FC Barcelona B

Xavinho

Well who the hell is he I wonder

He's a CM who came through Athletic Club's youth system. He'll turn 24 in a few weeks so probably not a prospect for the first team, but he has a lot of experience in the segunda division. Valverde must know him.

Messi983

He was quite highly rated among Bilbao fans 5-6 years ago but then his progression stalled because of injuries.

Highlights against RM Castilla in 2013.

[youtube]2aiC64YG90w[/youtube]

That was about 3 months after he returned from cruciate ligament rupture that made him miss almost entire season 2012/13 and one month later he again suffered the same injury so he again missed rest of the 2013/14. He stayed healthy since then and was loaned to Zaragoza and Leganes and then signed with Numancia (where he apparently had a very good season) last summer after he was released by Bilbao. Valverde didn't really count on him in Athletic because he had better options in midfield but he knows him well and there were rumours he proposed the club to sign him for B team.

Messi983

So including new players (also those that are rumoured to sign with us soon) the team looks something like that so far...

GK: Ortola, Ezkieta, Varo?/Puig
RB: Palencia, Nili
CB: Bueno, Konyk, Tarin, Martinez, Vilanova?, Quintilla?
LB: Cucurella, Samu Araujo
DM: Fali, Sarsanedas?, Oriol Busquets?
CM: Alena, Vitinho, Ruiz de Galarreta, Carbonell?, Kaptoum?, Usman Mohammed??
RW: Alfaro?, Carles Perez?
CF: Cardona, Choco Lozano
LW: Mujica?, Abeledo?

I think we are set in goal and defense. Both Vilanova and Quintilla will probably leave. Could maybe get another more experienced CB that can potentially also play another position (DM/RB/LB?) if needed to also get more depth at those position(s). Don't know if Vitinho can also play on the wings (I'd prefer for him to adapt at CM position if that's where his potentially future lies in first team) and if Gerard intends to use him there then we'll possibly sign another CM depending on what will happen with Carbonell and Kaptoum. There are a lot of question marks at both winger positions and we'll probably get one or two new players although Cardona and Lozano could play there to keep them both in lineup.

It's really a shame they won't find a spot for Lee but hopefully he'll only leave on loan to Segunda team. Might be wrong but don't think he's ready for Primera yet so he probably wouldn't play much if we loan him to La Liga club.

Starting XI would probably look like: Ortola; Palencia, Bueno, Martinez, Cucu; Alena, Fali, De Galarreta; Vitinho, Lozano, Cardona

xXKonan

DEjq8JAXYAAbu7O.jpg

Palencia,Cucu,Alena,Vitinho and Ortolá training for Preseason with the First team.

Messi983

Albert Roge reporting that Alasana Manneh will be promoted and make preseason with Barça B then Gerard will decide whether he'll stay or leave on loan. Don't know much about him. Is he good?

Jallo

Albert Roge reporting that Alasana Manneh will be promoted and make preseason with Barça B then Gerard will decide whether he'll stay or leave on loan. Don't know much about him. Is he good?
The only thing I know about him is that he is good at shooting from distance and can split the defence with a great pass.

xXKonan

[tw]886625379305349120[/tw]

25 Players announced that will start B team preseason tomorrow.

[tw]886625774702407680[/tw]

Sergi Puig, Lee, Guillemenot, Braima Fati and Quintillà will start "Later" but those guys are either being loaned out or will leave. Says Alena,Palencia,Cucu,Ortola, and Vitinho are with the First team for Preseason and again no mention of Marlon coming back to the B team.

[tw]886638400232718337[/tw]

Club has yet to announce Samu Araujo and Mariano Konyk. Both Capdevila and Roge find it strange in that regard.

God Serena

Surprising to see Villanova is still somehow with the B team. I guess his dad being of such influence at the club is good for something.

khaled_a_d

Surprising to see Villanova is still somehow with the B team. I guess his dad being of such influence at the club is good for something.

They will probably try to push him as much as they can to be professional footballer with a career in Liga or segunda. Won't hate them for that considering that he will be taking 5th or 4th CB spot

Home of Barca Fans