João Laporta

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
you are too nostalgic for koeman's legendary goal i think, the team was going backwards under him even if he's better than the interim its only for a game until xavi comes in and shows us what he can do

Xavi is a golddigger and had no leadership capacity
. And this is is coming from a guy who liked him and happens to be born on a same date and same year as him. Loved him as a player but he is not capable to navigate this ship..

Messigician

Xavi is a golddigger and had no leadership capacity
. And this is is coming from a guy who liked him and happens to be born on a same date and same year as him. Loved him as a player but he is not capable to navigate this ship..

why no leadership? enrique was about to get sacked until xavi had an emergency meeting getting everyone on the same page. Watch this in case you missed it, very promising stuff

JamDav1982

One of Xavi's greatest traits is his leadership

Can look at it both ways.

Is it great leadership to think Barca played well when whipped 4-0 by likes of Bayern?

Great leaders dont always translate to great coaches anyway. They need a healthy dose of charisma to go with it these days.

khaled_a_d

One of Xavi's greatest traits is his leadership

I fully disagree, he benefited tremendously from having Puyol beside him, even his teammates didn't vote for him as team captain till he was 28 and R9 who was younger and had 1 year in the team was voted against him in 2004.
And him telling his coach "that isn't how we do things here" in front of the squad, at the age of 34 speaks really badly about his leadership

Messigician

I fully disagree, he benefited tremendously from having Puyol beside him, even his teammates didn't vote for him as team captain till he was 28 and R9 who was younger and had 1 year in the team was voted against him in 2004.
And him telling his coach "that isn't how we do things here" in front of the squad, at the age of 34 speaks really badly about his leadership

has balls

khaled_a_d

The most idiotic thing was that he was waiting for CL final to try to convince Pep to join.
Pep repeats every time he opens his mouth the last 10 years, that he will never coach Barca again..

When he knows he does not want Koeman to continue,
an agreement with a top or at least a good coach could have been reached before that.

It was his worst decision, and it constantly backfires until now.
And we haven't seen the bottom of it.
The bottom would be when Xavi fails to turn the situation around

He waited for Koeman, and then went after the likes of Flick and Nagelsman.
Sure he gave Pep a call, but he himself knew it is a courtesy call.

He himself admitted being fan of a certain German coach.

serghei

On the other hand, he accepted a bench role as team captain in 2014-15 with Rakitic getting the better minutes in the best matches. I think it's complicated, but I like Xavi as a leader.

It's very likely that Lucho talked to him, explained to him his plan and his choices, and he took them like man on the chin. He accepted his era of domination was over, even though he was far from finished as player, and went to Qatar to milk those rich dudes of their money.

He didn't overstay his welcome like these clowns did all these years. Ended his Barca career like a boss with a legendary sendoff.

Last edited:

fergus90

Nah I won't be convinced otherwise. Xavi like Puyol was one of the leader figureheads during our most successful era. As great a leader as Puyol was, he could barely stay fit from early 2010 onwards and we had plenty of success the season after he left too so he couldn't have benefitted that much.

The guy who benefitted from Puyol most was Pique in my opinion.

Birdy

He waited for Koeman, and then went after the likes of Flick and Nagelsman.
Sure he gave Pep a call, but he himself knew it is a courtesy call.

He himself admitted being fan of a certain German coach.

He knew both Flick and Nagelsman had other deals by May when he went after them (which was too late by the way. He was elected in March, he could try either the next day he assumed office...
Not to mention he didn't hold any talks with Tuchel before the latter signed for Chelsea. He could have waited for the elections if he knew from LAporta himself that he is the chosen one for the bench)
He had serious hopes he could change Pep's mind.
That's why there were no considerations of other coaches before the CL final, no names in the press.
There was an eerie silence that indicated very well what was in Laporta's mind.

If that idea was not there to begin with, not only contacting the Germans earlier could have been done, but trying to struck a deal with Ten Haag before he renewed with Ajax could have been attempted

Total-Football

Recruiting Xavi has a big advantage : either it works and we are all one big happy family. Or he fails, and we finally get over the Doxa of the Cruyfian school of thought and we move on. Because if xavi fails to implement and embody that no one will.

FC B

Laporta should've fired RK only when he had already an immediate replacement. So I guess we would've managed to beat Alaves at home with Koeman.

Recruiting Xavi has a big advantage : either it works and we are all one big happy family. Or he fails, and we finally get over the Doxa of the Cruyfian school of thought and we move on. Because if xavi fails to implement and embody that no one will.

You are too optimistic. Unfortunately imo they won't stop trying to play cruyff hardcore football even if the club will reach relegation spots. It looks like they gonna die trying over and over to revive that dead horse.

Last edited:

Messigician

Font " my solution is Xavi as well as..."

Laporta " xAVi XAvi xaVI".

Laporta's goons laugh and say he DESTROYED Font

Modern day

So Laporta what is your plan after Koeman?

Laporta " XAVI XAVI XAVI"

Home of Barca Fans