FC Barcelona B

tacticvarium

From what I read Palencia, Cucurella, Ortola and Alfaro are out with injuries for the opening game of the season tonight in Valladolid ...

Hopefully nothing serious and just minor injuries ...

Official: Cucurella has suffered a thigh injury, he will be out for approximately 3 weeks [fcb]
Official: Palencia has suffered an ankle injury, he will be out for approximately 5 weeks [fcb]

Not sure about the other two.
I think Palencia and Cucu's injuries might be due to their playing style like how Puyol had to suffer many minor injuries through his career. I love how they give their everything on the pitch every match but I hope they learn how to control the intensity of their game to avoid injuries.

tacticvarium

Barcelona B line-up (official) vs. Valladolid:
Varo - Tarín Fali Martínez Miranda - Aleñá Busquets Galarreta - Vitinho Lozano Cardona

Nice to see Oriol Busi starting the game.

tacticvarium

Well, Vitinho is clearly behind Aleñá and Galarreta at the moment and I would rather bench him to give more playing time to either Abel Ruiz or Pérez.
So it's still an advantage to him starting the game anyways though he might prefer to play as a midfielder.
And yeah it sucks Tarin as RB. Morer was supposed to take the spot.

God Serena

Fali and Martinez are easily the worst CB's Barca B has. Tarin, Bueno, and Cuenca are all superior, imo. Makes sense to see Tarin getting minutes as he's a captain and one of the coach's favorites but why not just play him at CB and give Morer his...

Oh. First Barca B game probably isn't a good time for a Juvenil player to make their debut. It actually dawned on me as I was typing this :lol:

tacticvarium

Fali and Martinez are easily the worst CB's Barca B has. Tarin, Bueno, and Cuenca are all superior, imo. Makes sense to see Tarin getting minutes as he's a captain and one of the coach's favorites but why not just play him at CB and give Morer his...

I would agree with your first opinion haha.
I know it won't be easy for a player who was just promoted to B team start the game but the team is there to develop our own players not only to earn points. Morer is not the best RB talent in La Masia but he still deserves to start the game.
Besides, Miranda who was just promoted to Juv A this season is called up and starting the game. It's not fair for Morer.

tacticvarium

Lopez's team has always been sloppy when it comes to defense and the two CBs on the pitch are terrible and it makes hard for Tarin to cover the space by himself but it looks also clear that he shouldn't play as RB. He seems often confused where to position and whom to mark when 2 vs 1.

Home of Barca Fans