Eric García

xXKonan

Like I said in the Flick thread.

Guess he's not coming back after all since Xavi is gone at the end of the season. No way Flick would consider him an option due to his lack of pace and physicality.

Messi983

@Barcaman @Andresito We should move this thread back under First team section like other players returning from loans.

Was surprised to read Eric was defender with most goals in La Liga last season. All of them headers and also important to win points or first goals of the games. Hope that's enough for Girona to spend some money on him although they're reportedly closing on a deal for Krejči from Sparta Prague. He's left-footed though (and BTW also scores a lot as a defender) so maybe more of a replacement for Blind.

6662a9574c7ad.png

Porque

Eric is surely better than Blind and can also play RB. Admittedly would give us an option there if we managed to sell Kounde.

Would be a downgrade as Kounde is the best RB in the league for me (mostly down to the lack of quality) but still- an option.

Eric still gives me nightmares and I find Faye has way more upside so hopefully we can sell him. But knowing this club we will sell Faye for 15m with an impossible to activate buyback, and keep Eric who will be a disaster show and deplete from a 5m sale to a loan and covering half his wages.

Home of Barca Fans