Gai Assulin

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not overrated,3 or 4 years ago he was considered the best player in our academy,its all about developing and he failed to develop into a better player

I think that's the definition of being overrated, actually...Overhyped even...He was built up to be this sensation to be coming out of La Masia but has never actually done anything on a bigger stage to warrant the hype...Overrated is a fitting tag for him, atm

Trequartista

The good
I think that's the definition of being overrated, actually...Overhyped even...He was built up to be this sensation to be coming out of La Masia but has never actually done anything on a bigger stage to warrant the hype...Overrated is a fitting tag for him, atm

3 or 4 years ago,he wasnt overrated,he had the talent to be a world beater but thats doesnt make him overrated for not making it here,we cannot predict what can happend to a footballer,Noone could have predicted that 16 years old Messi is going to be world's best player,we can say A player has the potential to become a first teamer but does this mean he will make it?no for sure because that depend on many things Developement,Injures,attitude,self confidence,taking chances,number of players in the first team in your position,I am sure that if you have seen him 3 or 4 years ago,you could have said what a talent instead of Overrated,an overrated player is a player who gets a credit he doesnt deserve.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What's the basis for saying a player of 16 deserves the hype that he had?....The world of football is littered with 'potential' breakout stars left & right...And, no, they don't all have to be Messi to be deemed a success...But Barca typically keeps their own if the potential matches reality and in Gai's case, that certainly doesn't appear to be the case.

For me, anyway, I can't ever deem hype or rating on a player as being accurate when they are 16-19...It's speculative at that point...And overrating merely means they were rated greater than they deserved...In hindsight, wrt Gai, that certainly would seem to fill that definition

Trequartista

The good
What's the basis for saying a player of 16 deserves the hype that he had?....The world of football is littered with 'potential' breakout stars left & right...And, no, they don't all have to be Messi to be deemed a success...But Barca typically keeps their own if the potential matches reality and in Gai's case, that certainly doesn't appear to be the case.

For me, anyway, I can't ever deem hype or rating on a player as being accurate when they are 16-19...It's speculative at that point...And overrating merely means they were rated greater than they deserved...In hindsight, wrt Gai, that certainly would seem to fill that definition
I didnt say that he deserves the hype,No U-22 player deserves to be hyped because noone knows what will happen tommorow,he couldnt live up with the hype like most of the younngesters,I fear that the same will happen with Gerard Deulofeu

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I didnt say that he deserves the hype,No U-22 player deserves to be hyped because noone knows what will happen tommorow,he couldnt live up with the hype like most of the younngesters,I fear that the same will happen with Gerard Deulofeu

I think that's a poor comparison, tbh...Deulofeu has shined...Both for Barca and for the NT...Gai has only teased in that regard...Now, Gerard, IMHO, has other issues that may keep him from reaching his potential but I think it's a discredit to the Spaniard to be compared to Assulin in terms of who is overrated or overhyped.

Trequartista

The good
I think that's a poor comparison, tbh...Deulofeu has shined...Both for Barca and for the NT...Gai has only teased in that regard...Now, Gerard, IMHO, has other issues that may keep him from reaching his potential but I think it's a discredit to the Spaniard to be compared to Assulin in terms of who is overrated or overhyped.

Gai played withhis national team being only 16 or 17 I guess(I know its Israel but he was too young then),he was linked with a move to Chelsea,Arsenal,others,Gerard is better at the same age for sure and have a far better potential but we will see what happens to him,we are treating him also in a very smart way

jamrock

This Fcbarca guy has no idea, what he is talking about

if you saw Gai at gerards age, you would be amazed, if anything he was better.

The kid was crazy at a young age, but as mido said you are never sure how these kids will develop.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This Fcbarca guy has no idea, what he is talking about

if you saw Gai at gerards age, you would be amazed, if anything he was better.

The kid was crazy at a young age, but as mido said you are never sure how these kids will develop.

The world is littered with 'crazy at a young age' players...That hardly translates to a player deserving their hype...I'd contend, as well, that Gai (Even 3 years Gerard's senior) never was as technical as Gerard...Gai had/has speed...Deulofeu has both technical skills and speed...In terms of hyping or rating, Gerard's is currently 'deserving' of his whereas Gai had never met his hype...Hence, overrated.

But hey, I guess that's why so many clubs have fallen over themselves to get this highly rated player since his release from Barca, eh?

Trequartista

The good
The world is littered with 'crazy at a young age' players...That hardly translates to a player deserving their hype...I'd contend, as well, that Gai (Even 3 years Gerard's senior) never was as technical as Gerard...Gai had/has speed...Deulofeu has both technical skills and speed...In terms of hyping or rating, Gerard's is currently 'deserving' of his whereas Gai had never met his hype...Hence, overrated.

But hey, I guess that's why so many clubs have fallen over themselves to get this highly rated player since his release from Barca, eh?
Gai at 16 for free could have been the most sought after player in the world

jamrock

are you stupid are something, we all said he didn't develop the way people expected, why are you asking that question.

But at a young age, he deserved the hype, so does gerard, so did bojan

why

Because they made the players they were/are playing against look shit, can't say he was overrated, when he made everyone he played against in his age group look like shit.

Much like rooney,messi,robinho, ext did

because some didn't develop like we expected doesn't make them overrated, they simply did not fulfill their potential, something completely different.

Kaka is overrated
a young kid that was excellent at a young age, didn't live up to his potential

two totally different things, learn the difference

Trequartista

The good
Deulofeu has been sought after since he was 14...And unlike Gai, he has actually produced on the international stage already

I havent see a lot from Gai at such a young age but he has half of Europe chasing him,I think that Gerrad is better at the same age but that doesnt mean that he will be a better player but we should settle for saying that he has the potential to become a superb player,whether he will be really a world class player or not is another issue because it depends on so many things and above all it depends on him.

jamrock

Gai just didn't learn to look up while dribbling has he got older, which is what really fucked him.

something gerard is doing right now as well, and messi use to do, but drew out of it

Home of Barca Fans