Gai Assulin

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
are you stupid are something,

Really?...After writing that, you really think you're in a position to ask such a question?

we all said he didn't develop the way people expected, why are you asking that question.

I think you're still unfamiliar with the definition of overrated.

But at a young age, he deserved the hype, so does gerard, so did bojan

Somehow Gai gets lumped in with Gerard & Bojan?...Two players who showed technical superiority to Gai at an even earlier age AND performed on the International level?...You're trying to build an argument based on a faulty comparison, Gai was not at either of their levels at a similar age...He's been hyped, to be sure, but all the more reason to described him as overrated since he was rated beyond what he actually was.

Because they made the players they were/are playing against look shit, can't say he was overrated, when he made everyone he played against in his age group look like shit.

Much like rooney,messi,robinho, ext did

Now Gai is being compared to Messi, Rooney & Robinho?...Just pass the pipe

because some didn't develop like we expected doesn't make them overrated, they simply did not fulfill their potential, something completely different.

Rating a youth prospect does involve projection...Sometimes those projections are accurate (Bojan, Gerard thus far, Cesc, Messi, Pique, Thiago, JDS, etc.)...And sometimes they are not (Gai) and thereby are befitting of the label of overrated

Kaka is overrated
a young kid that was excellent at a young age, didn't live up to his potential

Is this the same Kaka who won the Ballon D'Or?...FIFA World Player of the Year?...CL winner with AC?...World Cup winner?...Yes, I see you have a grasp on what constitutes failing to live up to potential :rolleyes:

Trequartista

The good
Gai just didn't learn to look up while dribbling has he got older, which is what really fucked him.

something gerard is doing right now as well, and messi use to do, but drew out of it

From what I have seen from him lately also,he lloks a player who runs a lot with no end product,he runs and runs but he offers no help to his teammates,Jeffren also has this problem and thats why I never rated Jeffren but maybe he will surprise us and develop in an unexpected way(At least for me),Gerard is a great talent,his only problem right now is over-dribbling But I am sure that he will learn when to dribble,when to pass,when to move without the ball instead of taking the ball and trying to dribble but all of those problems can be solved with a good manager with the help of Gerard himself,even Messi at such age,used to run and dribble only

jamrock

Really?...After writing that, you really think you're in a position to ask such a question?

I think you're still unfamiliar with the definition of overrated.

Somehow Gai gets lumped in with Gerard & Bojan?...Two players who showed technical superiority to Gai at an even earlier age AND performed on the International level?...You're trying to build an argument based on a faulty comparison, Gai was not at either of their levels at a similar age...He's been hyped, to be sure, but all the more reason to described him as overrated since he was rated beyond what he actually was.

Now Gai is being compared to Messi, Rooney & Robinho?...Just pass the pipe

Rating a youth prospect does involve projection...Sometimes those projections are accurate (Bojan, Gerard thus far, Cesc, Messi, Pique, Thiago, JDS, etc.)...And sometimes they are not (Gai) and thereby are befitting of the label of overrated

Is this the same Kaka who won the Ballon D'Or?...FIFA World Player of the Year?...CL winner with AC?...World Cup winner?...Yes, I see you have a grasp on what constitutes failing to live up to potential :rolleyes:

I use rooney and the likes to illustrate an example, to show that they were clearly better than the other players in their age group.

which is way everyone rated them, much like gai, they lived up to their his potential, unlike some others.

when did gai get to show what he has at international level, the kid plays for fucking Israel, you fool.

"International level", HA HA, if anything gai has shown more because he has actually played more games at international level than either gerard are bojan

Kaka is overrated
Messi is overrated
Pele is overrated

one can say these things, as these players played at the highest level, and depending on where you fall, you may are may not rate them.

But how they hell are you going to say a kid at 16 is overrated, who has done good things at his level overrated

He didn't develop well, simply has

if you can said i think he was a shit player it would have made more sense

I've said that about a lot of youngsters, but until they have played at this highest level and archived a few things, i never say they are overrated

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I use rooney and the likes to illustrate an example, to show that they were clearly better than the other players in their age group.

I know why you used those examples but they were ridiculous examples...Apples to oranges rather than apples to apples...How many hyped kids at 16 suddenly turned into has beens at 19?...Compare it to that, not players who became world stars

when did gai get to show what he has at international level, the kid plays for fucking Israel, you fool.

Now while I may agree that Israel shouldn't be a recognized country on the international level, they do play international football...He has also been called up for NT matches and done nada...Hence my comparison, what's your excuse?

Kaka is overrated
Messi is overrated
Pele is overrated

Well, if nothing else, Gai can feel good to know he's been lumped in with Kaka, Leo & Pele.

But how they hell are you going to say a kid at 16 is overrated, who has done good things at his level overrated

There's a nice vid on some Turkish or Georgian phenom who is 10 years old or something...If he fails to develop into a world class player, would he not be overrated?...However, in Gai's case, his rating and hype never fit the player...He never, even apart from all those injuries he sustained, showed technical class...He showed workrate and speed...And last I checked, those are about a dime a dozen...But, hey, he had nice long hair so maybe that means something

He didn't develop well, simply has

Hence, overrated

jamrock

Oh boy i give up, you are comparing gerard playing well against other 17 year old, to gai at 17 playing against grown ass men, and saying one didn't do anything at international level. JESUS

No a 10 year old cannot be classified as overrated,

I'm sure as hell happy the people at la masia are nothing like you,

If you said you think he is/was a piss poor player from day one, it would make more sense

for example, i thought Terron was a shit piss more player from the minute i saw him, but i don't think he was overrated, what had he done is his career from be to say such a thing

Chyga: Overrated

A kid playing defender at 16, is either good enough or he isn't

no overrated underrated at that age.

N

nejcf15

today, i heard man city signed him. anyone knows something about it?

desoe

Now they'll probably loan him to Swansea, Cardiff or Hull.

Next year I expect a move to Turkey or Russia and probably a return to Israel follows next. Such a wonderful career it would be.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Really sad that Assulin didn´t develop into what we all imagined. Giovani dos Santos still beats him though on that list of disappointments.

Now they'll probably loan him to Swansea, Cardiff or Hull.

Next year I expect a move to Turkey or Russia and probably a return to Israel follows next. Such a wonderful career it would be.
:lol: How much stick will Pep get if he actuality delivers though? (It was Pep's choice to let him go for free right?)

ViolentLogic

Whatever you do Gai, don't go to Ipswich.

Maybe you will discover uber latent talent one day and make it big at Arsenal.

All the best however.

Good luck at City.

Co0ter

Don't know if anyone has been keeping tabs on Gai but apparently Manchester City has signed him. Just figured I'd bring it up for conversation sake ;)

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
meh...did not turn out :( but when i saw him play a couple matches he never put his head up and he never grew out of it

Home of Barca Fans