Real Madrid did when they were rebuilding Santiago Bernabeu into a toilet bowl. If they were also smarter by not handing out shit contracts to almost every player they also wouldn't have been in this situation. Just because Messi earned an exorbitant amount of money doesn't mean that you also pay unreasonable salaries way above market rate to nearly every player in the existing squad or new signings because it's not like any of those players brought to the club merchandising-wise anywhere as close as Messi nor did they have the impact the guy had on the field either.

I also don't make up shit like "Pep probably left Barca because of Messi" when the same Pep in 2020 was ready to take him to Manchester.

M3ls

Man City over the last 8 years with a GOAT manager (Pep) + unlimited oil funds - 1 CL, multiple PLs :lol:

Barcelona in Messi's last 8 years with average managers + lesser funds (and no, Messi's salary alone wasn't the reason - we are just not an oil club) - 1 CL, multiple LL :lol:

Anyway you slice it, Messi wasn't our downfall. He slowed down the downfall initiated by Rosell, Barto, and co. The only part you could argue is whether he could have slowed our downfall even more by taking less money (relative to his output). That's it.
6 out of 8 Premier League titles.

1 victory in the Champions League.

1 final

2 semi-finals

4 quarter finals

1 Round of 16

Let's calculate the net balance of City and Barcelona starting from the 2016-2017 season and make a comparison. And then we will compare the level of salaries for this period.

KingLeo10

6 out of 8 Premier League titles.

1 victory in the Champions League.

1 final

2 semi-finals

4 quarter finals

1 Round of 16

Let's calculate the net balance of City and Barcelona starting from the 2016-2017 season and make a comparison. And then we will compare the level of salaries for this period.

:lol: :lol: So first you were saying that Messi was bringing us down since 11/12 and now you want to shift it around to 16/17 onwards (because we had a lot of success from 12-13 to 16-17 and Messi was not paid very highly back then, so it dilutes your "points") to now (Messi hasn't even been with us for 3+ years now)

You carry on dancing dawg.

M3ls

So I praised Semedo before he turned out to be a failure and don't understand football, but you're glazing Ferran all the time despite him being mediocre, but are a football genius? :lol:

Sit down you muppet. Why are you sitting in a cave then instead of coaching football or scouting?
So I never told you about Semedo until you started the Torres story. Even the greatest coaches make mistakes in transfers. This is not an indicator of understanding football. But you pointed this out as a sign that I don't understand football.

I found that being a software developer was more profitable financially than being an analyst (which I also did).

M3ls

:lol: :lol: So first you were saying that Messi was bringing us down since 11/12 and now you want to shift it around to 16/17 onwards (because we had a lot of success from 12-13 to 16-17 and Messi was not paid very highly back then, so it dilutes your "points") to now (Messi hasn't even been with us for 3+ years now)

You carry on dancing dawg.
That dude started talking about Guardiola's Man City. That’s why we started talking about the success of the club over the past 8 years.

M3ls

Anyway my "arguments" or posts about Messi's contract and how it affected Barca are above. Unlike a pizda with a peanut brain like you @M3ls I don't take out bits out of context without reading into the details first. While his contract certainly wasn't good for the club as you'd prefer to enforce a proper salary structure in the squad, his contract didn't "break" the club or its financial situation when the club was spending over a billion euros on transfer fees + agent fees + salary amortizations during Messi's four year contract duration.

If they had spent well or cut down the unnecessary spending they could have went 1-3 years barely spending on players and recovered a lot financially back then. This is essentially what Real Madrid did when they were rebuilding Santiago Bernabeu into a toilet bowl. If they were also smarter by not handing out shit contracts to almost every player they also wouldn't have been in this situation. Just because Messi earned an exorbitant amount of money doesn't mean that you also pay unreasonable salaries way above market rate to nearly every player in the existing squad or new signings because it's not like any of those players brought to the club merchandising-wise anywhere as close as Messi nor did they have the impact the guy had on the field either.

I also don't make up shit like "Pep probably left Barca because of Messi" when the same Pep in 2020 was ready to take him to Manchester.
You are starting to play differently and say more correct things, but your diagnosis remains the same - you are a clinical idiot.

If you weren’t so stupid, then you would understand that Messi’s salary caused a domino effect in the club. When one employee in your company earns 100,000 million euros, even if he is the best in his business, then other employees who are among the top 200 workers in the world begin to demand more from your company than they would get in another company(which does not have that the best employee with a salary of 100 million euros).

The vice president of Barcelona (or the financial director, I don’t remember exactly) warned Bartomeu about this effect. And there is his interview with these words.

That is why in our club many players received more than they could receive in any other club.

That is why Alemany said - we cannot sell players, because no one will pay them that much anymore.

Home of Barca Fans