Eric Abidal

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
AtxsyA1CAAEbA_L.jpg:large

Ender

Garcia Valdecasas (surgeon Abidal): "He's recovering well from transplant. We should be careful, but can't exclude he'll play again." [e3]

M

mitkoa7x

Garcia-Valdecasas (surgeon Abidal): "The risk for the donor is quite high, even higher than for the person who receives the liver." [e3]

I hope Gerard is as strong as Abi.

Garcia-Valdecasas (surgeon Abidal): "A liver regenerates in 3 months. After 3-6-12 months, the patient can have a normal life." [e3 via md]

Galning

That means he won't be able to play in 12 months. That means he won't be able to train professionaly for over a year. That means he'll be 34 if he wants to make his comeback.
I don't see that happening. Just glad that he's doing alright.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That means he won't be able to play in 12 months. That means he won't be able to train professionaly for over a year. That means he'll be 34 if he wants to make his comeback.
I don't see that happening. Just glad that he's doing alright.

Yep...I think those news blurbs continue to confuse fans about the big picture here wrt Eric

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Barcelona defender Eric Abidal could return to play football again following a liver transplant, according to the surgeon who carried out the operation.

Doctor Juan Carlos Garcia-Valdecasas believes there is no reason why he should not return to the pitch again if the latest operation proves a success.

"It's up to him. I wouldn't stop him. Time will tell," Garcia-Valdecasas was quoted as telling Spanish television station TV3.

"If Eric responds well, there is no reason why he shouldn't.

"The liver is an organ that regenerates in three months. Abidal has to recover little by little, but between three and six months, or up to a year after the intervention, the patient is able to have a normal life.

"He is always in high spirits. He is a very positive character, it is tremendous. He has never complained about anything."

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
1339159879831.jpg

Picture: Abidal at the training centre this morning, where he met with the team doctor, Villa and Cuenca

Home of Barca Fans