European Super League

Birdy

Alternative is strict FFP where the rich get richer and no one can ever challenge them.

A business owner SHOULD be able to put their own capital in to make their product better.

Lol
Do your research, dude. What they are doing has nothing to do with putting their own capital

My problem is, if part of the argument for ESL is to counter oil clubs, perhaps don't include them in the project.

They won't initially join, as they know it will hurt their free raid that they are doing right now across European football.
PSG never joined in 2021, and City were the 'inside traitor' that first left and questionmarks were posed as to their stance in the first place (leaks at the time were telling)

But even if they join, or are forced to follow some years after the ESL formation, seeing that they are being left behind and out of the elite, they will play by the same rules.
In the document published by ESL clubs midweek, there was a clear point in FFP regulations and close monitoring to trace financial ways of cheating
Don't worry, there is no way back

Andresito

Staff member
Toni Kroos: "Why is it ok for UEFA to introduce a Nations League that no one needs?" ... "Although we have already talked about the loss of passion for football, I believe that the Super League has the opportunity to reverse that situation."

El Gato

Villarato!
Kroos been against Nations League for a while and is pretty wrong on 'no one needing it'.
Big NTs arent obliged to take it seriously if dont want to so why's he complaining

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kroos been against Nations League for a while and is pretty wrong on 'no one needing it'.
Big NTs arent obliged to take it seriously if dont want to so why's he complaining

Probably because he feels like UEFA/FIFA are doing whatever they want without taking the players' health into consideration so it's hypocritical of them to criticize the ESL project.

At least that's what I would guess considering the guy doesn't even play for the NT anymore.

El Gato

Villarato!
He has long (quite rightly) bemoaned the 'too many matches' problem.

Issue is he's attacking the model that works for many countries lower down the pyramid.

Birdy

He has long (quite rightly) bemoaned the 'too many matches' problem.

Issue is he's attacking the model that works for many countries lower down the pyramid.

Again this populist argument...
UEFA doesn't give a shit about the minor countries down the pyramid. They want more matches among the big boys, more 'trophies' to be won, and more income for them, and justification to maintain their parasitic status on football

The 'care' for the minors is the fa?ade they put forward for the gullible ones to take, and hide the real reasons they are springing competitions up everywhere like mushrooms

Birdy

Nobody said they care.
Learn to read.

I know how to read better than you, believe me...
Even if no one said it, that's the facade. Minor nations getting some benefits was always gonna be the lure, and the moralist/populist justification.
The real reason for the existence of such competitions is what I wrote above.

Birdy

@DeadlineDayLive
?
14h
�� ����������������! UEFA are considering allowing clubs with the same owner to participate simultaneously in the Champions League!

The new rule is under consideration by Aleksander Čeferin, who has been in contact with owners who wish to buy other clubs.

@TimesSport

UEFA bending to whatever Qatar wants.

Tell me more about how bad the Super League project is...

Givenchy

@DeadlineDayLive
?
14h
�� ����������������! UEFA are considering allowing clubs with the same owner to participate simultaneously in the Champions League!

The new rule is under consideration by Aleksander Čeferin, who has been in contact with owners who wish to buy other clubs.

@TimesSport

UEFA bending to whatever Qatar wants.

Tell me more about how bad the Super League project is...

I guess this is to do with United selling their soul to Qatar?

PSG vs United in the CL, 2 teams owned by the same state, I'm sure that tie won't be predetermined. :facepalm:

Porque

Qatar have already presented the example of RedBull. So one way or another they will have their fingers over it, just challenging the structure. Open or closed ownership.

Porque

I guess this is to do with United selling their soul to Qatar?

PSG vs United in the CL, 2 teams owned by the same state, I'm sure that tie won't be predetermined. :facepalm:

This is the obvious argument. Or would they do some fuckery and have it so they can't be drawn in the same group like same nation sides.

Messi983

Still remember when Čeferin said something like "we won't let some billionairs ruin our football". :lol:

FrQbZCWWwAAWJe9

Porque

Would you be open to a end of season Final Four by the Super League post season with ridiculous prize money in Saudi?

Invite to the winners of the EPL, LaLiga, Serie A and Bundesliga only.

Got to establish the brand and get those towels wet.

Messi983

Would do it. Even glorified friendly club games are better than international football.

Not that EPL or BL clubs would do it though.

Home of Barca Fans