European Super League

Sterlingfan2000

Ronaldo : The Super League will come sooner or later. Football is always evolving, it is always improving. Super League will not be like the presented, because it was a disaster but it will come.There is a lack of dialogue between football leaders to improve the football industry.

Windhook

Ronaldo : The Super League will come sooner or later. Football is always evolving, it is always improving. Super League will not be like the presented, because it was a disaster but it will come.There is a lack of dialogue between football leaders to improve the football industry.

I share this opinion of Ronaldo. It's inevitable with the record losses clubs in Europe are sustaining. Just read a report of a total of 7 billion in losses for the past year in European football. I believe it's part UEFA neglecting the market prospect of CL, EL, part COVID and part government lockdowns and empty stadiums.

khaled_a_d

I share this opinion of Ronaldo. It's inevitable with the record losses clubs in Europe are sustaining. Just read a report of a total of 7 billion in losses for the past year in European football. I believe it's part UEFA neglecting the market prospect of CL, EL, part COVID and part government lockdowns and empty stadiums.

Taking the middle man out is common sense for the clubs.
Hypocritical from EPL/Liga etc to claim otherwise considering they have already done that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Thanks for sharing that UEFA report. I'd think most of the losses were due to COVID, without COVID I can't say there wouldn't be any losses but definitely wouldn't have been this colossal.

UEFA is trying hard to bring in more money, I just don't know how the ESL would have handled COVID better and brought in more money in general (without COVID).

Windhook

UEFA is trying hard to bring in more money, I just don't know how the ESL would have handled COVID better and brought in more money in general (without COVID).

UEFA welcomed the state owned clubs in European football, thus breaking unknowingly the fair system that existed around 10 years ago. Then when the monster was inside the castle FFP was introduced, which was a joke, we all know how Man City's suspension was overturned in the Court of Arbitration in Lausanne. All this made other big clubs that had individual/socios ownership to spend more and more, of course Barca had a reckless transfer policy under Barto. COVID just catalysed the mismanagement at certain clubs like ours.

UEFA is bringing more money, but the fact all big clubs agreed on the initial ESL deal before the fan backlash proves that there was a problem in European football. Otherwise those who pulled out of the deal would have rejected the idea in the first place.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
UEFA welcomed the state owned clubs in European football, thus breaking unknowingly the fair system that existed around 10 years ago. Then when the monster was inside the castle FFP was introduced, which was a joke, we all know how Man City's suspension was overturned in the Court of Arbitration in Lausanne. All this made other big clubs that had individual/socios ownership to spend more and more, of course Barca had a reckless transfer policy under Barto. COVID just catalysed the mismanagement at certain clubs like ours.

UEFA is bringing more money, but the fact all big clubs agreed on the initial ESL deal before the fan backlash proves that there was a problem in European football. Otherwise those who pulled out of the deal would have rejected the idea in the first place.

I think those other clubs that initially participated in the ESL, together with us, Madrid and Juventus the three remaining ones were all going after the promised $ potential, more than anything else. Let's be honest, if clubs ditch the UEFA and go for the ESL gang, they are looking for money.

I don't think Florentino and Laporta etc. had the goal of creating a more balanced and fairer playing field in mind when they pushed for the ESL then or now. I don't think the ESL will necessarily handle issues such as state-own clubs or the FFP much better than UEFA (they are not going to turn away City, PSG and New Castle etc.)

All those other issues aside, fundamentally I question whether the ESL will bring in more money as those clubs were looking for, basically its viability. Also what is the price to pay. The funds behind the ESL will be looking for big payouts. Perhaps it is like the CVC deal model, awarding participating clubs a lot of money up front and then provide resources to help the ESL grow? I just don't know.

Sterlingfan2000

I think those other clubs that initially participated in the ESL, together with us, Madrid and Juventus the three remaining ones were all going after the promised $ potential, more than anything else. Let's be honest, if clubs ditch the UEFA and go for the ESL gang, they are looking for money.

I don't think Florentino and Laporta etc. had the goal of creating a more balanced and fairer playing field in mind when they pushed for the ESL then or now. I don't think the ESL will necessarily handle issues such as state-own clubs or the FFP much better than UEFA (they are not going to turn away City, PSG and New Castle etc.)

All those other issues aside, fundamentally I question whether the ESL will bring in more money as those clubs were looking for, basically its viability. Also what is the price to pay. The funds behind the ESL will be looking for big payouts. Perhaps it is like the CVC deal model, awarding participating clubs a lot of money up front and then provide resources to help the ESL grow? I just don't know.

ESL will handle FFP better because they will kick out OIl Clubs. Perez wasnt lying when he said ESL is the only way to control State clubs because they kick out PSG and City from esl if they breach FFP

Last edited:

Windhook

Truth is Florentino and such can never compete in the long term against the limitless funds Qatar and UAE have. And that's where football is heading in the future, because all the petrodollars are flowing to the English Premier League.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
ESL will handle FFP better because they will kick out OIl Clubs. Perez wasnt lying when he said ESL is the only way to control State clubs because they kick out PSG and City from esl if they breach FFP

City was one of the founding clubs in the ESL. They will never kick out the state clubs.

Home of Barca Fans