Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Nazario1985

We had a squad with some bums + La masia players that where clearly rising up from the lower teams, we only needed intelligent signings and management ...
Xavi/Deco came and gave us even more bums with high salaries.
1. Ferran : Has 42M$ remaining to pay and be out at 26y/o
2. Inigo : Has 20M$ remaining to pay and be out at 34y/o
3. Romeu : Has 11.5M$ remaining to pay and be out at 35y/o

This players unlike Roque can't be sold unless we find a more stupid club, (which I don't know if he is good or bad since Xavi is butthurt apparently and wont let him play enough).

That's my main problem with him more than his not-going anywhere tactics.

Messi983

He is not a journalist or an analyst dude
He is the fucking COACH of the team he is talking about. He should not complain and whine
It's demoralizing, defeatist,
and above all, if you combine it with his other statements, it comes out that this dude thinks he is THE COACH that is being limited by the quality of the squad

while coaches like Michel with 10 times worse squad have played 20 times better football.

This entitlement and this defeatism is unacceptable from a Barcelona coach
I am sure you will never see similar attitude from Flick not anyone else

No, he just gave a honest answer. That's not complaining but being realistic.

Anyway, I think you give way too much importance to what is said on pressers. It's usually just coaches talk. Personally I don't care about that too much.

What's important is the message he sends to the players inside the locker room and I think Xavi mostly did well there to keep them united even if some of them were unhappy. That's the most important part of squad management imo.

We'll see how Flick will handle things if he won't be off to a good start. Especially since most media and fans are on Xavi's side after how he was sacked and it's clear Flick is Laporta's personal choice.

El Barcelona

Flick's work starts today. He needs to analyze the player's strengths and create a system that will suit them if he wants to succeed. Barca doesn't have the finances, nor the will to transform the squad and if he tries to press players into a system they don't have their strengths in, it'll be a disaster from the start.
I wish him all the best and really hope he'll prove me wrong in being against his appointment.
Read some rumors that Flick is well prepared for this job and that's how he convinced Laporta and changed Deco's mind about his appointment. All can be bullshit ofcourse, time will tell.

khaled_a_d

We had a squad with some bums + La masia players that where clearly rising up from the lower teams, we only needed intelligent signings and management ...
Xavi/Deco came and gave us even more bums with high salaries.
1. Ferran : Has 42M$ remaining to pay and be out at 26y/o
2. Inigo : Has 20M$ remaining to pay and be out at 34y/o
3. Romeu : Has 11.5M$ remaining to pay and be out at 35y/o

This players unlike Roque can't be sold unless we find a more stupid club, (which I don't know if he is good or bad since Xavi is butthurt apparently and wont let him play enough).

That's my main problem with him more than his not-going anywhere tactics.

None of those names are Deco signings. Alemany was the one doing business for first team last summer and before that. Deco was allowed to do some B team signings (Darvich, Faye, attempts to get Arda) nd he was influential in Roque deal as he was our lead scout in SA.

We have no idea yet how good or bad Deco is.

Nazario1985

None of those names are Deco signings. Alemany was the one doing business for first team last summer and before that. Deco was allowed to do some B team signings (Darvich, Faye, attempts to get Arda) nd he was influential in Roque deal as he was our lead scout in SA.

True, missed it, Deco was only for Roque.
Nonetheless Xavi was the manager.

Porque

Agreed. Adding to this we only have a few whispers of what Deco is looking for.

- Fresneda > Cancelo
- Arda Guler
- Bergvall
- Gabriel Moscardo
- Onana

And of course the endorsement of Roque, though the interest in him predates Deco's involvement at the club at a full time level.

Of those names only Fresneda is questionable, who may still come good.

Without PSG interest perhaps Moscardo could have been attained in the winter ahead of Roque- injury withstanding.

Seems he has a good eye for talent, but his direction and Xavi's were polar opposites. Xavi wanted guarantee's and players that he believe could walk into the system. Guys like Roberto, Dani Alves, Marcos Alonso, Ferran, Morata, Inigo, Azpiculeta, Oriol Romeu, Zubimendi, Dani Olmo.

You see where you get if you go all in down that road.

Goat10

No, he just gave a honest answer. That's not complaining but being realistic.

Anyway, I think you give way too much importance to what is said on pressers. It's usually just coaches talk. Personally I don't care about that too much.

What's important is the message he sends to the players inside the locker room and I think Xavi mostly did well there to keep them united even if some of them were unhappy. That's the most important part of squad management imo.

We'll see how Flick will handle things if he won't be off to a good start. Especially since most media and fans are on Xavi's side after how he was sacked and it's clear Flick is Laporta's personal choice.

This isn’t a russian novel where honesty and love always thrives at the end, plus honesty is a two way street.

Xavi has had a chance to use his so-called honesty and admit that he had an inexperienced staff, not so well equipped to handle a team like Barcelona and accepted the overhaul laporta proposed.

It is a man’s prerogative to take on the pressure silently. But when a man is paid millions of dollars to do so but still whines about it, he’s a bitch in my book.

Loki

Read some rumors that Flick is well prepared for this job and that's how he convinced Laporta and changed Deco's mind about his appointment. All can be bullshit ofcourse, time will tell.
Nah, I believe it. It would be extremly unprofessional to take a coach if he doesn't convince you. I'm sure there were many meetings between them and what Flick told them had convinced them, that he needs to lead the first team instead of Xavi.
If it was just talk or not, we'll see next season.

Home of Barca Fans