Ernesto Valverde: An Analysis of his tenure

George_Costanza

Exact same reason why he didnt mention Valverde. Doesnt mean he thinks lightly of them as coaches.

I didn't think Messi would think highly of Lucho, so him putting Lucho above EV tells a lot, especially when EV's cult members kept saying Messi liked EV a lot.

JamDav1982

I didn't think Messi would think highly of Lucho, so him putting Lucho above EV tells a lot, especially when EV's cult members kept saying Messi liked EV a lot.

Puts Lucho above Rijkaard as well.

The two coaches of Barcas two best teams he has been involved in so not surprising really. Luchos time = MSN as well.

More surprising doesnt mention Rijkaard if anything.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi likes Valverde as a person, not as a manager. I thought this was pretty clear by now.

Messi highly respected his defensive tactics at beginning of tenure. He praised them publicly, understood where it was coming from.

KingLeo10

And then Setien appeared and made him think he is great again.

Anfield was more embarrassing than Bayern. We had Messi playing at Ballon d'Or level in CL. Pool were missing 2 of their front 3 and we had a 3-0 lead...and we'd already experienced a collapse the season prior.

JamDav1982

Anfield was more embarrassing than Bayern. We had Messi playing at Ballon d'Or level in CL. Pool were missing 2 of their front 3 and we had a 3-0 lead...and we'd already experienced a collapse the season prior.

It was but the players take just as much blame for that as EV does.

The individual mistakes made and failing to score in a fairly even game was criminal.

Just as at home players take credit for that 3-0 win more and poor moments by Liverpool costs them.

That tie was very even across the two legs on balance of play. Individual moments good and bad decided it more than anything tactical one way or other.

I still think he should have left as after two CL results like those in consecutive years there has to be a change but tactically v Liverpool there was not as much wrong as is often made out.

Vilarrubi

Bayern was sort of expected too. Anfield was more of a shock because we thought Roma was a one off.

Home of Barca Fans