João Laporta

Gaudi

Great chat between FabRomano and Juan Marti, Sam Marsden

Few highlights:
- Laporta decided to fire Koeman on the spot, when on the plane after a short char with Yuste.
He, then, went to Koeman's seat and informed him, who in turn went to inform his assistants
Crazy incident

- Laporta does not think Xavi is ready.
His plan this season was to keep Koeman until the summer, and then hire a WC coach.
The fact that things were deteriorating with Koeman made him change his mind, but the only available at the moment was the not-ready Xavi

-Juan Marti confirms what some of us have been saying here:
Xavi wants to play exactly how Pep played in 2011, a carbon-copy 10 years later with question marks about whether he realizes the developments in football these years

Last qoute is making me depressed!

FC433

Quit your whining. Its a day for celebration.

God rid of Konman, now he is getting rid of the 4 captains. Big ballz Laporta is finally back.
Getting rid of RK will not address any of our issues. I think we could have handled the situation a lot better.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Last qoute is making me depressed!

Last part is Toni's opinion rather than coming from Laporta...same on guessing that Laporta preferred other options, and no point does he intimate thinks/thought Xavi hasn't been ready. There was discussions about tension surrounding Xavi having been a Font pick but this has been magnified more than it is

I agree with the Sport journalist however on the timing as he should've been sacked in May/June, even Laporta acknowledged that today it was an error that he accepts. It's surprising but here, I have to believe this extortionate termination clause was the basis for the reticence. I am pleased that he accepted this failure publicly

Toni also acknowledges that Puig will get into the rotation under Xavi which everyone could guess, not revelatory since Koeman had zero confidence in the player...he made similar comments about the importance of Garcia to improve with Xavi

FinBarcelonafan

Laporta: There is no transistion year at Barca.

Xavi right now:hang:

Don't believe that for a second.

No way Laporta expects us to win anything other than Cup maybe. He is no fool. Saying his political thingies. The roster ain't ready and it needs many signings. It's pretty much write off season, unless Xavi produces a miracle.

Windhook

It will be a hard transition for Xavi. Pep said today that without great players his vision wouldn't have flourished at Barca. He had fantastic players in every area at the time he arrived at the club - Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Eto'o and the declining but still clinical Henry.

Our current team is pretty much the opposite of that and I don't expect any miracles.

BBZ8800

Don't believe that for a second.

No way Laporta expects us to win anything other than Cup maybe. He is no fool. Saying his political thingies. The roster ain't ready and it needs many signings. It's pretty much write off season, unless Xavi produces a miracle.

I think that Laporta means:
= we won't give up/sell players, we will fight

If he really wants to fight, that's fine.
But even if he knows that we can't do anything, he needs to say that there is no transition and that we are aiming for all titles, because otherwise sponsors will pull out.
Sponsors want to invest in winners, not in guys who give up and end 5th and in a group stage/round of 16 of a CL and who's future is grey (like ours).

Probably a part of rumors that we are after Halaand, Kounde, Sterling is also just to act as if they are trying and as we are aiming for greatness.
They need to fool sponsors and fans.

Basically, he needs to say it to keep the future money and to prevent us from sinking even lower.

serghei

I think that Laporta means:
= we won't give up/sell players, we will fight

If he really wants to fight, that's fine.
But even if he knows that we can't do anything, he needs to say that there is no transition and that we are aiming for all titles, because otherwise sponsors will pull out.
Sponsors want to invest in winners, not in guys who give up and end 5th and in a group stage/round of 16 of a CL and who's future is grey (like ours).

Probably a part of rumors that we are after Halaand, Kounde, Sterling is also just to act as if they are trying and as we are aiming for greatness.
They need to fool sponsors and fans.

Basically, he needs to say it to keep the future money and to prevent us from sinking even lower.

We will aim for a quick bounce back no doubt. In 2-3 years we need to compete seriously for the big titles again, maybe even sooner domestically. I will expect signs of improvement as early as start of next season.

The first sign we should be seeing is us dominating the likes of Rayo, Granada and such, teams who gave Koeman hell, on a routine basis. And from then on we need to continue to improve and attack the big games better, even against rivals like Madrid, Atletico, CL teams that have better squad than us.

At the same time, Laporta has to do something and get us funds for 2-3 top transfers for a start. You can't really fight for the big titles without investing. You can improve, compared with the shitshow from Koeman era, but up to a point.

Last edited:

Gari

Tebas has revealed the economic margin that Bar?a has in the next transfer window: "They have over 20 million euros to sign players and, then, for the coach, there is a special clause when there is a layoff that they can use. I think it is 4% more ".In general, is it legal that he constantly spreads Barca's finances for general review?

Birdy

Last part is Toni's opinion rather than coming from Laporta...same on guessing that Laporta preferred other options, and no point does he intimate thinks/thought Xavi hasn't been ready. There was discussions about tension surrounding Xavi having been a Font pick but this has been magnified more than it is

The fact that Laporta i) preferred other options, ii) thinks Xavi is not ready
is not an opinion, it's journo info

Many journalists have confirmed that, Laporta himself and his environment has leaked that quite a few times since March

JerseyAddict

Tebas has revealed the economic margin that Bar?a has in the next transfer window: "They have over 20 million euros to sign players and, then, for the coach, there is a special clause when there is a layoff that they can use. I think it is 4% more ".In general, is it legal that he constantly spreads Barca's finances for general review?

Tebas is either anudior or cunt. Probably both.

Home of Barca Fans