Iconic Pictures in Sports

Aasim

Bumbleman
Borg-Sampras-Federer-Lave-001.jpg

Moe

powered by;
Federer crying after he lost to Nadal on the last set in Australian Open (I think)

197578-federer_cry.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some nice pictures so far guys! I don't mean to degrade but ashes and cricket or few others... Common guys, we are talking global here.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
For people in England and Oz those images are iconic. Obviously cricket has zero appeal to 99% of other Europeans but the question of whether something is "iconic" or not is extremely subjective.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Guardian and I are the only people with a brain on this whole forum.

Hi-five for us Danny!

Your pictures were the first ones that came to mind when I saw the topic title, but I wouldn't say that the Gazza crying pic isn't iconic..

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
alg_brandi_chastain_then.jpg

Brandi Chastain after scoring the winning PK to win the Women's World Cup for the US

100.jpeg

Wilt Chamberlain after scoring 100 points on March 2 1962 in an NBA game. Still a record to this day.

michael-jordan-scottie-pippen.jpg

Scottie Pippen carrying Michael Jordan off of the court after MJ's epic performance in game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals. Stricken with the flu, barely conscious throughout the 1st q, after Utah took a 16 point lead heading in to the 2nd quarter Michael Jordan took over.

miracle.jpg

the Miracle on Ice.

dream%20team.jpg

The Dream Team (the only basketball team that can ever be referred to as the 'Dream Team')

The%20Tackle.jpg

Keenan Dyson comes within inches of tying the Superbowl on the last play of the game.

Derek%20Redmon%20in%20Barcelona.jpg

Derek Richmond tore his Achilles while running at the 92 Olympics, his father ran on to the track to help his son cross the finish line.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Some nice pictures so far guys! I don't mean to degrade but ashes and cricket or few others... Common guys, we are talking global here.

Those pictures that Irv posted have no appeal outside North America. Women's World Cup? Come on.

Home of Barca Fans