Emerson

Messi983

I think he'll be a starter in 2-3 months with Dest being a backup at both FB positions while Roberto will probably be used in midfield.

He even learned a sentence in catalan :lol:

Generally I am very happy with our RB situation. I don't think there's more we could have done.

We'll see how he'll develop but I'm still a bit disappointed we didn't sign Yan Couto.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
At 1.68 and having not truly been a star at Girona, I do not see the Cuoto pursuit as a loss - he's years away still from playing at this level IMHO

Messi983

Wasn't he choosen as the best RB in Segunda last season? I know he's still a few years away from potentially being good enough for a top club (and he might never reach that level) but it was his first season in Europe and he has just turned 19 a month ago. City will surely loan him out again but would still be worth a risk for 6m or what was the price we had agreed to sign him before they've doubled our offer.

Don't really see his height as that big disadvantage. Dani Alves is just 4 cms taller for example.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm not even sure what significance that has considering first half of the season he was rarely starting/playing. He can bomb forward but his defense has not been anything impressive

Dani, is an exception - like Dest before him there's no point comparing others to the GOAT at a position. Plus, Dani was an absolute monster in defense at 19

Even at this moment, I would say his stock has not risen since the initial pursuit of him that saw City land him for 6M. We are much better positioned at RB with Dest & Emerson eventhough I remain unconvinced by the Dutch/Yank.

My prediction if Dest continues to tread water and Emerson flatters to deceive, then a veteran RB will be pursued next summer

Porque

I think Yan Couto will end up having his career in Spain.

Plays a bit like Dest, but with the phsique of Moussa Wague.

I loved Emerson’s work rate at Betis. I don’t love his appalling first touch. I’m hopeful but realistic. And let’s face it, Dest has thus far proved little better than Roberto.

Andresito

Staff member
Was pretty crap when he came on. But I'll give him a pass as it was his first game after vacation and also first game for Barca. Still believe he'll be more useful than Dest.

Bobo32

After watching this, I understand he made maybe one of the worst debuts and maybe worst performances I've seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDZ2lWrixt0

Of course he might be given a little pass because of circumstances, but nevermind the misplaced passes - if his movement and style is anything close to what he showed there he will be the obvious weak link of the team when he plays.

Bobo32

Another bait with another extreme opinion. Doesn't it get boring at some point?
I am an extreme person though. But no bait.
Isn't it getting boring to moan all the time? I thought you were more laidback and nice before, but now you seem to become a bit sick everytime I have an opinion you don't agree with.
What did you think about his game?

Bobo32

He didn't show anything positive but a lot of negatives.
Well, maybe he is fast and maybe you could spot that on one or two occassions, even though he was late to the duels.
He seemed to be afraid of the ball, when he had it he mostly passed it backwards, and sometimes he tried in an embarrassing way to pass it inwards, on the wrong foot, at the wrong time.
It looked like he just wanted to get rid of the ball and not make a mistake - leading to a lot of mistakes.
He was very lazy in his positioning when Pique got the ball, maybe because he actually didn't want to get it.
But I suspect he doesn't know where he should be in order to be able to buildup effectively - and he doesn't seem to understand the need for it either.

To me, it looked almost as if they'd put Usain Bolt in as a RB. I would expect him to play a bit similarly.
Or a repressed Dembele playing as defender.

Joan

I am an extreme person though. But no bait.
Isn't it getting boring to moan all the time? I thought you were more laidback and nice before, but now you seem to become a bit sick everytime I have an opinion you don't agree with.
What did you think about his game?

Not really, I respect your opinions, but overreactions like this one do look like baits.

Anyways, it's a poor performance. From the start, he's misplaced some passes which resulted in ball losses. Also at times seemed as he went for the first, not the best option to pass. I liked the way he moved forward, didn't always pass it backwards and even combined well at times, like when he found Griezmann in the middle of the bunch. Also shows great pace and mobility, can count on him to return back in time. That'll improve with adapting to the team's dynamics, but he's not bad at it as of now either. And he's got good defensive instincts, knows how to close his man, follow him around, challenge etc. Negatives which can and usually end up being ironed and positives one cannot learn. Not too unhappy about him.

Home of Barca Fans