European Super League

Birdy

" 2 divisions in total, 20 teams in each
• All European leagues can qualify"

I wanna know more about these [MENTION=19910]Sterlingfan2000[/MENTION]

2 Divisions means a Europa League type 'SL 2' for the weaker teams?
And how will the cutoff de determined?

20 teams in the 1st division sound a bit too much, but what do they mean 'All European LEagues'?
This takes away the advantage of the SL over CL: not to see the too strong top2-3 of England, Spain, GErmany against the champions of Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, etc

messi2140

6racies Xavi
New CL format:
https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1499394719721402370

I mean the UEFA doesn't make it easy to root for them against ESL :lol: [MENTION=5226]El Gato[/MENTION] made a good point about clubs governing their own competition though. Really torn on this.

What is this garbage. So even more meaningless games in an already packed schedule ?

[MENTION=19910]Sterlingfan2000[/MENTION] where can I sign up for the ESL cult ?

Last edited:

KingLeo10

:lol: You know the CL going forward was gonna be trash when Papa Perez, who helms by far the most successful club in CL history, was leading the charge to be rid of the CL, despite this reseting his club's trophy count to 0 :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
CR7 in absolute shambles when some half decent striker breaks his CL goal record by scoring 20 goals a season against feeder teams in the "group stages".

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tbf to UEFA.....this format was pushed by the very same clubs that want to create and join the Super League. This was set in motion years ago because the clubs in the ECA kept threatening to create a Super League if there wasn't more money for them in the future. So UEFA created this. More games = more $$$.

So in essence this screwed up Champions League format is also on the hands of clubs like Real Madrid, Barca, Juve, English clubs, Bayern in particular.

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...-for-elite-league-of-top-clubs-a-1236447.html

Last edited:

serghei

It looks like shit, it makes sense like shit, is fair like shit, and I understood shit all.

So it must be shit.

Birdy

The difference between:
i) 9 games for each team (some home, some away) in let's say a mini-league of: Barca, Bayern, Liverpool, Milan, PSG, Arsenal, Atletico, Napoli, Leipzig
(SL potential format)
AND
ii) 10 games for each team (home and away against everyone) in let's say a mini league of Barca, Leipzig, Red Star Blg, Galatasaray, Brugges
(New CL Format)

is
STARK...

One more reason to want the SL to go through

FinBarcelonafan

New CL format:
https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1499394719721402370

I mean the UEFA doesn't make it easy to root for them against ESL :lol: [MENTION=5226]El Gato[/MENTION] made a good point about clubs governing their own competition though. Really torn on this.

Jesus that's ***** stupid. The big games will mean nothing is they beat worse teams. At least in 6 game group you have some surprise factor. This is too much advantage to big clubs.

And 36 teams instead of 32.. fail. The quality is shite already.

Bring on super League. This is shit.

Playing too many games in CL takes away the prestigious as well. So boring.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans