Emerson

abiabi

I have a differing impression, I actually think his crosses are worse than those of Dest offensively; defensively he is prone to losing his position and making mistakes and yes, will result in plenty of free-kicks for the other team. He is physical yes and he can be a bit overly aggressive. I think BBZ will like him. To me he is a lot of brawn and not enough brains.

he reaches more than 35 km/h sprints according to articles, thats all BBZ needs to know

Andresito

Staff member
What I remember: We watched the Betis game against Real and general opinion was he looked bad.

Not getting my hopes up.

But Andre Gomes looked like a beast against Madrid. Maybe that's proof of Emerson being a good buy.

mc_lovin

Which game vs Madrid? Looked abysmal in the first game and probably was the best player on the pitch in the 2nd game, which wasn't too hard though.

Nazario1985

Emerson will never reach the level of Gomez..

The guy was able to make EV angry and reacting like a normal humain being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7-nMDE5fLs

Joke aside the disappointment reaction was for Gomez indeed but the angry reaction of EV & Stegen was at some supporters for whistling Gomez

Last edited:

Messi983

Can't wait for [MENTION=29755]Bobo32[/MENTION] to come here and tell us how Emerson will only manage to bring the food from the kitchen to the table 81,23% of the time. :koeman:

malvolio

Looking forward to see people hating him for not being Dani Alves three games into his Barca career.

1. dest confirmed to be mediocre
2. people will always make that comparison because alves was our best RB ever and they wrongly think dani's initial clumsiness in sevilla is the same with what we've seen from dest/semedo when they've started here

BusiTheKing

A shame we keep going for second rate fullbacks. He'll probably do ok but nobody would like it if we started going picking up midfielders or attackers of the equivalent level as Emerson. The effect is the same. Offensively, with how we play, a world class full back can make just as much difference as a world class 10 or striker - if not more.

mc_lovin

A shame we keep going for second rate fullbacks. He'll probably do ok but nobody would like it if we started going picking up midfielders or attackers of the equivalent level as Emerson. The effect is the same. Offensively, with how we play, a world class full back can make just as much difference as a world class 10 or striker - if not more.

You have a suggestion?

mc_lovin

I think people will be surprised how mobile and good at short passing he is. Looks a lot like Alves when receiving passes and running into space. That's what always stood out for me (apart from his physicality). I don't believe he will be another Firpo, but you never know how players adapt to top clubs.

Home of Barca Fans