FC Barcelona B

Porque

Easy game with the sending off. Guys like Edu Sanchez may just get a few minutes.

BTW, wouldn't be too shocked to see for Las Palmas go for Gerard Martin.

Porque

How is the partnership between Faye and Mbacke so far?

They have been solid.

We are basically playing with, at worst, a LaLiga2 level partnership considering Mbacke was starting in LaLiga2 last season and Faye is a very good prospect.

I probably didn't give him enough credit at the time considering his first team exploits, but Faye-Cubarsi were better which may have been down to Cubarsi's ball playing and organization.

I previously stated that Faye had to help Cubarsi out a number of times, and he did, but now pairing with Mbacke he has been exposed a little bit more. And seems to be in the Kounde vein of having a big-ish error in him per game.

EDIT

Wish that add that we should probably keep Mbacke if we can wittle down his buyout clause, or another seasons loan.

We have had the luxury of having guys like Marmol, Chadi and the rest come through the B team in recent years for comparison. And if we don't keep him there will probably be another.

So if I were to compare then he is around that Marmol level, or the guy who went to Swiss league and done we but got a long term injury (name escapes me atm).

So he is a good player who can probably play LaLiga.

Last edited:

Messi983

El muro Senegalese

There was quite a scare when I thought Faye was seriously injured yesterday but luckily got back and played until the end.

In other news Garrido got injured only 7 minutes after coming on and he'll be out for around 3 months. So probably already finished the season unless we get into promotion playoffs.

Messi983

And seems to be in the Kounde vein of having a big-ish error in him per game.

Rafa pretty much thinks the same...

"It has unique conditions that make it different from many. He's got a lot of potential: he's fast, he's strong, he's got a good header, he's got a good left foot. Normally, you don't find so many left-footed centre-backs, so you have to keep working," he said.

However, Márquez once again insisted on the aspect that he considers key for him to improve in order to succeed with the first team. "I think he has the conditions, but he needs maybe a little more concentration. He doesn't relax at certain points of the game. But it's a great profile to keep working on and hopefully one day I can get the chance in the first team."

Tbf good for Rafa as a former great CB to recognize this problem and hopefully will work with Faye to improve on that aspect of his game. He's still young and playing on a higher level he's ever played before but making the next step will be even harder.

Pradugna

They have been solid.

We are basically playing with, at worst, a LaLiga2 level partnership considering Mbacke was starting in LaLiga2 last season and Faye is a very good prospect.

I probably didn't give him enough credit at the time considering his first team exploits, but Faye-Cubarsi were better which may have been down to Cubarsi's ball playing and organization.

I previously stated that Faye had to help Cubarsi out a number of times, and he did, but now pairing with Mbacke he has been exposed a little bit more. And seems to be in the Kounde vein of having a big-ish error in him per game.

EDIT

Wish that add that we should probably keep Mbacke if we can wittle down his buyout clause, or another seasons loan.

We have had the luxury of having guys like Marmol, Chadi and the rest come through the B team in recent years for comparison. And if we don't keep him there will probably be another.

So if I were to compare then he is around that Marmol level, or the guy who went to Swiss league and done we but got a long term injury (name escapes me atm).

So he is a good player who can probably play LaLiga.
Arnau comas he went to fc Basel.He has been so unfortunate with injuries.But in his first season he was so impressive that I thought he will secure a top 5 league transfer but after injuries he have been underwhelming.

Messi983

Good 1st half, struggled a lot in 2nd after conceding early.

Casado was easily man of the 1st half, moving between RB and DM, also assisted for Pau Victor's goal but was subbed out just a minute into second half (must be an injury but no idea why he wasn't subbed at HT then) and we lost control of the game without him and Moha trying to play his role with much less success.

Good to see Darvich getting his first full 90 minutes. Did well in 1st half showing some nice chemistry with Pau Victor, then went missing playing more on the wing for majority of the 2nd but finished the game strong again.

Messi983

4-2 win against CD Teruel today. Unbeaten in last 9 games (7 wins) and 2nd on the table, just one point behind Deportivo. Great first goal by Naim, nice to see Darvich scoring as well.

⚽️ Naim García (0-1, 5')
⚽️ Mbacke(0-2, 24')
⚽️ Noah Darvich (0-3, 42')
⚽️ Aitor Pascual (1-3, 60')
⚽️ Naim García (1-4, 77')
⚽️ Astralaga (p.p) (2-4, 90'+1')

khaled_a_d

This is my take with Faye tbh.
He is mistake prone especially positionally, while not being as athletic as advertised to cover for it or to warrant the hype.

His potential is being a Kounde, which would be massive for us if it happens for sure, but he is years away from it.

I am still convinced we should let him go if we get any offer above 10M tbh.

Let some other club experience the growing pains he will have. Riad and Cubarsi have us covered for fordeable future for the young CB position.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans