Johan Cruyff

DucdeOrléans

Personally (as a socio) I am a opposed to the appointment, even though Cruyff played a HUGE role in FC Barcelona. I would personally have prefered a certain Ramallets. Any Catalans in here who share the same opinion?

Last edited:

beef-supreme

Is it not just an honorary role? It's just like a way to offer him a distinction to honour his services to the club.

J

Ja Ja Binku

While IMO there is no more a deserving individual for the position,sure there's Ramallets but overall no single person alive today had a more significant impact on the club and it's culture than Cruyff. The thing is that such a position should be given by the socis of the club rather than a president on the end of his term.

It now seems like a political move by Laporta to somehow or the other maintain his presence in the club rather than truly expressing our gratitude for a legend. As always with Laporta, he does the right things yet the manner in which he does them leaves a lot to be desired.

beef-supreme

I think he should shut his mouth sometimes.

Never really had any problems with what he has said tbh, you need someone to be critical of the club and the team - sometimes people need to take of their blaugrana tinted glasses and Cruyff helps with that, or so i think.

samg85

To me this man is the Godfather of Barcelona. He learned the 4-3-3 Total Football in Ajax, brought it over to Barcelona as a coach. Pep learned it from him, and is using it to this day. So I think the people that appointed him honorary president know what they're doing.

DucdeOrléans

Más que un club: "Es casi el único club que no olvida a la gente, por eso es más que un club, esta decisión ha marcado una línea importantísima, aunque en su momento fue muy criticada. Todo esto es para mí un orgullo que haya unos directivos que tengan confianza en la gente".
El juego como objetivo primordial: "Lo más bonito de todo es cuando juegas tú. Ya se sabe que un día has de marchar y a partir de ahí tienes que buscar tu sitio. Siempre hay fallos, he tenido inversiones horrorosas, pero hay que saber muy bien lo que uno hace. Llegó la segunda etapa, la de entrenador, que además de demostrar lo que uno sabe, hay que divertirse. Una palabra mágica en mi pensamiento, siempre hay que reír".

Fútbol risa: "Quiero ver a todo el mundo riendo, y si logras que corran riendo, es una tarea fantástica".

No todo es ganar: "Están haciendo una labor importantísima con el deporte, el deporte no es sólo para ganar. Nunca en mi vida he tenido tantos elogios que cuando perdí el Mundial. La vida es mucho más que ganar. Si estás dispuesto a ayudar los demás, ellos te ayudan a tí".

Great words from Johan!

F

FCB_Titi_LB

there is a special video on a dutch site following him on the day. (NOS)
+ on his own website (cruijff.com) he said what he decided in Barca (appointment of Rijkaards and Pep as coach + the reason why he choose them and much more)

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Well, let's put things this way: cruijff's rule was more important as a coach, that was as a player... he won only one Liga and one Copa del Rey... As a coach, he win almost everything... so, this tribute is more a "coach tribute" then a "player tribute".

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans