FC Barcelona B

Messi983

1-0 win against Cornella despite missing Faye, Bernal and Darvich who are on international duty. Alexis Olmedo made his debut in place of Mika Faye and apparently did well.

Percan scored the only goal after a good assist from Mbacke. BTW, am I the only one who think he could have a future at RB? Not here obviously but has played well when used there.

Messi983

Game vs Osasuna B starts in 10 minutes. Mbacke and Percan are suspended and Darvich is injured.

GKAu4xAWAAAPl2c

Messi983

Great comeback against Osasuna B.

Gerard Martin is suspended for game against Arenteiro. Most irreplaceable player for Rafa this season. He has played full 90 minutes in all games so far. Fort will probably replace him although Sport also mentioned a possibility of Faye playing LB and Sergi Dominguez joining Mbacke at CB.

Gerard Martín accumulates 2,700 minutes out of a possible 2,700. Located on the left side of the Barça defense, the former Cornellà player has not moved from there in the 30 games played. The one from Sant Andreu de la Barca had been 'playing with fire' with four yellow cards, one away from the sanction, since the duel with Rayo Majadahonda since February 18. He has endured five white glove games, without receiving a card, but in the sixth, in Pamplona, he ended up seeing his fifth of the season.

There is a very significant data of the 2,700 uninterrupted minutes of the Barcelonan. He is the field player who has missed the fewest minutes (zero, in his case) counting Primera, Segunda A and the entire Primera RFEF. Lejeune (missed 92') in First Division, Enric Franquesa (missed 39') in Second A are the ones who have played the most in these categories.

Enric Franquesa mentioned in article is also a former La Masia player who IIRC was quite highly rated going through youth ranks back in the days but never made a breakthrough not even in Barca B. Didn't really keep up with how he's doing so I've checked.

He turned 27 a month ago and spent most of his career in Segunda (over 100 games) but also played 16 games (most off the bench) for Levante in La Liga three years ago. This season Levante loaned him to Leganes where he is a part of the best defense in Segunda and his team currently sits 5 points clear at the top of the table with 9 rounds left. Don't know if Leganes have a buy option but would assume they would like to keep Franquesa if they are promoted.

Porque

Edu Sanchez is not injured anymore but won't be trusted? I had hopes he could have been a rough diamond but I guess not.

Gerard Martin has been an excellent signing. Another one of those Akieme deals. I suspect he will have offers as it seems Andorra will be going down, while we might be going up, and if we do I hope we can keep him.

khaled_a_d

Edu Sanchez is not injured anymore but won't be trusted? I had hopes he could have been a rough diamond but I guess not.
This is most likely a lost year for him due to injuries and being a new player, same as Trilli.
Could be a lost career, but maybe they can bounce back.

Messi983

Edu is still only 18, wouldn't write him off yet.

Trilli also had injury problems at Depor AFAIK so less likely to make it imo.

Messi983

Looks like Faye LB.

La defensa del Barça Atlètic se podría organizar así. Casadó falso lateral derecho. Olmedo y Mbacke en el eje y Faye de lateral izquierdo.

GKkx1LnW0AA9rk-

Porque

Team was a great watch that 45. Complete control.

Back three btw. Olmedo has been good. Though opponents not offering much.

Faye looking super confident. The "just been told he is part of the first team next year" kind of confident.

jamrock

Barca forum should be 100% behind marquez being the next Senior team coach, he's doing great with the B team, which is what they all asked for.

Home of Barca Fans