European Super League

Jenks

Who would be in the competition at this point? Barca, Real, Juve... and then padded out with random teams from smaller leagues?

Morten

Who would be in the competition at this point? Barca, Real, Juve... and then padded out with random teams from smaller leagues?

I think those are the biggest teams, yes, and I doubt there will be any english sides.

Doesnt sound all that interesting.

Birdy

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive

It won't be created with smaller league teams. That's the point of the SL.

I don't see how the ones that originally signed (bar City who have endless money and can cheat under UEFA) won't sign again. The benefits far outweigh the cons

The question is when and how they are going to sell the story to their fans

Jenks

I don't see how the ones that originally signed (bar City who have endless money and can cheat under UEFA) won't sign again. The benefits far outweigh the cons

They said they only signed up for fear of missing out. The British government have basically said that legally they'll be blocked from joining, even if they want to. Frankly though I don't think they would dare. The fans would be in revolt.

Birdy

They said they only signed up for fear of missing out. The British government have basically said that legally they'll be blocked from joining, even if they want to. Frankly though I don't think they would dare. The fans would be in revolt.

They said their lies like all good politicians. We know why they signed

The British government won't be able to block them, as they will have the faith of UEFA if it goes to court at the highest level.

Yes, the question is how to sell it to their fans. That's their only issue

Jenks

malvolio

@DeadlineDayLive
Β·
2h

𝗕π—₯π—˜π—”π—žπ—œπ—‘π—š: Tomorrow it will be decided that UEFA does NOT have a monopoly on organising football competitions by the European Court of Justice. This means that after tomorrow, the Super League can be LEGALLY created.

Perez and the future of football are winning!
I think those are the biggest teams, yes, and I doubt there will be any english sides.

Doesnt sound all that interesting.
Fair enough. Let's see who does it better. Like streaming platforms, SL, UEFA and whoever will duke it out for delivering the best product.

SL might be worse at first, but seeing the corrupt and heavily politically influenced UEFA get fucked it's always better.

Birdy

Not just English clubs, likes of Bayern and PSG currently willing to play no part.

Let's keep their PR and public speech apart from their real interests and motives.

Only PSG City, Newcastle, and any other prospective Arab-money laundering club have interests against the SL.

All the rest have to gain from it and will join it sooner or later.

fergus90

Let's keep their PR and public speech apart from their real interests and motives.

Only PSG City, Newcastle, and any other prospective Arab-money laundering club have interests against the SL.

All the rest have to gain from it and will join it sooner or later.
to be honest, I hope it does happen. CL is outdated and a forgone conclusion until April.

UEFA as an organisation are a shambles too. They’ve slowly done enough to marginalise themselves from clubs from their down doing.

Obviously how they presented the Super League last time was a disaster in terms of permanent members and the lack of sporting merit but with an improved format it’s time for something new.

Jenks

You can't bleat about UEFA corruption while supporting a "Super League" alternative that is literally being forced into existence against the will of most fans by a load of oligarchs for the sole purpose of maximising profit for the few.

Morten

You can't bleat about UEFA corruption while supporting a "Super League" alternative that is literally being forced into existence against the will of most fans by a load of oligarchs for the sole purpose of maximising profit for the few.

Besides, Perez invited all the oil teams to his project, so its not like he cares about rooting out corruption anyway.

Home of Barca Fans