Eric García (loaned to Girona)

Andresito

Staff member
Welcome.

I urge you bums to give this guy a chance. The boy hasn't even stepped foot on the pitch and he's being bashed like he's Lenglet.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Welcome.

I urge you bums to give this guy a chance. The boy hasn't even stepped foot on the pitch and he's being bashed like he's Lenglet.

A lot of 'fans' will be spinning this irrespective of how he does for years, many of same fans were touting virtues of Barto/Rosell a decade ago

mc_lovin

I like him. Not expecting him to fix our defense though, but that's not the expectation anyone should have right now.

Rory

Maybe he'll be an ideal partner for Araujo. One pure ball-winning defender and the other the calm composed passer. Here's to hoping. Not like we can afford to sign a top class cb anyway.

Messi983

Maybe he'll be an ideal partner for Araujo. One pure ball-winning defender and the other the calm composed passer. Here's to hoping. Not like we can afford to sign a top class cb anyway.

I think they could complement each other well too. But problem is they are both pretty inexperienced (at the position where experience is crucial) and none of them will have a more experienced leader alongside them to lean on him. Pique has experience but he is old, injured and was never a leader. I still think Lenglet is a good player but he can't cope with pressure and more responsibilities (which he was expected to take with Pique being injured last season). I think he would do very good having a true leader like Puyol alongside him though. And obviously other youngsters would benefit immensely as well but we just don't have a player like that in our team right now and are unlikely to get one.

So unless we'll get another CB (which we're apparently looking for but I think it's unlikely we'll get one) then I'd be willing to give Araujo-Garcia partnership a chance from the start of the season (As long as Araujo is fit obviously which is another concern I have. I just don't think Garcia playing alongside Lenglet or even less Pique would work as they're all too slow) to build a chemistry and stick with them through possible early struggles. But we all know this won't happen until Pique is here.

FC433

^
imagine having Koulibaly alongside our CBs, that would be amazing. We are going to have to sell/ let go of either CL/ Pique though for that to happen.

Sterlingfan2000

Garc?a: "Comparison with Piqu?? That they compare me with him is a cause for joy, but there's no point. I'm just starting, and Piqu? has been the best centre-back in the last 10 years."

serghei

He got the delusion part right at least. Instant fit. Now if he says Busi is the best midfielder in the world he's gonna be great for us.

If someone searches his PC he probably has Windows 7 installed and plays Fifa 11 still.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans