Jose Mourinho

B

beautifulgame

I personally feel if we played Barca this year they'd beat us. We don't have Matic and I feel he's a necessary cog for our team in a bid to win trophies, which is why I feel our only realistic chance of a trophy is the EPL. Lightning won't strike twice. At the same time, we'll probably give you a hard game if we end up playing at some point. I do look forward to all the potential crying about bus parking too.

We look forward to "conspiracy" and "bias against English" and "that's not a red card in England " ;-)

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I have no idea how Cules can be fans of a team that has dominated Europe for the first time in their 100 year history (well maybe thats why) and have this much insecurity. Like the inferiority complex runs deep, I thought this would be a cliche by now but it isn't. Shame.

If anyone hasn't realized that Mourinho's comments were not a dig at Barcelona, because Mourinho rarely ever makes comments worth the face value, this comment was pressure on Pellegrini and the man fucked up big time. Mourinho's comment was to agitate City. How humiliated does this make City? How much of a confidence blow this is? You think their players will recover well from this? No. I mean, it is so easy, Mourinho could say something like "Pellegrini is a good coach, he took Villareal to the semi finals" and this would make every City player think "Damn, we must be shit, Bayern beat them 7-0 and this team is 1 year older, 1 year slower and more lathargic" and their form will turn to shit in the league. This is me over simplifying it but this rhetoric is true.

Of course the comment at face value seems like a dig at Barcelona, but any self respecting European champion will realize that this is a form of flattery disguised as a dig. However since 100% of you here are not self respecting European champions I don't expect you get it. I, on the other hand, who dealt with this fucker for over 5 years (Inter + Real Madrid) know all too well what he says.

His influence over the game amounts to no more than 0.001% in my opinion, but who knows? Maybe Pellegrini thought, hey I could get away with this dumb formation by playing Navas instead of Nasri since this is the worst Barca ever.

barcanuck

He will still feel some pride knowing his Chelsea are the only EPL club that realistically has a chance at the CL. They will get past Galatasaray and United should get past Olympiakos but don't have much hope after and City and Arsenal pretty much done you can bet your sweet cheeks he will chime in on his greatness.

The Observer

Yeah, overrating "mind games" a bit. Knowing Jose he was just being a dick in case City managed to win so he could say "I beat prime Barca, Pellegrini only beat the worst Barca of all time".

B

beautifulgame

I have no idea how Cules can be fans of a team that has dominated Europe for the first time in their 100 year history (well maybe thats why) and have this much insecurity. Like the inferiority complex runs deep, I thought this would be a cliche by now but it isn't. Shame.

If anyone hasn't realized that Mourinho's comments were not a dig at Barcelona, because Mourinho rarely ever makes comments worth the face value, this comment was pressure on Pellegrini and the man fucked up big time. Mourinho's comment was to agitate City. How humiliated does this make City? How much of a confidence blow this is? You think their players will recover well from this? No. I mean, it is so easy, Mourinho could say something like "Pellegrini is a good coach, he took Villareal to the semi finals" and this would make every City player think "Damn, we must be shit, Bayern beat them 7-0 and this team is 1 year older, 1 year slower and more lathargic" and their form will turn to shit in the league. This is me over simplifying it but this rhetoric is true.

Of course the comment at face value seems like a dig at Barcelona, but any self respecting European champion will realize that this is a form of flattery disguised as a dig. However since 100% of you here are not self respecting European champions I don't expect you get it. I, on the other hand, who dealt with this fucker for over 5 years (Inter + Real Madrid) know all too well what he says.

His influence over the game amounts to no more than 0.001% in my opinion, but who knows? Maybe Pellegrini thought, hey I could get away with this dumb formation by playing Navas instead of Nasri since this is the worst Barca ever.

raed you accuse everyone of being naive then you say something like that. :lol: must be a late night studying?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Clearly because blanco fans like Raed et al are in the habit of being in a perpetual state of spin, you have to if you want to be a fan & survive the onslaught of idiocy that always goes on at the club

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yeah, overrating "mind games" a bit. Knowing Jose he was just being a dick in case City managed to win so he could say "I beat prime Barca, Pellegrini only beat the worst Barca of all time".

Exactly. It's just another way of praising what "he" has achieved against a stronger Barca. Nothing but another piece of narcissism

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
We look forward to "conspiracy" and "bias against English" and "that's not a red card in England " ;-)
Well I'm talking about the crying from the members here, I don't say any of those things so it doesn't phase me. :D If Barca trounce us I'll have no excuse and give them the props they deserve.

1969169_10151991582828931_1616969838_n.jpg

B

beautifulgame

Well I'm talking about the crying from the members here, I don't say any of those things so it doesn't phase me. :D If Barca trounce us I'll have no excuse and give them the props they deserve.

1969169_10151991582828931_1616969838_n.jpg

Lol just giving you a hard time ant!

Personally I appreciate mourinho in football and as a person but of course as a professional rival he is an asshole and pain in the ass but that also speaks to how good he is at what he does but the English are deplorable in how they make him godly kinda like how some clues do with pep.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Of course, banter is all in good fun! Well until somebody gets upset, which happens sometimes LOL.

Yeah tbh if he had never joined Chelsea I don't know exactly how I'd feel about him as a rival, I've always been one of the guys who likes those who are controversial, though I'll admit some do get annoying, but as he coached Chelsea I wouldn't know which category he'd fall under. And yeah, I too feel the English have him on too high a pedestal, but he does bring a lot of entertainment to them, especially now as he's the leagues big man since Fergie is gone.

Home of Barca Fans